Adding the LFD to the character selection screen?

If you could queue your characters from the character selection screen, more people would run their tanks/healers while waiting for their DPS's queue too pop. more happy-time for everyone no?

as soon as their dps' queue pops, tank drops midfight, mass death ensues for the poor grp left behind

the old tank, who has jumped on his dps char now that the dungeon has popped, now sees the tank of HIS grp pull and then drop grp for a dps char dungeon pop
    causing MOAR wipes

see what im getting with here?

same reason why you cant queue for all the BGs at once anymore, or even BGs and Dungeons at the same time
    too many ppl popping between grps causes crazy instability
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-02-04 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be happy if at the very least, they would make it so we could go afk while waiting in the queue and not get logged out.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    as soon as their dps' queue pops, tank drops midfight, mass death ensues for the poor grp left behind

the old tank, who has jumped on his dps char now that the dungeon has popped, now sees the tank of HIS grp pull and then drop grp for a dps char dungeon pop
    causing MOAR wipes

see what im getting with here?

same reason why you cant queue for all the BGs at once anymore, or even BGs and Dungeons at the same time
    too many ppl popping between grps causes crazy instability
    The fix would be to remove all other queues once one pops. Personally I think they should do that to allow for BGs and dungeons. Queue for all BGs and all dungeons, but the moment one pops and you hit accept, you are removed from all the queues. No more dropping group because a BG popped up, or a new dungeon etc. Still, I don't really like the idea of queuing multiple characters from the character select screen. There are already too many people who drop group or decline the invite.

Considering the DPS Queue is 30-60 min. and most dungeons are done in about the same time, I'd rather the tank leave early than having to stay logged in on my main from the time I get home from work til I go to bed and MAYBE finish one dungeon. Seeing as there would be more tanks available this way, him leaving wouldn't cause the rest of the group to go "F this, I have a life" and disband.