Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Just my luck makes it as the last post on page 5, which no one will EVER see. Sorry, but I feel like this info should get out there. Reposting...

I don't think people understand that pokemon hasn't really changed from the red and blue days. There is just a lot more to do than collect them all and become the best there ever was. There are pokemon contests (try to make your pokemon more impressive than others using the right moves), mining (find fossils, items, etc), very deep breeding system, and there is an incredibly deep competitive side to pokemon as well, possibly deeper than WoW in some ways. It seems a lot of people just think pokemon is a kids game, but why do you think there are 40 year old men in Japan playing this game?

Go HERE and find out why

Also, here's a link to show you what you can do if you learn the mechanics of the game

Magikarp VS. Legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Ganonn View Post
    Really? A shame! Ruby and Sapphire weren't all that awesome, but Diamond and Pearl are wayyyyy up there on the charts. If anything, at least play Diamond, it's actually very good in comparison to the original.
    I may pick the series back up. I've been needing something to fill that free time I have when I'm out and about. I was in love with Pokemon until ruby and sapphire. If what you folks are saying is true, I suppose I just allowed one bad game to break the series for me. Perhaps I didn't give it a fair shake.

Now I just need to find some money and get my hands on a copy of any given post-ruby/sapphire-era pokemon game.

...and I should probably get a gameboy too.
    Enforce proper spelling and grammar!

Pokemon Crystal.

'nuff said.

http://serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Every generation has had stupid pokemon. I never understood the sentiment that after the original 151 it just went downhill.

Played and "finished" White. It was pretty enjoyable.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Unfortunately, I care too much about stats to get into this game. It seems this generation is bogged down with too many sub-500 stat totals to compare to previous generations. Stats spread too evenly, there's like six different Pokemon with sub-40 speed stats, all of the Legendaries have wasted points in either attack or special attack.

It seems nice and there's a lot of really interesting type combinations, but I worry that too many Pokemon are inferior to previous generations. I was looking through the trainers, and it seems the way to add "difficulty" is to have enemies use the superior Pokemon from previous generations.

Case in point: every trainer of the Elite Four (first round) uses four new (Black and White) Pokemon. During round two, they retain those four, but add two awesome Pokemon from previous games. And that makes it harder. Not because now it's 6v6 as opposed to 4v6, but because the two added have superior movesets, abilities, and stat totals.

I'll still probably get it if the price is decent/I can convince my boyfriend to join me, but as of this moment, I'm thinking I can survive without it (as opposed to HeartGold/SoulSilver, which we both pre-ordered and picked up at midnight).

Pokemon white! The black pokemon looks a lot better imo.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably going to wait until they release the Gen V secondary version (IE Crystal, Emerald, Platinum)

Out of all of the pokemon I've seen, my favorite has to be Cobalon, one of the new legendary dogs. Although none of the pokemon I've seen so far have moved Blaziken from its spot as my #1 favorite.

I would probably have gotten White by now to get Victini if I didn't have an action replay to get the event pokemon. Don't worry, I only use it for that. Well, that and running as fast as a bike.

Deleted
    Well i'll be getting Pokemon White seems i have Black in JP already so i can trade any of the "harder" to get pokemon i'll be needing inc Zoroak thanks to the latest Wifi event