Working on Enhance

Long time reader, first time posting.

I am currently working on my enhance shaman us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/earthbringer/advanced

All of BC and Wrath I was either Elemental or Resto. I'm really enjoying the shaman class atm despite how much I hear we are currently one of the worst classes.

Basically I want to make sure what I am doing as far as reforging/geming/gearing is correct.

This toon is currently my alt, however I am sick of tanking on my Paladin and, like I said, I really enjoy shamans right now.

I just spent about 2 hours redoing my gear to hit the exp soft cap and the spell hit cap without killing every other stat. Just picked up Fluid Death to help with that, however I have Unheeded Warning in the bank.

I have just about every enhance heroic drop and all the Justice Point gear. Fluid Death was the first Valor Point item I purchased on him.

Any input as to what I am doing right or what I need to change would be great.

Deleted
    Nothing major to complain about, but as a rule gemming for as much agility as possible is suggested. You have quite a bit of mastery, expertise and hit gems. I suggest you reforge mastery on items that only have mastery and hit/expertise on them into hit/expertise (whichever is not on the item) and gem for agility instead (or agi/mastery, agi/hit if you feel like the socet bonus is worth it).

Also at this level spellpower mainhand would probably pull ahead in raid situations (mainy focusing on having the 10% spellpower buff from elemental shamans and demo warlocks). This might change with the soon upcoming patch however. And obviously simming your own results is the way to go when you're really serious about min-maxing for a raid environment.

Deleted
    I dunno really but for max single target dps u need(?) 2p in call of flame, and max imp.shields with no points in reverberation and only 1 point in elemental prec.

And i think glyph of feral spirit is stronger then windfury. Other than that it looks good for my nooby eyes

Gem Agi.
    Reforge as much Crit and haste to hit and expertize. When expertize and hit capped, reforge crit and haste to mastery.
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Krutsik View Post
    Nothing major to complain about, but as a rule gemming for as much agility as possible is suggested. You have quite a bit of mastery, expertise and hit gems. I suggest you reforge mastery on items that only have mastery and hit/expertise on them into hit/expertise (whichever is not on the item) and gem for agility instead (or agi/mastery, agi/hit if you feel like the socet bonus is worth it).
    It looks like he's trying to meet the meta requirement, in which case he has to cut back on red gems. Once the patch goes live, and the meta requirements change all gem slots should be Agility > Agi/Mast > Agi/Hit.

Also, you should never reforge out of mastery. Itemizing properly and reforging haste/crit should give you plenty of hit/expertise to cap once you're at full 346 or better.

TC: I would recommend you lose the Cyclone for a heroic Tia's Grace. Purple isn't always better. You basically trade the crit rating in for a static 285 mastery and some extra agi. You could also get a Darkmoon Hurricane if you have the cash (which is better than Tia's).
    Last edited by Aertea; 2011-02-05 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    It looks like he's trying to meet the meta requirement, in which case he has to cut back on red gems. Once the patch goes live, and the meta requirements change all gem slots should be Agility > Agi/Mast > Agi/Hit.

Also, you should never reforge out of mastery. Itemizing properly and reforging haste/crit should give you plenty of hit/expertise to cap once you're at full 346 or better.

TC: I would recommend you lose the Cyclone for a heroic Tia's Grace. You basically trade the crit rating in for good amount of static 285 mastery and some extra agi.
    This, pretty much. Tia's Grace or, if you can afford it, the Darkmoon Card are pretty nice compared to Cyclone, which procs for a subpar stat.

Also, your talents are a little wrong. You should always have Call of Flame, and either Reverb or Elemental Precision (take a point out of Acuity if you want to max this out, I believe it ends up being slightly better). Imp shields is never worth maxing out, it's an incredibly terrible talent, but it's your only option for filler (Unless you like your AoE being slightly less crappy).

You should also consider spending valour points on T11. The two-piece set bonus is incredible.
    Let our enemies know that havoc calls and that with its song comes their end.

I'm amazed at all of the false information being posted here.

If you're going to put a point in Elemental Precision, you take the point out of Concussion. Acuity is better than Concussion.
    Max out Call of Flame by taking 1 of your points out of Elemental Precision and the other point out of Concussion.
    There is nothing wrong with Reverberation and you do not need Imp Shields for max dps.

You should be using Avalanche on your weapons, not Hurricane. You should have Landslide on your offhand, but that's another story.

+22 Agility (WOTLK enchant) is better than +50 Crit rating on your cloak.

You should not be gemming Hit/Expertise, especially when you have un-reforged Haste on your bracers and un-reforged Crit on your belt.

Glyph of Feral Spirit is better than Glyph of Windfury Weapon. (Subject to change come the patch, unsure.)

You're slightly under Hit cap (1742) and slightly over Expertise cap (541) and with reforging, it's quite easy to obtain numbers closer to the actual caps if you take your time when you reforge.

And don't listen to people telling you to use a spellpower mainhand. The patch is in 3 days.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 2011-02-05 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    I set up a quick chardev profile for your character here showing how'd I go about the reforging, gemming, enchanting, talents and glyphs for your Shaman. You're losing about 0.7 Mastery, 0.6% Crit, 0.04% Hit (takes you very slightly under the cap), however you are much closer to the Expertise cap though and you gain 550~ Attack Power, about 200 Agility and 350 Spellpower amongst other stats.

I'd advise trying to get your hands on Mouth of the Earth from Halls of Origination heroic, it'll give you much more wiggle room on your gear with the extra +112 Hit and +112 Expertise, so you could then reforge a couple of things to Mastery and enchanting your boots from +50 Hit into +35 Agility. I'd also look into picking up Tia's Grace from the Lost City heroic, as I believe it's better than Essence of the Cyclone... although probably not by loads, optional I guess.

Rest of my advise is just going to duplicate what others have said so I'll not bother with that

10+ Year Old Account
    fluid death and tia's grace is a nice combo as the agility procs stacking giving you a constant 780 agility iirc (could be a bif off here), tia's grace is beaten later on due to already having plenty of mastery by the damage of the proc of DMC: hurricane.
    Personally that combo came out higher then cyclone which i have banked.

On glyphs everything has been said, minus that there's a realstic chance that with FT nerf and WF buff, glyph of WF will be beter then Feral spirit.

When gemming use rawr ep values don't just assume a socket is worth it.