Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    His char is only level 81 http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...biscuit/simple

I would expect from him at least full HC gear.. How can he comment on difficulty of Heroic and Raids when he dont have level for them?
    Also how can he say that WotLK was easy when he didnt kill any raid bosses on HC?
    Who cares anyways ? His comments about the content during beta already showed that he didn't have the experience to judge it correctly. He's a commentator, his job is to make people enjoy the videos, not to be correct. Just like basically everyone trying to make a career out of this whole internet video thing, he's just trying to entertain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares42 View Post
    Who cares anyways ? His comments about the content during beta already showed that he didn't have the experience to judge it correctly. He's a commentator, his job is to make people enjoy the videos, not to be correct. Just like basically everyone trying to make a career out of this whole internet video thing, he's just trying to entertain.
    inb4 Totalbiscuits rage post

Having played a major part towards showing people the new content, and being on air for some 7 (more?) years, I think he has plenty of experience
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post

Having played a major part towards showing people the new content, and being on air for some 7 (more?) years, I think he has plenty of experience
    ye, because he was so on spot with his "heroics are hard again" tirade ? Seriously, the expansion has been out for 2 months and I can heal through a heroic without using CC, never drinking, and not still not go below 50% mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post

Waiting for it... waiting for it... have to spam F5 faster...

Probably playing Minecraft.

Deleted
    ye, because he was so on spot with his "heroics are hard again" tirade ? Seriously, the expansion has been out for 2 months and I can heal through a heroic without using CC, never drinking, and not still not go below 50% mana.
    You do realise how nerfed heroics are compared to the beta right... oh wait it's the internet and talking about dumb shit you have no clue about is great.

Well I was entertained, so mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

personally though I agree with him. I've had massive fps drops for no apparently reason. I have a very nice system that will run more graphically intense games without any kind of problem. If you can honestly say you haven't every experienced it, then you are very lucky. Many of us have, and for no reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huge sweeping nerfs took place to heroics in the last phase of the beta.

And judging by the posts on these forums and the recent changes to heroics... I'd say the general populace that takes 10 seconds to press tab and taunt a mob, if they even have taunt bound, has massive issues with heroics.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    SLI in WoW just isn't there. Never has been, probably never will be since there's no reason to. If your computer is so good, and i have no reason to believe it isn't, then there really should be no issue recording (at least if you're recording to a seperate drive). Since SSD write speeds are generally comparable to a HDD write speed (while an SSD read is much higher), and HDD's are much higher capacity, it means that you can dedicate a high capacity drive purely to footage and as long as you maintain your footage collection, it'll be a long time before you fill it out.

It may not scale well, but it does run competently on most hardware, with the exception of Shadows. I've personally had no problems FRAPSing from any game, be it WoW, SC2, or other at 1080p at 45FPS. I'm gonna really roll with it being some sort of issue with your system. If you're having real issues, make sure you're not recording to a RAID array, as there's a few chipsets out there that suffer immensly under those sort of circumstances (i believe i had a similar issue on a JMicron JMB363 controller on an old board).
    I somehow doubt it's a system issue, unless that issue has carried across 2 seperate, completely different systems with literally none of the same hardware. It's not even a discussion as to whether or not the game is well optimised because it isn't, that's a simply fact. SLI is already disabled on WoW because it scales negatively. The game has issues recording with FRAPs, it's as simple as that, issues that do not seem to exist in any other title that I've played and regularly recorded.

This is fairly irrelevant subjective opinion and rarely if ever specifically points out a time in which I was actually incorrect. The criticism usually comes from people who rolled in Wrath and don't know what C'thun, Kaelthas, Illidan etc actually are, so it's a little difficult to take seriously. You would think that if I were as incorrect as some people seem to claim, they'd have no problem citing examples of it, but that never actually happens, so either those examples don't exist or some people are terrible at debating/trolling.

As other posters, including an MMOC moderator have so accurately pointed out, heroics were nerfed before launch and continue to get nerfed. If you were not in the beta, you have literally no idea how difficult they actually were at the time and this is not just me talking, these were well-respected, experienced figures of the community whose word carries weight. Assuming that the game you are playing now is identical to the game we played in beta is ridiculous.
    Last edited by TotalBiscuit; 2011-02-04 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AshestoAsh View Post
    ^ this
    /end thread
    Your comment adds nothing to this thread. Besides the fact that Aiushtha made a terrible pair of analogies that lead to a horrible and completely ignorant conclusion. Don't muddy up these forums please.

I like TotalBiscuit's Starcraft 2 commentary more than anything else he does so long as he keeps Shoutcraft churning out I love him dearly.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadwixx View Post
    PTR. At least thats where his vids are from. Ptr = full gear, free pots etc. It would be hard to grind after getting all those perks.
    This^

I'm not going to jump into the little argument on whether that's his main or not, or if he just doesn't have time to play or whatever.

All I'm going to say is he has done the bosses on the Beta, and most likely the PTR too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Deleted
    Why do people constantly feel like they have to attack TB?(not Tol Barad, TotalBiscuit... attacking Tol Barad actually makes a lot of sense... unless you are defending... in which case attacking Tol Barad would be the stupidest move you can make...)

Like he has to justify everything he does. I mean, honestly, what is it this guy has done wrong?

I guess he grew up, went to the nicer games called SC2.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    As other posters, including an MMOC moderator have so accurately pointed out, heroics were nerfed before launch and continue to get nerfed. If you were not in the beta, you have literally no idea how difficult they actually were at the time and this is not just me talking, these were well-respected, experienced figures of the community whose word carries weight. Assuming that the game you are playing now is identical to the game we played in beta is ridiculous.
    Well, we've had this quarrel before :P and just as I said then, I've been in betas since vanilla. I completely understand that you thought the content was hard during beta, but as I've said before, wait a few months and it'll be exactly like wrath heroics again. If you're feeling nostalgic, just check out the comments on your Beta Grim Batol video, page 5.

You can keep on saying you have tons of experience and sources but the fact still remains that you didn't exactly come to the right conclusions, basically proving that you, to qoute myself, "didn't have the experience to judge it correctly". It's sorta like SC2, you can think you're really good and have played alot, and then you listen to Day9 and you realize you don't know jack shit.
    Last edited by Ares42; 2011-02-04 at 11:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Your comment adds nothing to this thread. Besides the fact that Aiushtha made a terrible pair of analogies that lead to a horrible and completely ignorant conclusion. Don't muddy up these forums please.

I like TotalBiscuit's Starcraft 2 commentary more than anything else he does so long as he keeps Shoutcraft churning out I love him dearly.
    Just answered the question in the same manner.

Why is it of such importance if he has killed them or not? Like said before, he mostly cover the philosophical and ethical aspect of the game, not the sheer tactical part. He doesent do guides, he just makes videos that people watch. If you dont like it - thumb it down and stop watching. He is the only person on youtube who i have seen who actually doesent whore out just to get thumbs up.

Oh, and being able to heal after 2 months in cataclysm with no CC is not anything special. What makes a dungeon difficult? Not the actual boss mechanics, becouse they are still fairly common sense. What makes a boss difficult, is not knowing what to expect and how to react to it. Wrath dungeons were hard at start as well. Loken anyone?

Totalbiscuit does some amazing work, I remember back when I first watched his 'tales of the gold farmer' videos, very funny and witty. Sadly the WoW community is absolute bollocks and it's a shame he's having to hide from the creeps now. I just hope he keeps up his work, don't let the mindless masses discourage you! Keep bringing us your wit and humor that us fans so kindly remember!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha View Post
    Wrath dungeons were hard at start as well. Loken anyone?
    They weren't period. Loken was never hard. In order to do loken even at the start of wrath it took the skill to run of out of the lightning and the ability to read Recount or Skada or any damage meter and realise that the melee are taking less damage from the lightning than the ranged. It wasn't the easiest fight ever, but it wasn't hard (though it was harder than most of the raid content). What makes a fight TRUELY hard is the complexity of the mechanics and sheer difficulty in executing them. You may know heroic Halfus but, it's still not an easy fight.

I don't know who this person is

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    This mostly covers the issue.
    Haha! I win!

All jokes aside though, the execution of wrath dungeon tactics is NOT hard. Same could be said about ANY PvE dungeon content, but even when the damage the bosses did mattered, the only thing people were wiping on were tanks dying (remember the fuss it was getting 540 def in 2008?) and Loken was the only "hard" boss because a paladin couldn't heal him (which were OP at the time so everyone and their mother played one).
    I had troubles first time I did UP as well, but that was because I was dying to the boss hits. Not because we couldn't figure out a tactic to some elaborate chain of boss mechanics like in Cata.

All in all, this thread has strayed WAAAY off it's path and TBH maybe it's not a good idea for TB to be commenting on this as this seems like the mis-informed QQ he shut down his comment section for.