Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Epic Crafted Items Gem Slots, Ink Traders in 4.0.6, Blue Posts

Gem Slots on crafted epics
    Lylirra clarified how the changes to gem slots on crafted epics will work in 4.0.6.
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker)
    I double-checked with our designers just to be sure, and they confirmed that existing crafted items that are eligible for an additional gem socket will simply be updated with the patch in to include one. No additional effort on your part will be required.

As a reminder, here is a list of the items upgraded in 4.0.6. And before you ask, no, I didn't forget Dragonkiller Tunic / Assassin's Chestplate / Belt of Nefarious Whispers / Corded Viper Belt, they just don't have socket changes (yet?).
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Blacksmithing
    • Elementium Deathplate now has 321 Strength (-20) and 208 Mastery Rating (-20). Now has a Yellow Socket (+10 Strength socket bonus)
    • Elementium Girdle of Pain now has 233 Strength (-20) and 149 Haste Rating (-20). Now has a Yellow Socket (+10 Strength socket bonus)
    • Hardened Elementium Girdle now has 233 Strength (-20) and 149 Mastery Rating. (-20). Now has a Blue Socket (+10 Dodge socket bonus)
    • Hardened Elementium Hauberk now has 321 Strength (-20) and 208 Parry Rating. (-20). Now has a Blue Socket (+10 Parry socket bonus)
    • Light Elementium Belt now has 233 Intellect (-20) and 149 Spirit (-20). Now has a Yellow socket (+10 Intellect socket bonus)
    • Light Elementium Chestguard now has 321 Intellect (-20) and 208 Critical strike rating (-20). Now has a Yellow socket (+10 Intellect socket bonus)

Leatherworking
    • Chestguard of Nature's Fury now has 321 Intellect (-20) and 221 Mastery Rating (-20). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Haste Rating socket bonus)
    • Lightning Lash now has 233 Intellect (-20), 149 Spirit (-3) and 169 Haste Rating (-10). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Intellect socket bonus)
    • Stormleather Sash now has 233 Intellect (-20) and 116 Mastery Rating (-20). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Intellect socket bonus)
    • Twilight Scale Chestguard now has 321 Intellect (-20) and 214 Critical strike rating (-20). Now has a Red Socket (+10 Haste Rating socket bonus)

Ink Traders in Stormwind/Orgrimmar in 4.0.6
    Bashiok recently mentioned that Ink Traders will be available in capital cities with Patch 4.0.6. I took the time to check the PTRs and they are now located next to the inscription trainers of Orgrimmar and Stormwind, you no longer have to go to Dalaran to get your precious ink!
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Ink Traders are being added to Stormwind and Orgrimmar in 4.0.6.

Real-life Threats
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    This is a reminder that we take threats made against other players, against our employees, and of self-harm extremely seriously.

We realize that there can be stressful and trying moments in the game or when interacting with others, but there is no acceptable time to go beyond the boundaries of the game and threaten others with real-life harm.

If someone is found to be making a real-life threat, we will report it to the authorities, which could result in real repercussions. If you see anyone making a real-life threat against you, themselves, or others, please report it immediately. To report threatening in-game chat, use the in-game petition system by clicking on the red question mark, or for forum posts, use the thumbs-down button and choose ‘Real-Life Threats.’

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Tol Barad Issues
    I'll try to answer for you what little I can. As I'm sure you've seen, we've made some smaller adjustments to Tol Barad to help some right now, but we know that these changes are just that, minor. That said though, we spent a lot of time developing Tol Barad and want to make sure that it is utilized and enjoyed as originally intended. We are continuing to discuss ways in which we can do this, but it's going to need additional development time. We do have some plans that we'd like to put into play, but I can't enlighten you on what those are as of yet and can only say that they will be done in the future at some point. Unfortunately, I can't give a better time table than that. I know that seems lacking, but Tol Barad is not "out of sight, out of mind for us." (Source)

No LVL 85 Food/Water on Mammoth mount vendors
    The multi-seater mammoths have a very Northrend-specific feel to them, so we don't necessarily want to just straight update their vendors. We like the idea of having mounts with usable vendors in general, though, and are looking into the possibility of adding new ones in the future (ones that would provide higher level food and drinks). There are already a few ideas incubatin', but nothing that we can reveal just yet.

[...] Your gold wasn't spent needlessly. The multi-seater mammoth mounts still have a fast run speed, can hold up to three passengers, and allow nearby players to sell and repair their items. That functionality is available to everyone, regardless of when the mount is or was purchased. (Source)

Cataclysm Questing is too Linear?
    For Cataclysm, we wanted to create more immersion with better storytelling, and we wanted your characters to feel connected to ebb and flow of Azeroth. This was something we hoped to accomplish through a number of mediums including quests.

Overall, we think we were successful in achieving those goals and making the leveling experience more story-driven, but we realize we may not have hit the nail perfectly on the head. For example, we've received a lot of feedback that suggests we made questing a bit too linear this expansion, and we're not in total disagreement. It's cool that your character has a visual impact on the world and can watch as key events unfold, sure, but sometimes it can feel a bit awkward when you're unable to explore content at your own pace because you're still locked to a particular phase. We also hear your concerns about cut-scenes, tradeskill nodes, and the effects phasing has on groups.

We're taking all these criticisms in stride and will be using them to improve the questing experience for future expansions and, to an extent, future patches. When it comes to questing, it's matter of finding a good balance between story and gameplay, and that tightrope can be a hard one to walk. Your feedback keeps us from swaying too far in any one direction, though, so we greatly appreciate threads like this one. Keep it up. (Source)

LFD Tool Long Queue Times
    There's a false perception that we don't want to change things or iterate on things regularly. This is not true. We are always looking at ways to improve the game and the systems within it. Finding the right solution though doesn't always happen as quickly as some would like, and when trying to account for human nature, things get a bit more difficult to predict. We can only provide the tools, see how things go, iterate on them, and see if things improve for you. But, these things take time and there's an awful lot of differing opinions out there.

No one is saying, "This is it, take it or leave it", we're simply saying, "This is our intention. Here's how we designed this to work/play out. Try it out and let us know how it goes."

We're still going to keep pushing to do better, to make things as balanced as possible, and to provide an epic and entertaining gaming experience. We just won't be able to do it overnight.

The Looking For Dungeon queue times are understood to be of issue for some people. If/when we find a better way to get you in to a dungeon quicker, we'll let you know. (Source)

Dungeon Difficulty
    That's a pretty heavily stacked way to ask the question, but I'll see if I can provide a satisfying answer anyway.

As is often the case, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Realistically, I recognize that a lot of the concerns that have been brought to bear address issues beyond dungeon difficulty alone, so, on that basis 'learn2play' isn't a particularly valid argument by itself, no.

Conversely, (and I think this is what those arguments are really getting at) we're coming from an expansion where, through much of its existence, whole swathes of class abilities - crowd control, certain types of heals - went virtually unused. We've gone from there to a place where if a group doesn't use crowd control, or otherwise employs reasonably good play overall, their chance of success dramatically decreases. We want to reward good gameplay, so the tuning on dungeons is less forgiving than it was. Despite that, as average gear quality and know-how increases, it is inevitable that more and more players will have easier and faster runs over all.

On the other hand, maybe things have come too far in the other direction. While we're seeing that player assembled groups have very good success, Dungeon Finder groups are having significant issues. That's something we're planning to address.

The World of Warcraft development team and Blizzard as a whole aren't composed of a single kind of player. We're players of all sorts, we suffer from the same issues (and enjoy the same triumphs) that you guys do. We’re keeping an open mind and taking into account all perspectives as we move into 4.0.6 and beyond. (Source)

THey really need to fix the dungeons difficulty now.. seriously

Hurray for the crafted leather changes

It's a real shame that Blizzard has to remind people not to threaten other players in this game.

edit: something else that's a real shame:

Quote Originally Posted by Haxon View Post
    No they don't. Seriously.

SW ink trader FTW

wth ink trader?

Hurray for no Tol Barad fix, Horde likes it

15+ Year Old Account
    Tol Barad will be fixed at around the same time WG was fixed for wrath. 3 weeks before next expansion.

I got full 346 with a few epics, maybe 3 or 4, mostly crafted stuff and rep stuff, and my guild and I were AoE tanking a lot of the heroics.

Maybe you're just bad? Yeah, gonna go with that.

Cata heroics aren't hard. Seriously.

Crap on the crafted leather! What about the melee crafted leather? Why no love for ferals/rogues, or is this even more nerfing of ferals in a sideways fashion?

Bad blizzard.

pretty dam sick of people saying heroics are hard tbh... if your tank is not geared enough to take all the adds at once, or your healer cant heal through it. CC AS MANY AS YOU NEED! its as simple as casting a damaging spell.

One way they could fix the dungeon queue times, redesign the system to have 1 tank, 1 healer and 4 dps instead of 3, i get that it'd be hard to do, but would go a long way to fixing the system

Deleted
    Dungeon difficulty is fine. It's the players that make them suck sometimes.
    And I cant believe someone is complaining to Blizzard about the dungeon queues. These people have no sense. Remove them from the queue, then the queue time would get shorter.

Statements like this saddens me, because it means eventually Blizzard caves in and listens to it. Dungeons are not too hard, your just too lazy to gear up and know the tactics! Heroics should be hard, theyre heroics for christ sake, but they arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Talismore View Post
    Statements like this saddens me, because it means eventually Blizzard caves in and listens to it. Dungeons are not too hard, your just too lazy to gear up and know the tactics! Heroics should be hard, theyre heroics for christ sake, but they arent.
    Well said.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    I think that "fix" to heroic 5man difficulty many people ask for will be 4.1 patch where you will buy epax gear with badges from 5mans (even normals will drop 30 per boss or so I remmember it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magmaros View Post
    One way they could fix the dungeon queue times
    There is nothing broken about LFD why people doesn't understand that?
    You got 100.000 DPS | 10.000 Healer | 2000 | Tanks in queue how this can be fixed Sherlock?
    Create NPC tanks?

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    There is nothing broken about LFD why people doesn't understand that?
    You got 100.000 DPS | 10.000 Healer | 2000 | Tanks in queue how this can be fixed Sherlock?
    Create NPC tanks?

Whatever.
    are you trying to say that putting an extra DPS into a dungeon wouldn't reduce the queue time, seriously

Are people still Bawwing about the heroics?

Jesus, do you need everything spoonfed to you?

I wish the plate dps belt had a red socket : (