Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The problem is that most pugs don´t fail because of 15% damage or healing etc.. they fail because the flaming shield 2nd boss in GB kills the healer and 2 dps in the first 5 seconds.... or the healer eats a ´blitz´on the first boss and dies...... or 3 people get insta-killed by the first boss in SC... or the tank gets insta killed on the third boss.... etc.

The number of times I´ve failed at a boss in a pug because of 15% is very low... Pug failures are always an on/off ínstant´situation... they are rarely a grind-down thing.

So, they went from the 5% bonus not working for all dungeons... to buffing it to 15%.

Wait, what?
    I'm with this.

If the 5% buff wasn't working in the first place, why the heck did they feel we need a 15% buff? Don't get me wrong, as someone who has to PUG, I like this strategy. But in my opinion, they should have just fixed the 5% and see how things went.
    Last edited by StalkerX; 2011-02-04 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Why are you still calling me names? =| I already told you once calling people names and being generally a rude dude on the forums doesn't make your points any more valid =_=. Also you're arguing with me that I'm freaking out about a buff so that doesn't seem like a good use of your time either...
    "freaking out" is your words not mine. Your ignorance for two sides of a coin is simply pathetic, for all the reasons which i've already given. Notice that I have reasoning for my statements instead of blindly making assumptions about changes that have not happened yet and do not necessarily mirror changes made in the past while from Xpac to Xpac WoW is evolving and progressing, not degressing, to say so makes you nothing but ignorant and that's not me slinging "rude names" at you that's me being logical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    Like Shezz says, you dont like it, dont PUG. PUG'ing represents some unique challenges, and I think this addresses it well.
    this. if you have a solid group consisting friends/guildies, you will be safe anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    15% buff is not trivial as we saw in ICC. It will also not change it in a minor way, it's going to change how people run heroics. I'm not saying it's going to ruin my experience, if you actually read my posts instead of taking the smallest thing and then adding your own opinion and calling me a retard or such you might know this, I'm saying that it's stupid for me to feel punished for running with a guild group =P. Make the buff 15% all around or don't have it at all. Also yes this 15% buff is going to make things a lot easier which will take the fun out of the heroics which might ruin my experience with heroics. Which helps me not only gear my alts but also provides me with valor points on my main and also a bit of fun to do once and awhile.
    It's just some silly heroic dungeons, get over it already, if you want challenge you know where to find it, and it's in raids.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

From no buff to 15% buff.

No need for it since all heroics are perfectly doable as they are now, but who doesn't want a free 15% dps increase :P

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    A pity QQers don't just /quit

12 pages of QQ! As I said...Who cares? If your so uber you'll be raiding and only doing heroics for gold/points NOT for the challenge
    Or to finish your Glory of the Hero? Or because not everyone burns the entire game on the 1st month? Guess one of the hardest achievements got 10% (or 15% as they want you to believe) easier (or 50%, 10% for each player).

Because some ppl are bad and QQ a lot over the "internetz", you're forced to burn the game faster and faster before they nerf the game down and you don't experience the game as they designed it.

Wonder why ppl think that if a support forum is full of QQ, it would mean that the entire player base is QQ about that. Don't see why ppl would go to a forum (made to get support for problems) to post "gratz for the game, nicely done" tons and tons of time.

It's like going to a company's support forum like ASUS and say "omg, their product sucks hard, check it out, there is only ppl with problems here!" because every single customer without problems needs to go there to post "product XXXXX working as intended, thanks". Ok...

I think that Cataclysm was better than WotLK, but never felt like I should go to their support forum to spam all the topics (or creating new ones) to let them know it so they don't think all their "12 million players think it sucks".

The excuse for increasing it saying that they need to increase it for cataclysm is so damn poor... as if my gear stayed like 264/277 instead of 346+... so that means the next xpac, we should expect something like an extra 15% over their current %? LOL
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2011-02-04 at 06:43 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh...only 10v10's in rated BGs now? I hope they take Twin Peaks out considering how big of an advantage horde have with that map.

/sigh people bitch no matter what blizzard does. "wtf heroics are too hard and they take too long" "omg they ferfed it, they were easy enough already" if bliz did nothing there woulf be "omg bliz yout doing too much of nothing"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Or to finish your Glory of the Hero? Or because not everyone burns the entire game on the 1st month?

Because some ppl are bad and QQ a lot over the "internetz", you're forced to burn the game faster and faster before they nerf the game down and you don't experience the game as they designed it.

Wonder why ppl think that if a support forum is full of QQ, it would mean that the entire player base is QQ about that. Don't see why ppl would go to a forum (made to get support for problems) to post "gratz for the game, nicely done" tons and tons of time.

It's like going to a company's support forum like ASUS and say "omg, their product sucks hard, check it out, there is only ppl with problems here!" because every single customer without problems needs to go there to post "product XXXXX working as intended, thanks". Ok...

I think that Cataclysm was better than WotLK, but never felt like I should go to their support forum to spam all the topics (or creating new ones) to let them know it so they don't think all their "12 million players think it sucks".
    The thing is to support all kinds of gameplays, PvE, PvP, Casuals, Hardcore.

If you got a problem with it, whatya going to do about it? Make 100threads that you dont want heroics to be "nerfed", because that makes you a better person aye?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

If there is honestly that many people failing in heroics.

They should be sticking to Normals.

Deleted
    What was it again?

Don't pug lulz get a guilld!
    Stop QQing and quit!

Hurts, doesn't it wannabe hardcores?

People will be going MAN I PULL 12k DPS in HEROICS.

and then pull 9k in 10 mans and wonder what the problem is.

Never will they realize they are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    The "casuals" make up like 95% of the players. They pay 95% of the subscriptions. Should they not be allowed to play endgame?

Like I've said time and again... if you're so hardcore, go heroic raid, or 3 man heroics etc.

Since when have heroics ever been "endgame content"? And as far as "not seeing the content"- I don't think that means what you think it does. You can see the content. You see it on the way to 85. If you don't like the difficulty, don't run it on heroic. This is not BC, where alot of guilds (and therefore players) would never, ever run the Sunwell, or get to experience the story and bosses within. THAT is not seeing content.

And I don't buy your shit about heroic raiding. As soon as heroics are nerfed into being Sleepwalks-for-Deathknights-with-spellpower-gear, you're going to be crying about the raids. Because just like the dungeons, you won't care that you got to run the normal raid- you'll want to be able to run the heroic raid. Because this isn't about endgame, or content. It's about you equating gear with e-peen. There's nothing in that heroic dungeon for you except A. Greater challenge, and B. Oooh, Gear. And ya don't want "A".

10+ Year Old Account
    heroics were fine, they were actually fun and challenging for once. though i do understand the frustration for dps. wait 40 min just to get into a group of fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    The thing is to support all kinds of gameplays, PvE, PvP, Casuals, Hardcore.

If you got a problem with it, whatya going to do about it? Make 100threads that you dont want heroics to be "nerfed", because that makes you a better person aye?
    That's why you get Normal 5, Heroic 5, Normal 10 (or 25 as they like to say) and Heroic 10/25. Capitche?

That's why you'll get 359 gear from justice points in April, that's why you'll get 359 gear from the next batch of heroics.... and the list can go over and over.

This is only to support the bad kind of gameplay, not casuals, hardcore, pve, pvp...

lol at people crying about heroic nerfs.

cataclysm heroics were so hard before the nerfs, amirite? that will affect raiding so much! omg free blues for everyone! now they can go for h nef! get real kids. heroics are faceroll and they will always be. you want to get challenged? do cata raids and stop crying about 5-mans.

thanks blizzard for the buff. it is annoying being stuck with baddies for one hour just to get 70vp.

15% buff is not trivial as we saw in ICC. It will also not change it in a minor way, it's going to change how people run heroics. I'm not saying it's going to ruin my experience, if you actually read my posts instead of taking the smallest thing and then adding your own opinion and calling me a retard or such you might know this, I'm saying that it's stupid for me to feel punished for running with a guild group =P. Make the buff 15% all around or don't have it at all. Also yes this 15% buff is going to make things a lot easier which will take the fun out of the heroics which might ruin my experience with heroics. Which helps me not only gear my alts but also provides me with valor points on my main and also a bit of fun to do once and awhile.
    1. yes it was not trivial in ICC but the boss mechanics were also different and allowed players to exploit the instance wide buff by standing in certain mechanics etc.
    2.the fact that this change is completely and inarguably optionial DOES change it in a minor way.
    3. it's fair to infer that you're saying that this optional change would affect and even ruin your Experience based on you being "bored" and your "alt" situation.
    4. "retard" is completely your perception not mine.
    5. it would be stupid to be punished for running with a guild group, good thing you get a 0% buff for running with one. herp derp.
    6. why does this perspective buff have to be all or nothing, all that would do is justify all the QQers in this thread saying that heroics are being "nerfed" retuning bosses does not constitute calling them nerfs.
    7. "I'm not saying it's going to ruin my experience..." - "yes this 15% buff is going to make things a lot easier which will take the fun out of the heroics which might ruin my experience with heroics." Choose one...
    8. "Which helps me not only gear my alts but also provides me with valor points on my main and also a bit of fun to do once and awhile." then this buff does nothing but increase the productivity you will achieve with PuGs. When you've played the PTR with this perspective change then tell me that it's not fun anymore.

I don't understand why people are complaining. Chances are you're already out-gearing the heroics and they're already not a challenge. You're complaining that the game will be easier for other people who aren't you. Why do you even care?

Heroics are faceroll with people you know. Guild, friends, people you trust they will not fuck up and act beyond their duty. Shadowpriests healing when the healer died, fury tanking the last 10%, dks using death grip helping the tank and priests using leap of faith to get you out of something bad. The rare occasions bad thinks happen. People that will take close to zero avoidable damage. Healers that keep the party up easily and ned mana break only before boss. Yes then heroics are faceroll. Guess what? this 15% buff wont apply to full premade groups.

Now lets see the other aspect. Pugs. yea most pugs are decent and dont fuck up a lot. But sometimes youg et to those groups. The groups that dont know what cc is. The stam stacking tank who thinks that hp=epeens. The healer that thinks is smart idea to "help" with dps(disco priest excluded) and then is oom. Low dps even full heroic geared(i am light on some occasions on this). People standing on fires expecting the healer to heal throught their 50k damage from bombs. Nuking the mark for poly, even thought noone tried to cc that mob. Yea that groups that makes you to go away from LFD for the rest of the day. With that buff, i will have more patience with those groups. More hopes for success. More will to explain them stuff.

Was the buff needed? Not at all. Is is helpful? Hell yea. LFD groups will be smoother. Lowering the requirements for tanks resulting into more peole into tanking as offspec or even main spec resulting into *drums sound* less queue time for dps! At the end , casual players that log for some time to relax have the right to do a couple heroics and improve. No need to drive them off WoW.

What bothers me more is when wannabe elitists whine about those changes. You had your close to TBC difficulty. But if you are so good to faceroll heroics why you mind if casuals have some fun? You want everyone to need 5 hours a day to play this game? Cant people have fun loging for 2 raids a week and beside this 1 hour a day? If you are so pro why dont you look yourself and flip the switch to heroic raid mode?
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".