Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whatever, let's see if the tanks come back to LFD queue or not.

I didn't mind failing if it meant another 5 minutes of downtime. 30+ minutes in the queue and if it's an instafail (more often than not) then it's another 10 or so minutes + another 30 to get into another random heroic. Ya ok, whatever, see ya later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfrog View Post
    Wotlk 2.0 incoming!

Enough for me, quitting my account, cya!
    you wont quit and it is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So......over half the pug couldn't finish Grim Batol....And what they think can be done to counter it is boost everyone by 15%....brilliant.

When players with a lack of ability (baddies) queue up for heroics they will most likely cause an unending stream of wipes and any time someone suggests it is their fault they will curse and throw a fit or try to kick the person that pointed out their errors. No amount of buff is going to help these people.

When players with a lack of experience (n00bs) queue up for heroics you may get a good one (rarely). These guys want to learn, will announce that they don't know the fights, but maybe they watched a video and they're really excited to try the new boss. You tell them what to do and it might take one or at most two wipes for them to figure it out. The buff will definitely help these guys as they may be pulling lower dps just from lack of familiarity with end game content, but they will get better over time.

The other ones (what you normally see) will lie and say they've done a fight before or say they know the mechanics in order to not look foolish, only to end up causing wipes because they didn't actually know what they were doing. Then when confronted they either drop group or start blaming other people. Again, no amount of buff is going to help these guys. They will break cc, pull extra groups, fail on simple boss mechanics, and generally do anything wrong that you can do in a dungeon run.

So basically on a rare occasion you'll get a good n00b who could use a buff to help him while he's learning the ropes. The majority of the time you'll still get the typical bad players that refuse help, think they are awesome, but can barely pull 5k dps with 346 gear and turn the run into a long, drawn-out process of wiping, running back and wiping. The buff is going to help a very small portion of the solo LFD queuing community. For everyone else it's just putting their damage almost on par with where they should be for their gear with no buffs, but does not help them CC or generally do any of the things that they need to do to succeed in a typical heroic 5 man run.
    Last edited by tibben; 2011-02-04 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    this would be true, but my worry is that it is the vocal minority that have called for these buffs, before cata release there was a general feel around these forums that harder content would be well accepted and that we needed to distance the game from wrath, my opinion is that while we have all been enjoying the new content in our millions the people crying to blizz have been on there forums moanong for nerfs

and i really am considering if theres any point in keeping my subscription active, i can work now with my guild to go through the content or i can cancel , save my money for a year come back in a few patches, get all my achs and gear for alot less effort.

So let me get this straight, people whining here during wotlk that it was too easy were the majority and now the people who whine here are the minority? Wait wut?

Maybe you should have read Ghostcrawlers blog, he told you not to evoke silent majorities.

10+ Year Old Account
    15% really? What does Blizzard expect people to be able to learn from the difficulty of the heroic 5 mans? Heroic 5 mans have been billed by Blizzard as the raid training grounds.
    I'm a former hard-core player turned al;most casual- And I find this change will only cause more frustration in guild recruitment than it will relief. Not looking forward to the change.

10v10 might be a decent change though.
    -
    Standing in fire since December 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by lcarnegie View Post
    you wont quit and it is what it is.
    I have already done it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guarantee 5% damage/healing isn't going to fix the rampant retardism I've seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Wrong on every count. The people wanting nerfs are the majority, the ones protesting are the minority and I never saw anything anywhere suggesting that the game needed to be "distanced from Wrath" and Blizzard certainly never made any such statement. Total nonsense.
    Uh, I guess you werent around then. Players have been complaining about "ez mode epics" for a couple years now, and yes even Blizz mentioned ramping up difficulty because they felt that Wotlk didnt provide enough challenge for players. Of course people arent happy with what they actually get and realize they would rather have easy to get epics.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

I dont agree with coar and other people who says it wasn't needed,it is obvious that you guys didn't use dungeon finder without your guild mates,if you ever tried full pug you should know that sometimes HC can be really frustrated since you got in with 2-3 ppl who dont know how to play,as a dps if you leave the dungeon you must wait another40-50 min to into another one and if you continue the dungeon it usually result in situation where people start pointless arguments,and overall it was really boring and frustrated.

So thanks blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by howak View Post
    I dont agree with coar and other people who says it wasn't needed,it is obvious that you guys didn't use dungeon finder without your guild mates,if you ever tried full pug you should know that sometimes HC can be really frustrated since you got in with 2-3 ppl who dont know how to play,as a dps if you leave the dungeon you must wait another40-50 min to into another one and if you continue the dungeon it usually result in situation where people start pointless arguments,and overall it was really boring and frustrated.

So thanks blizzard
    I'd agree with you except that VP's are gained daily and I do not feel these points should be given to the vast majority who cannot complete the current 5 man content even in a PuG. If heroics were simply a stepping block for gear progression (346 blues only) and not a means for random players to purchase 359 or higher gear I would agree with the nerfs.

Wont be long before they start nerfing everything else because PuG's cant get past the first few bosses in BWD or BoT.

On a unrelated note when has pugging in any game ever been fun? Oh right it generally is horrible.

Edit: If they start rampant nerfing like they did in Wrath they can expect me to quit yet again. Nothing is fun about being able to steam roll everything. That includes 5-mans because with the current system if I do not cap out on VP each week via raiding I'll have to run these heroics which will be an absolute snorefest as if they aren't already!
    Last edited by lavis; 2011-02-04 at 09:02 PM.

That's about it then Even Though I can understand people having problems with PUGs and sometimes it can be frustrating, however if a player is somehow a bit worse than average that shouldn't be a reason enough to go all the way up to this point. My point being fair and simple : If the game that you are playing creates a wall of skill infront of you, you shouldn't be whining about it and figuring out some freakingly pointless reason for it to be removed, instead you should be figuring out a way to go pass it by making you as a player the one and only wallbreaker.
    Even though my first thought was pretty much something like "goodbye my loved cataclysm and hello to my worst nightmare...WotLK" I'm still going to keep hoping that this won't turn into another free epics BS.

As a side note my worst fears might actually come true... I was just thinkin about 4.1 where u can apparently buy epic gear with your Justice Points, if not before, then that might actually be the final checkpoint for the marching epic army of people who actually shouldn't be wearing anything like that.

Please Blizzard I really beg you, do not make the mistakes of WotLK again.

Elwgel the Casual(really casual) out

So once the patch is released.. if I solo sign up for a random heroic and I get into a group with four players from the same guild. Will I still get the 15% buff (4 random players to me) but the others will only get 5% (I would be the only random players to them)?

Why is this even needed?
    Doing my daily actively every day since january, I have barely wiped, and I have allways went with random people.
    If it wasnt active, a 15% buff seems unnesecary, I would agreed with it if it came with the start of cata when I felt a little challenge, but now its just no point >>

If you are still running 5 mans for the 'challenging' aspect of the mobs and bosses themselves, you are a horrible horrible player.

For those saying heroics should be a raid training ground, they still are for guild groups. Pugs are not training grounds for any raid since you should be doing raids with a guild anyway.

The only challenging thing about 5 mans right now is coming in and having everyone on his low geared alt and taking forever to finish the place. Most people are only down to doing one heroic a day now.

This will just make the pug groups move faster. You can still go into you 5 man guild run and fail for a couple hours on challenging game play if you like to train for a raid.

---------- Post added 2011-02-04 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calene View Post
    So once the patch is released.. if I solo sign up for a random heroic and I get into a group with four players from the same guild. Will I still get the 15% buff (4 random players to me) but the others will only get 5% (I would be the only random players to them)?
    No, sounds like you need at least 3 people random in the group to get it. If you just sign up random and they has group it'll be 5% for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Calene View Post
    5% for all, groups get placed in randoms before single players.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnyhat View Post
    No, sounds like you need at least 3 people random in the group to get it. If you just sign up random and they has group it'll be 5% for everyone.
    Fair enough.

What if me and a player from my guild signs up for a random, we get into a group with 3 other people from another guild? No buff at all then?

15+ Year Old Account
    so a dps doing 4k dps with 5% luck of the draw will do 10% more damage and be doing 4.4k damage. It doesn't matter if you give an additional 10% damage healing and health increase if your going to screw up your probably going to wipe anyways.

The tears are oh, so sweet.

It's actually fun, being on the outside of this, looking in.

I mean, buffs like Luck of the Draw always seem nice, but really it only acts as a crutch that makes everyone suffer in the long-term.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!