Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosmasher View Post
    Slash was the best part
    just sad Fergie's voice ruined Sweet Child O' Mine

I was half expecting Lady Gaga to show up as well

Quote Originally Posted by Westoad View Post
    Tom petty. Now that was a good half time show
    YES!! What was it back in '08? Maybe it's because I am a gigantic Tom Petty fan, but it was such a good performance.

As for this one...

I hang my head in disappointment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WomboMyCombo View Post
    Every superbowl the halftime show is "awful" until the next one comes along and it's the new worst.
    No no, Springsteen 09 was the best ever! And Fergie and Slash saved this one. I mean Sweet child of mine was is so much better when Axl Rose isnt singing...

I watched the first 30 seconds, realized how bad BEP were without autotuning, went back to wow. I heard slash was on and went to go see it, and I see Fergie singing Sweet child of mine. /facepalm

This is what happens when people get carried by autotuning their whole career.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Deleted
    And it seems BEP did half of their entire record of songs in one show. Fergie was shocking, Slash rocks, Usher was a miming idiot and the best music was Christina at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreakz View Post
    I watched the first 30 seconds, realized how bad BEP were without autotuning, went back to wow. I heard slash was on and went to go see it, and I see Fergie singing Sweet child of mine. /facepalm

This is what happens when people get carried by autotuning their whole career.
    What do you mean "how bad they are *without* the auto tuning"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched a video of the performance on YouTube (no cable), and wow.... Slash did awesome. Fergie destroyed that song.

it was OK, When slash came out I was oh cool he will make it good...Well once fergi butchered it and usher was bad

Deleted
    Fergie isn't so much mutton dressed as lamb, more mutton dressed as pork.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashydan View Post

wahaha

nuff said
    LOL I thought they looked like the Zandalar Hunter shoulders. I had never heard of that group before the show and I wasn't very impressed with them. The girl's legs were the best part of the whole thing. Too bad she can't sing as good as she looks.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    And it seems BEP did half of their entire record of songs in one show. Fergie was shocking, Slash rocks, Usher was a miming idiot and the best music was Christina at the start.
    Too bad Christina didn't know the lyrics lololol.

But yeah, the halftime show was terrible. I find it utterly disgusting that they do this autouned bullshit LIVE. I would have thought grammy winners wouldn't stoop that low, but they did. Honestly, I'd have been happier if they had lil wayne do it, at least then I'd know exactly what to expect.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought fergie was a good singer once.. The half time show proved me wrong.. It reminded me of an elementary school talent show.. or Youtube.

Atleast Usher and Slash were there to help my bleeding ears a bit.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

wahaha

nuff said
    It's funny, Mike B from ZAM's BFF Report said the same thing on Twitter earlier, I admit I laughed.

This was by all means, an atrocity. Tom Petty, The Who, Bruce Springsteen, the few I remember from recent years, were all great. They need to stop catering towards the freaking teenie bopper crowd and get musicians who are actually important and mean something to music, not these auto tuning hacks. I mean, how is their music relevant to sports. I find it ironic that they were always playing rock tunes between the plays over the PA system, and I am willing to bet that at least 50% of the football fan audience doesn't give a crap about this sort of tripe and would rather see a rock band tear down the house.

Tenacious D or AC/DC in 2012 please, good bands with some balls and the thundering roar of amazing music is what a game needs for a half time show to pump up the fans even more.

If you didn't see it, let me sum it up realquick.

"This halftime show is awful."
    >Enter Slash
    "OMG THIS HALFTIME SHOW ROCKS!"
    >Fergie starts butchering Sweet Child o' Mine
    "FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
    Stream: Gurkalicious

wahaha

nuff said
    It's like a bad ERP toon. Heirlooms and the Black Mageweave set!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Too bad Christina didn't know the lyrics lololol.

But yeah, the halftime show was terrible. I find it utterly disgusting that they do this autouned bullshit LIVE. I would have thought grammy winners wouldn't stoop that low, but they did. Honestly, I'd have been happier if they had lil wayne do it, at least then I'd know exactly what to expect.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but have you listened to any of their studio albums? They all sound like that, it's the trend in pop music and it disgusts me that as a musician myself, these hacks get awards and huge pay days for having no talent. No one who matters gets recognized for a Grammy these days except maybe Muse, and even they sold out to MTV with The Resistance album (insert Twilight joke here) and have pretty much thrown their credibility down the toilet as far as I am concerned and this is coming from someone who has enjoyed their music for almost 12 years now.

ITT: People complaining that a middle-of-the-road pop-style crowd-pleasing choice wasn't their obscure/awful/divisive/rehashed band.

Seriously? Legitimate complaints about sound and performance issues aside, people are complaining that they aren't fans of the Black Eyed Peas and expected it to be something mind-shattering. You people would bitch about the Beatles not being what you wanted to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally was waiting for a bolt of lightning to hit the stage and explode, and out would come Slim Shady
    My name is Legion, for we are many

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tacosmasher View Post
    Slash was the best part
    this is soooooo true lol