Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    That's how we get to 30% ICC. There is no coming back after you gave it away. You see how hard it is to get away from the WotLK concept even after 2 months and many geared players/nerfed heroics.
    I am pretty sure Blizz intended for the 30% buff to work the way it did, give a feeling of accomplishment to those guilds that can clear content without the buff, and then gradually make it easier so the majority of the player base can play deeper into the content.

It seems to me that most of the people who want everything to be uber hard all the time know nothing about how a business model works. Go create your own really hard MMO and see if you can get 12 million people to pay you $12-15 per month to play it.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

Current dungeons arent hard atm imo, however i can see how some feel they are. They are a bit too long though, of course when treads like this pop up usually we see a lot of "OMG RANDOMS ARE 15min FACEROLLZ ATM!!", which is funny since i have been pugging them ever since cata and im yet to see that.

Many people are refusing to join guilds and do a lot of solo dungeon queues, maybe this will make their lives easier. If your already facerolling then why would it bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Calling people names doesn't make your fail argument any more valid. =P. Also dude, ever heard of alts? =P
    fail argument based on your prestigious position? think not. Alts or not you're upset over a TRIVIAL buff which will change select situations in a minor way. The assumption that this perspective buff will ruin your experience of getting nothing but entry level iLvl gear for the real endgame - that being the current tier.

Quote Originally Posted by kduv889 View Post
    find a new hobby then kid, doing heroics while you're bored and freaking out about a POTENTIAL buff of 15% to select stats hardly seems like a good use of anyone's time.
    Why are you still calling me names? =| I already told you once calling people names and being generally a rude dude on the forums doesn't make your points any more valid =_=. Also you're arguing with me that I'm freaking out about a buff so that doesn't seem like a good use of your time either...

Quote Originally Posted by neobahamut20 View Post
    That is wrong.

People cancelling accounts win. There must have been a ton of cancels for them to do that. Greg's job security is directly related to "active subscriptions".

There has been 2years of QQ about frost mages from baddies that can't counter them and they've only become stronger since then.
    (if you look at most frost mage QQ, they come from either lvl 1 alts, whom you should ignore or people in greens/pve specs)

The problem in heroics, and raids for that matter, is that Addons are basically required. Trust me when I say that 50% of the players do not even know about addons.
    I wonder how far Paragon would get with the default WoW UI. (meaning no dbm, omen, nothing but mouseover macros and the improved blizz. raid frame)
    Problem as far as they got now.

And believe, they gave up on WotLK model because they had way more accounts frozen than now. Players won't leave a game only when it's hard. They leave when it's too easy. The easier, the faster you get burned out from the game. The faster you "de-attach" from the game and move to others or just feel you don't want to play it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    Umm....Why is anyone surprised? Of course this stuff was going to get easier. Quit qqing about things you should already have been aware of.
    Quit arguing with people who you knew were going to QQ.

Personally after doing the same dungeons over and over again I don't mind at all, but I'm geared up enough at the moment, for other people that still need to gear up will have it much easier ..

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's only a nerf if you pug. In a guild group, you won't get the buff.

It's an amazing solution, in my opinion.

I sure wouldn't have thought of it.
    Amen.
    You have choices now.

85 - 85 - 83 - 42 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80

Deleted
    imo not needed, heroics were only hard bcoz of terrible healers. imo as a resto shaman i just wotlk style trough heroics in 348, its just soo easy already. now its even more easy q.q i loved it

So, they went from the 5% bonus not working for all dungeons... to buffing it to 15%.

Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by klurejr View Post
    I am pretty sure Blizz intended for the 30% buff to work the way it did, give a feeling of accomplishment to those guilds that can clear content without the buff, and then gradually make it easier so the majority of the player base can play deeper into the content.

It seems to me that most of the people who want everything to be uber hard all the time know nothing about how a business model works. Go create your own really hard MMO and see if you can get 12 million people to pay you $12-15 per month to play it.
    Wonder why they tried to move away from that "business model"... looks like killing a raid one month later (and after each month with more % to the point of more than a year with 30% and nothing new) wasn't a success.

Not even blizzard got that 12 million ppl paying per month... peak will be always a peak, players that pay 6 months in advance but leave the game before it expires happens, and really happened.

Deleted
    A pity QQers don't just /quit

12 pages of QQ! As I said...Who cares? If your so uber you'll be raiding and only doing heroics for gold/points NOT for the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    That is how you get to raid wide buffs and nerfs, smart guy.

That's how everything started until we hit the lowest possible gameplay in WotLK. As soon as you start to back away from what you said (in this case, blizzard saying it should be like that and ppl should learn to play like they did in TBC because WotLK was wrong), you won't have any support anymore to get back to it. You cavein to their QQ, now they'll say "see, we're right!" and will start QQing about the next tier in dificult. How do you expect those players will react if the 4.1 heroics (or only heroic, I don't know) is way harder than today's heroics (as they should be, tunned for 346 to 359 geared players)???? They won't want it. How you think Blizzard can say anything about it to support their point of view on the "the next stuff needs to be harder than the previous one" since they alread said they were wrong?

That's when we get to the raids. That's how we get to 30% ICC. There is no coming back after you gave it away. You see how hard it is to get away from the WotLK concept even after 2 months and many geared players/nerfed heroics.

You give it, they learn only that QQ matters and they go for more. Blizzard was doing a fine job on trying to move ppl away from WotLK concept and "QQ to earn gifts", but they just threw all their effort away. Sadly.
    I'm glad you're so confident that you're ahead of blizzard on changes that have not even been made. The amount of assumptions you're making about this Xpac is ridiculous at least.

Blizzard is implementing a pending buff for 4.0.6 which will only effect one aspect of this game and even then it's OPTIONAL so stop acting like you're the Big Brother of WoW and making far-fetched statements about the future state of this Xpac

I think this is great way to compensate for total randomness that PUG can bring. It is not only random people but also random selection of classes, which can majorly screw you if the dice was not on your side. I have been to fair share of LFD groups that had 0 effective CC. This will help random PUGs to be done a bit smoother while it will not change anything for guild or organized groups from trade chat. This is win-win solution for everybody.
    I applaud to Blizzard!

Love all the water cooler hard cores that railed against this change.

You guys are such fun, anonymity of the boards does add epic bravery

10+ Year Old Account
    This is BS. What a terrible excuse to make heroics easier. "In the process of working on this change we actually discovered that the Luck of the Draw buff has not been working in Cataclysm at all, save for a few specific dungeons." Again, BS. Thanks for catering to whiny players again Blizzard.

The kind of people who complain about nerfs to already farmable content are either:

1. People who have established guilds so it wont affect them, but are complaining for the sake of complaining
    2. People who use LFG, have 1-2 hour heroics and most of the time fail, but want to complain to sound like they are tough shit

Im well past the time I need heroics, I dont even need valor points anymore (got my last peice last night) so I really dont care. Plus I always did them in guild runs anyways. I almost wish they would nerf normal raids (keyword: ALMOST), atleast some of the starting fights to make them puggable. It sucks not being able to do anything on my alts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    Let the rain of free gear begin!

It was fun while it lasted, but we all knew blizz would give in to the "OMG dungeons are too hard!" forum QQ'ers in the end. Instead of spending time whining, saying dungeons are too hard, people should use the time to actually learn their rotation and the boss mechanics.

It's not so much the dungeons i care about, but when all the brain-dead casual people that can now get full dungeon heroic gear feel entitled to be able PuG 12/12 in 2 hours, the forums will overflow with QQ once again.

I think this will cause an out of control snow-ball situation of QQ and nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by kduv889 View Post
    fail argument based on your prestigious position? think not. Alts or not you're upset over a TRIVIAL buff which will change select situations in a minor way. The assumption that this perspective buff will ruin your experience of getting nothing but entry level iLvl gear for the real endgame - that being the current tier.
    15% buff is not trivial as we saw in ICC. It will also not change it in a minor way, it's going to change how people run heroics. I'm not saying it's going to ruin my experience, if you actually read my posts instead of taking the smallest thing and then adding your own opinion and calling me a retard or such you might know this, I'm saying that it's stupid for me to feel punished for running with a guild group =P. Make the buff 15% all around or don't have it at all. Also yes this 15% buff is going to make things a lot easier which will take the fun out of the heroics which might ruin my experience with heroics. Which helps me not only gear my alts but also provides me with valor points on my main and also a bit of fun to do once and awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    QQ? My GF works weekends, and goes to school full time and she still finds time to gear up and even do raids with me. And as it is now you only need about 1 hour of free time to do a heroic, if you don't have 1 hour of free time a week you shouldn't be playing wow.
    Not everyone's goal is to raid. Besides, my one hour of free time is also spent on professions, alts, old content, etc. Think before you speak (type).