Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaros View Post
    Here's a good read for all you WoW clone, copy/paste screamers.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...ince-2001.html
    The trolls have built up an immunity against logic and reasoning, while the article is a good read, it won't change anything.

To many (unfortunately), WoW = 1st MMO ever, thus, everything other MMO out there ripped off WoW....even if it was released years before WoW...

I especially love the people claiming the total game looks like WoW. These people never played another MMO at all. When I first saw RIFT's graphics, my first thought was, "Wow, it's as if the graphics of LoTR Online and WAR online mated and had an MMO baby...".

Quote Originally Posted by insaneperson View Post
    The truth is, if there was a mass exodus over a particular issue, <company X> would either adapt or go under.

The reality (when it comes to Blizzard and WOW) is that the rest of us who aren't whiners wont miss you.
    The whole thing about a certain video game being a WoW killer, its quite impossible. This is due to the fact, that WoW tries to cater to everyone, we all know that, and that is WoWs biggest problem. WoW started out attacting all the hard core MMO gamers, then slowly developed into trying to attract their kids and wives and gfs and what not. It is at this stage in their game, that the hard core gamers are just plain sick of it. I dont know a single hard core gamer that still enjoys wow, except for maybe the occasional raiding. But its because WoW is trying to do it all. Which is fine, because for now, its the only real successful MMO. Now, with that said, the reason so many people keep leaving WoW and going to AoC or Aion or now Rift, is because the hard core gamers are trying to find a game where they dont have to deal with your poor mannered kid, or your girlfriend trolling the trade channel all day, or your idiot nephew that puts everyone of his talent points into one talent tree. So far, a game hasnt come along that suits these players. But eventually one will. And when it does, it still wont kill wow, cause all the immature people (about 70% of WoWs customers at this point) will still be in Azeroth.

And I am pleased to tell you insaneperson, that the avid gamers that will eventually leave WoW for another great MMO, will not miss you either, nor your cry baby, need to have all their gear just handed to them friends. Because I am sick and tired of your little boyfriends re-rolling, getting max level, and in 2 weeks they have good enough gear to raid with the people that have been raiding since the xpac came out. You think WoW is so great, you are a poorly misinformed person, and you wouldnt know a real game if it bit you in the
    Last edited by Meudi; 2011-02-10 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the hate at all. If (and I said IF) Rift happened to take like 3 million subscribers from WoW, the first response from WoW would be to make the game better. There is zero downside for WoW if Rift is actually successful. It's just because this is the internet and people like getting off by saying stupid stuff like "See you in a month" instead of actually using their brain.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    The trolls have built up an immunity against logic and reasoning, while the article is a good read, it won't change anything.

To many (unfortunately), WoW = 1st MMO ever, thus, everything other MMO out there ripped off WoW....even if it was released years before WoW...

I especially love the people claiming the total game looks like WoW. These people never played another MMO at all. When I first saw RIFT's graphics, my first thought was, "Wow, it's as if the graphics of LoTR Online and WAR online mated and had an MMO baby...".
    I had almost the same thought, except, imo, the graphics and a lot of the ideas are from Aion, whatever wasnt from Aion is pretty much just EQ and War mixed. I think we can take LoTR out of the picture here. its pretty much just Aion, with a little EQ and Warhammer. Granted way better then all 3 of those games. But still, like a game triangle love child

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    I don't understand the hate at all. If (and I said IF) Rift happened to take like 3 million subscribers from WoW, the first response from WoW would be to make the game better. There is zero downside for WoW if Rift is actually successful. It's just because this is the internet and people like getting off by saying stupid stuff like "See you in a month" instead of actually using their brain.
    You are acctually mistaken sir. Customers have been taken from WoW for over a month several times: the launch of Warhammer, the launch of Age of Connan, the launch of Aion. In everyone of these situations, WoW didnt change anything. They didnt have to. They lost what 2-3 million customers, who cares, they have 9 million more. Rift could take half of Blizzards customers, and guess what, they would change nothing. Not to mention WoW is what 6ish years old now. They arent going to care if it goes under at this point. Not with Diablo 3 set to release soon anyways.

I will say this though, you see it in every single MMO, if enough people grow the balls to leave WoW, you will see your precious game become free to play per month. No other game has charged their customers to play as long as WoW has. And the only reason they still get away with it, is because people are still stupid enough to keep paying them to play it. If everyone would stop playing it for 2-3 months, it would be free.
    Last edited by Meudi; 2011-02-10 at 04:27 AM.

Ok news flash for all you WoWtards. "IT DID NOT COME OUT FIRST!!" WoW is the first to establish itself very well in the sense that it has 12 million people playing it, or is that 1.2 million people with 10 toons, whatever. WoW is dying, it sux ballz simply for the fact that nothing is new with it. Oh wow, look an expansion that cost 50 bux, and i get, oh, 5 more lvls and oh, nothing new except that azeroth has chasms and has flooded. Can't wait to grind for 5 lvl's and then do the same raid over and overt and over again while I sit in one of the cities doing nothing except, waiting. Don't get me wrong, i was duped into buying the expansion with high hopes that something new and exciting would have come along, but alas, all that happened was the reinvented old lvl 60 raids, good job. Now for Rift, first off all you WoWtards, it's in "BETA" nothing groundbreaking has been established yet, and look at WoW back in beta, Amiga had better graphics ffs. Anyways, the whole talent system, while nothing groundbreaking, it is new and unique. As for lore, maybe stay off the WoW hates rifts sites and go to the main Rift website and read about it. Graphically, yes blows WoW out of the water and for the asshats who are complaining that they can't run it on their p4's, maybe it's time to upgrade. Oh wait, you need a job to be able to buy a new computer. Anyways, kudos to Blizzard for making a game as amazing as it was. Hope the best for them in the future with D3.

I've been playing WoW off and on for the past five years or so, and have also been participating in the past two Rift betas.

As I said to my husband last night, it's biggest problem is that it is too WoW-like, while trying desperately to pretend that it isn't. It makes it worse when they keep trying to steal WoW players by toting "You aren't in Azeroth any more", but aren't really offering anything significantly different.

The graphics are absolutely stunning, and for that reason I'd totally watch Rift the Movie, but I don't exactly see myself cancelling my WoW subscription and taking up with Rift suddenly. If I was bored with WoW...why would I play an exact replica? That makes no sense..

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    These people never played another MMO at all. When I first saw RIFT's graphics, my first thought was, "Wow, it's as if the graphics of LoTR Online and WAR online mated and had an MMO baby...".
    Pardon me, but I -have- tried other MMOs. LOTRO, Guild Wars, DDO, EQ2...I've tried them, and they've never clicked. However, in all that trying, I've never seen another MMO emulate WoW so closely as Rift, nor have I seen people defending it as hotly as Rift.

I'm well aware that WoW wasn't the first MMORPG, but that fact in and of itself doesn't mean that Rift is actually new and different. It's a beautiful game [with the ugliest pigs I've ever seen in my life], but that's all I can really give it.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    But the game so far is so horribly stiff, serious and cliché that it hurts. I don't hate the game. I just think it's like all the other mmo's, just a little more work put into it. Won't pay for it ever unless the lore gets better. Or if they might just let one inch of comic relief into it that can make us laugh.
    This was something else that has turned me off from it; it takes itself faaaaaaar too seriously. One of the things that has kept me playing WoW are all the fun little quips, references, jokes, and general silliness that runs rampant in the game.

Then again, maybe "srs" MMO gamers are what Trion is looking for. Y'know, the kind of people who got massively irritated by having little hearts randomly placed over their heads during the WoW V-day event, or the kind who find throwing pumpkins on people's heads or leather balls into people's packs terribly annoying.

If so, then Trion can have them! I'd rather hang out with fun folks, online or off, than terribly serious ones.
    Last edited by Lady Tam; 2011-02-16 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornus View Post
    Regardless of how you feel about Rift, it would probably be better for WoW players if ANY mmo was able to seriously compete with WoW. Because then Blizzard might actually have to try to keep everyones attention.

I've played it, and it's a pretty enjoyable game despite all of its similarities to WoW.
    This guy is spot on.

Everyone should be welcoming Rift, no matter if you're going to play it or no, Blizzard can continue their slacking style as long as there arent any real competition in the d&d theme department.

Quote Originally Posted by Meudi View Post
    ...people are still stupid enough to keep paying them to play it.
    I'm getting tired of being told I'm stupid for paying for something I enjoy. :/

If you don't want to spend your money on it, then fine, but could we do without the insults? Please? It's getting ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2011-02-16 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    This guy is spot on.

Everyone should be welcoming Rift, no matter if you're going to play it or no, Blizzard can continue their slacking style as long as there arent any real competition in the d&d theme department.
    I don't mind Rift existing, or even becoming successful. My whole irritation came when Rift people were coming on the WoW forums and talking about how Rift was going to take down WoW, and how anyone who plays WoW is a retard. [These threads are still posted daily...almost hourly. Fortunately, the WoW forum admins delete them before they go anywhere.]

This irritation is further exacerbated by the "You are not in Azeroth any more" ad campaign, when it so clearly and closely resembles WoW.

Did someone here already say that it feels like World of Warcraft 2.0? I think they did, and that's an accurate description. Not bad, and a decent revamp...but let's call it what it is. Don't dress up a tree and pretend it's a man.

Looks like I missed one.