Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Has your play time reduced dramatically?

I'm currently in a somewhat of a casual guild. We raid 1 night a week for about 5 hours.

Other than raiding, I find myself being completely bored and just standing around Orgrimmar jumping and staring at random things.

Lately, besides our only raid night, I roughly play maybe 30 minutes max the rest of the week.... combined.

Back in Wrath, I remember always having something to do. I don't know what it is but Cataclysm just doesn't seem very thrilling to me.

Has anyone else reduced their playing time to practically nothing because there's really nothing to achieve or work for?

Post your thoughts please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play almost every day. These days I barely log on once a week. I don't even know why I haven't canceled my subscription yet. Hope perhaps.

Deleted
    It has reduced dramatically, yes. I kind of dont enjoy anything in the game right now. Say whatever you want but it was certainly different 3 months into WotLK.

And no, I am not burned out and yes, I still have the same amount if not more of free time (uni student).

Deleted
    True

After completing daily cooking , JC , and TB dailyes , theres nothing left to do anymore . Siting on 12500 achiev points and i have everything i can actually farm in matter of mounts / pets . Sadly it never felt this boring .

I can say that mine has, but that has less to do with WoW and more to do with a promotion at work.
    IMO the main problem with cataclysm is all the vanilla players missed the game they played 6 years ago, now i find that they're the ones complaining about not having enough time to play (well from my perspective).

My end game time has decreased. I'm waiting for the patch to really get into that. Now ive basically got one raiding character, 2 fresh 85s and am working on the rest of my toons. Dealing with heroics isnt fun so i will wait until it is or until i go to another game.

Our guild has stopped progress due to people dropping and since there's no raiding I basicly only login to arena once a week for like an hour max. May have to change guild but I like my guildies too much. Sucks man.
    STFU and kill shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    well in wotlk you used that time to do those funny achieves etc, but now you can't do them anymore so you have to find something else to do

10+ Year Old Account
    i log in once or twice a week just to do dailies then log off game is losing its appeal being playing since beta

Deleted
    Stopped my subscription 4 days ago...
    Somehow its not fun, and i was barely online. so i just stopped

Yep, mine dropped so low I quit the game. I can't see logging in to raid for 6 hours a week and that's it. I've done the grind of farming and dailies for long enough, I just don't enjoy that the least bit now. In fact, I'm quite turned off on the idea. I'm just tired of the same MMO. Been playing since early vanilla with a few breaks here and there, but overall it has still been 6 years.

Deleted
    you will always will play less eventually. it's like any other game. once you clear dragons age (always see it in the adds on here :P) for example, it's only time until you get bored doing the same things over and over again.

cata hasn't brought enough new content to experience, thus it's feeling like the same old game again. i can see a lot of older players quitting/not logging in apart from raids in the upcoming months as there is simply nothing else to occupy their time. when raids are easily puggable it may bring some back due to raiding with alts on days other than their guild runs, but apart from that, there's not much else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    game is losing its appeal being playing since beta
    I'd have to agree with that.

Deleted
    Camping Aeonaxx increased my playtime a lot. ^^
    Also doing TB dailys with 3 chars, Rnd hero, Raiding 3-4 days per week and farming old raids like bt and sunwell.

Yep we are on same ship, I log only for raids . Thanks god there is so much great games around atm.

Nope, I'm playing more, new raids to do and daily heroics.

I'm not a scrub so I can tank any random heroic I queue for and succeed by using more or less cool downs to compensate for the healers and helping the DPS kill adds sometimes.

WotLK was a snore fest, heroics were so stupidly easy I couldn't even be bothered doing them.

I'm confused by people saying they're bored when they don't raid or pvp - the game isn't made to keep you entertained by not doing those things. All dailies and dungeons are aimed at gearing you up for raiding/arena - if you're not doing end game content, you shouldn't be playing the game. It's like buying Call of Duty and then complaining you can't do anything but shoot people and demand more content.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you might try working on getting achievement points for the guild? For example, I organized a fast guild run of Karazhan. I don't have much time to play now, so I don't have any characters that can even do one cata heroic dungeon. I farm archaeology (no, not Zin'rohk, though I certainly would not turn my nose up at it), I kill a bunch of critters (guild ach again). Sometimes, when a guildmate needs help with a profession, I will do my best to help farm mats or point them in the direction of a bunch of nodes.

I guess it simply comes down to the fact that the most recent expansion content isn't truly accessible to me, particularly because of the heavy use of phasing and linear questing. I find myself doing vanilla, BC, and Wrath, really. :\
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    I'm confused by people saying they're bored when they don't raid or pvp - the game isn't made to keep you entertained by not doing those things. All dailies and dungeons are aimed at gearing you up for raiding/arena - if you're not doing end game content, you shouldn't be playing the game. It's like buying Call of Duty and then complaining you can't do anything but shoot people and demand more content.
    Well I raid, but I raid with people I like, therefore, we only have 1 set raid night. Also, I don't pvp. If I really want some Player vs Player action, I'll go play something more entertaining where things are well balanced, such as a FPS, not WoW's PvP.

And whats the point of running heroics after you have all 346+ gear? For the daily heroic? I'm spent from doing that shit.

I can guarantee you that Cata heroics will be a snore fest once you are into the 3rd and 4th tier of this expansion, just like Wrath was.

IMO, they released Cata too early

JC daily (which i have been slacking on lately) which i try to get done everyday. Getting online to even do that is pushing it lol. When i do finally feel like dealing with a heroic, i do one for the VP, unless its a dungeon i hate... like Deadmines (takes forever), Stonecore ect... then i just log out and say screw it. Once the next content patch comes out i'll probably play a bit more, simply because then i could actually get through a raid (maybe) in a couple hours instead of spending many hours just trying to finish the first boss.

Keep in mind, this is from my pugging experiences. Only wish i had a constant work schedule so i could raid at set times/days like most people.

Before Cataclysm came out I used to play 6 or more hours a day, now I play maybe 2 hours every 3 or 4 days.