Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't understand why everyone loves Totalbiscuit anyway. He was only able to do the content that he did because of the free gear on the PTR, he was never really good back in WotLK, and should never have made guides in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedoso View Post
    I don't understand why everyone loves Totalbiscuit anyway. He was only able to do the content that he did because of the free gear on the PTR, he was never really good back in WotLK, and should never have made guides in the first place.
    Dude. Wtf? Hes RIGHT here. XD Not cool.

He isnt mainly a WoW player, if you've kept up with his videos he does commentary on many MMOs. He does run Azeroth Daily, but it's just bringing in news every now and then. We cant expect the same amount of content from him like it was during Cata Beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which bit of "NON-DISCLOSURE" are people not understanding? Amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post

Pretty much this, which is standard practice in video-game development. The games that lock out harder difficulties are in the minority and it's bad development practice to do so anyway.
    Especially when you farm for 6 raid lockouts (weeks) to finally get into heroics. Personally, Heroic modes for raids ruined it for me, okay, i cleared the easier content, NOW I GOTTA GO BACK, its just like those quest where they send you BACK and FORTH forever. Me, like TB, think TBC raiding was the best raiding, and just because we THINK doesnt make it a proven FACT, i liked them in the fact that it was engaging content, even if we did have to repeat it, and it wasnt a huge grind (actually it was, but, the bosses had MECHANICS, for example, Kael'Thas says hi) so therefore, it was a skilled grind, unlike today where it is dont stand in X, but stand in Y to get buff Z, and dps in this amount of time.

Also, my old account that had my shammy (troll, TB "trollfist") is now deleted because i canceled it for IRl reasons, but when i came back i forgot my pw

Sorry what? We were given the bare minimum gear required to do the content. The chances are, you have better gear than we got. We did heroics in 333, not in epics, we did them pre-nerf, so how does your accusation make any sense.

I was only able to do the content because it was harder than it is now? Huh...? *Insert picture of Psyduck looking confused here*

Congratulations on your foolish ideas that:
    1) gear>skill&coordination
    2) you are capable of judging a person's skill at a game based on what they have done in one small fraction of their time
    3) you can clearly make better guides, as TB is not worthy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you people care so much about a man's WoW character? WHHHHHHY?

You where posting raid guides, when it was during the free T11 content test of the beta. And oh yea, I forgot that when Cata went live I had better gear than the 333's, oh wait I started doing them at the ilvl of 329, don't act 5 mans are hard, they aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry what? We were given the bare minimum gear required to do the content. The chances are, you have better gear than we got. We did heroics in 333, not in epics, we did them pre-nerf, so how does your accusation make any sense.

I was only able to do the content because it was harder than it is now? Huh...? *Insert picture of Psyduck looking confused here*
    i still laugh at the reg GB vid,, "Here the boss has a dot, the debuff says 5k, its supposed to be 10k, but instead its 30k"
    us noobs, we get it easy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVG-G0UFUcs

Still the best video of his. Did this a week after cata released (no one knew fight) and it was just as exciting as the video shows

15+ Year Old Account
    And for people who don't know what TB's avatar is, it's an old photo of Princess Anne watching her horse come in 4th at Cheltenham. She'd had £20 on it each way. That's a G&T she's holding.

You where posting raid guides, when it was during the free T11 content test of the beta. And oh yea, I forgot that when Cata went live I had better gear than the 333's, oh wait I started doing them at the ilvl of 329, don't act 5 mans are hard, they aren't.
    Learn to read, come back here, read the entire thread, think for a while, and then post again.

TotalBiscuit played in Beta, why do we need him to literally play the same content again, except that the content is beated a bunch with the Nerf Hammer, and that fish was dumped on top of it...

10+ Year Old Account
    as he SPECIFICALLY stated, 5 mans were actually harder during beta, they were nerfed upon release

Congratulations, you did content post-nerf. What's your point? And don't claim it's me imagining things, a bunch of people including MMOCs Raids and Dungeons moderator (who I assume knows his/her shit on the matter) have also confirmed the heroics were nerfed before Cataclysm launch.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    My trademark is my cynical honesty. Some people mistake this as ill behaviour, they're usually very easily offended people.

And here we have a bunch of ridiculous assertions with no basis in fact. Are you a psychologist now or a mindreader? I fucking love my work and am immensely proud of what I've accomplished, nor do I hate you because I don't know you and I don't actually care about you as a person.

But whatever, keep making blind assertions I guess, that's generally the way to derail a discussion into emotional bickering, a'la WoW General.

For your information, NDA = Non Disclosure Agreement, a legally binding contract which stipulates I cannot reveal my income, amongst other things. If I tell you, I risk getting not only fired, but also sued for breach of contract.
    And when people that don't know you, that don't understand you, are confronted with such a behavior, they think you're an ill-mannered bastard. That's normal, because if someone came up to me and was as rude as you can be, to my face, who knows what might happen.

Ofcourse I make assumptions, I know nothing about you. But from readign what you've written, you seem to hate this game, and you "take this bullshit". I wouldn't call that enjoying your work.

I'm sorry you get so upset over absolutely nothing on the internet from some guy, as you said yourself. I can't do anything when I have nothing to work with.

I find this "I don't care" attitude confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations, you did content post-nerf. What's your point? And don't claim it's me imagining things, a bunch of people including MMOCs Raids and Dungeons moderator (who I assume knows his/her shit on the matter) have also confirmed the heroics were nerfed before Cataclysm launch.
    TB, reading nowadays is a lost art, most people do, but some dont

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to untuned beta content you mean?

Who exactly are you saying is causing derailing arguments?

Heroics are nerfed. So what? I'm shocked at how some people want to impose their ideas on others, even though the content obviously works for several million people.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    For one most 258 BiS items were better than lots of 264 (Wow, you mean ilvl doesn't have to do with gear quality? who knew?). And the fact they killed him as soon as the 5% buff came out (or damn near to it) proves that the mechanics weren't hard simply that the numbers were hard. Or did they suddenly become better because of that 5% buff.
    That may be the case with a few items, such as H-Deaths Verdict. But it certainly was not the case with all of the 258ilvl pieces. Just because something has a socket doesn't always mean its better. 264 gear was almost always superior.

Have you actually even attempted H-LK25? The mechanics were quite difficult, and quite different in every phase of the fight from its normal mode. And congratulations, you figured out numbers are what determine much of a boss's difficulty.

Really, everything you say just makes me believe you didn't even touch heroic content. You didn't even understand that raid gating had guilds so geared up by the time you could actually fight LK, you obviously weren't at the forefront of progression.