Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    Congratulations, you are the lowest common denominator.

This is pretty damn silly. Heroics were fine. They were challenging for the first couple weeks of the expansion and then became virtually faceroll. Nerfing them further and further is just pointless. It does nothing but trivialize the content and make what's already a kinda boring run through a dungeon even more yawn worthy. We're not that far away from Heroics becoming the roflstomp runs that WotLK had.
    Imagine yourself in a room with four other people for a moment, in this room there is a bomb, ticking down slowly and a manual on how to disarm it. You start to read the manual... When all of the sudden one of the other four people starts speaking in a butchered dialect of your language and rams their face directly into the bomb. You all blow up, and when you wake up your in the same room staring at the same bomb once again. The same four idiots ram their head into the bomb. You leave the room only to find yourself in the same exact room with a different four idiots ramming their head into a different bomb. And you repeat this until god decides to make the bombs 15% harder to blow up with your face.

Would you cry about this too?
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2011-02-04 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    No, but now they can live through it. When before they would just die for being stupid =P. Oh joy, we're back to Wotlk. Hmm before it was Wrath of the Lich Kids, so now it can be the CATAKIDS.
    there is NOT RAID WIDE BUFF IN RAIDS WHY ARE YOU STILL TYPING?
    God, you of all the other little droolers, are the WORST of the sperm pool

Quote Originally Posted by ikeewa View Post
    So wait you like the feeling of you sucking? than finally one day like you said after 2 months of wipes which kind of boggles my mind why you would want such a thing, it clicks in everyone's brain "oh thats right stand over here and i wont die and can still dps" that you downed a boss and feel accomplished? sounds to me that your group is kind of slow. I think your mindset should change to " why am i so bad that i can only down a boss after 2 months of spending time on him...."
    So lets say my guild pulls heroic lich king for the first time and wipe, that means we suck?

Quote Originally Posted by kduv889 View Post
    No no, sorry you've got it wrong. What's pointless is you posting on these changes when you've obviously experienced all of these heroics in the first month when they were actually a challenge.
    If they're so faceroll now then what does that matter to you, are you so bad at getting gear that you can't run heroics with your guild and in that case, are you all too incompetent to down a boss in Raids?
    Because they still give daily valor points and if I'm going to run something every day I'd like to be able to stay awake through it.

Yeah, there are hard Heroics, but none of them are anything a pug group can't handle. Most of my heroic runs are pugs and once you weed out the crappy players it's a cakewalk.

I welcome this change because dungeons barely matter. People who are raiding 10 and 25 man raids (normal or heroic) are the ones who are hardcore. Personally, I like this change because this means I can gear my alts without waiting 40-50 minutes for a dps queue and then get a group that wastes 4 hours trying to down a boss. I once spent 4 hours in Grim Batol in a random group. By the time I finished the dungeon, we had gone through something like 6 tanks, 5 healers, and probably 10 dps. =-/

just give all characters that hit 85 a full set of 349 gear already...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a useful thing indeed and the Cata douches will cry in unison "Not needed". The world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    No, but now they can live through it. When before they would just die for being stupid =P. Oh joy, we're back to Wotlk. Hmm before it was Wrath of the Lich Kids, so now it can be the CATAKIDS.
    Making up phrases like that.....not even real children would be so childish surely?

OT: Again fail to see the problem. You don't pug, it doesn't effect you. You do pug, it helps, but it's hardly game breaking.

From Ghostcrawler:

"...for three or more random players found through the Dungeon Finder is a necessary change.

The intent of Luck of the Draw is to help make up for the lack of coordination, communication, and familiarity that pick up groups suffer relative to organized groups of guild members and friends."

I really don't see the big deal here. If you run in a guild group, or with friends then you already have an advantage over PUGs because you have the coordination, communication, and familiarity that GC was talking about, and that is more of an advantage than a 15% buff.

I think it is more a "leveling" the playing field than anything else. I have run heroics with friends, and I have run heroics in PUGs, and the difference is night and day.

Not to mention that it is for three or more random people. People who don't know each other, and don't have the advantage that a premade group has.

If you don't PUG, this will NOT affect you. If you do PUG, then this helps to offset the disadvantage of grouping with random strangers who may not be able to communicate or coordinate as efficiently as in a premade group. But this will never take the place of proper communication and coordination.

I think it is a good idea.

Deleted
    Pfffh, Its gone like two months and they have already nerfed the HCs by around 25%, counting encounter nerfs, man QQers always win.

And here i was sitting, yesterday, while achieving in a pug (only missing headed south now), thinking, "well after all, the difficulty was everyone dropping from full epics to greens & blues".
    I guess I'll have to get my drake this week if I don't want people to say I waited till it was easy.

hmm at this rate im right ahead of the nerfbat, so any nerfs just make farm content farmier (which im 100% okay with)

you can do normal raids now, blizz. just give me another couple of months with HC content

I am wondering why the "hardcore" group is angry at blizzard for making entry level gear easier to obtain. Shouldn't they be in raids getting 359+ while all the heroic "wrath babies" stay at 346 until the next tier? I just don't understand why the two groups care about each other at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Charagon View Post
    Because they still give daily valor points and if I'm going to run something every day I'd like to be able to stay awake through it.

Yeah, there are hard Heroics, but none of them are anything a pug group can't handle. Most of my heroic runs are pugs and once you weed out the crappy players it's a cakewalk.
    Cata has been out how long now? and the 70 valor points you get from the daily heroic makes THAT much of a difference for you? if you're downing 11/12 normal raid bosses every week you're getting so many valor points that you're probably capped for the next raid tier.

This goes back to the ideal, if you don't have the credentials to talk like your opinion truly is applicable then why are you still typing?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana Angel View Post
    No it's not! It's really not! This is seriously making my blood pressure rise, ugh.

There are still several bosses that have straight-up wipe mechanics if you're not doing your job properly. It will give you an edge on some of the medium-range bosses, and easy bosses will still remain straightforward. Even with a 30% buff I can't heal a tank through Ozruk's stuff, nor can I prevent someone from dying on Slabhide if they sit their arse in a fire bubble, or get a stalagtite on their head.

Wrath in general had a lot less "wipe mechanics". That PLUS the 30% buff is what got folks so far.
    There were tons of wipe mechanics is ICC, Standing in fire +1, Standing in Death and Decay +2, Getting to many marks of the champion or whatever +3, Not stacking for spores +4, Being fail with slimes +5, All of the Professor Putricide fight +6, The shiny orbs and fire orbs on princes +7, The fire on the floor and the blood bolt storm on Blood Queen+8, Most of the Sindragosa fight +9, the only really thing you ever had to watch out for was Defile because yes, if you stood in it you would actually die.

But the queue times still sux0r!

Quote Originally Posted by NomadicGod View Post
    I am wondering why the "hardcore" group is angry at blizzard for making entry level gear easier to obtain. Shouldn't they be in raids getting 359+ while all the heroic "wrath babies" stay at 346 until the next tier? I just don't understand why the two groups care about each other at all.
    What exactly do you think raiders do when they aren't raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by kduv889 View Post
    there is NOT RAID WIDE BUFF IN RAIDS WHY ARE YOU STILL TYPING?
    God, you of all the other little droolers, are the WORST of the sperm pool
    Not everyone raids all day and night =3, I still do heroics sometimes when playing alts/bored/valor points. Stfu please, =3

looooooooooooooooooooool 15%

15% ? so everyone does like 2k dps more... oh my
    http://img3.abload.de/img/kalysigqgll.gif
    (As nice as your signature is, it's too large, sorry )