Holy healing trinkets + UIs?

Figured instead of making two topics ill just make one for my two questions.

1) What do you guys think is best Pre-raid BIS trinket for a holy priest? I was thinking Blood of isisiet and the other bloods trinket from last stonecore boss.

2)What healing mods do you guys use, preferably ones that can help me in some way, rather then aesthetically, as I do prefer the original action bars

Ripeness + Tsunami.

Both obtainable pre-raid. A bit expensive, but if you're really serious you should try to get them asap. We started to raid 3 days after release and I went for Tear of Blood + Rainsong. As soon as faire spawned, I got tsunami and my first purchase was Ripeness.

I raid with original UI actually. With smallest UI scale with a high res monitor I find very little use of actionbar/mods.
    Only addon I use is BigWigs & Decursive. I've set up decursive as 2 frames per row so it goes vertically along my raidframes.
    Blizz UI ftw!

I don't have to see my player frame, it's already in the raidframes along with my mana. I have no use of target frame either since all my healings are mouseovers.
    Putting focusframe next to raidframes tho. And if I need to see my own frame or target, they're already up there where they're not in the way.
    I want my screen clear of *censur* stuff.
    Last edited by Juber; 2011-02-07 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juber View Post
    Ripeness + Tsunami.

Both obtainable pre-raid. A bit expensive, but if you're really serious you should try to get them asap. We started to raid 3 days after release and I went for Tear of Blood + Rainsong. As soon as faire spawned, I got tsunami and my first purchase was Ripeness.

I raid with original UI actually. With smallest UI scale with a high res monitor I find very little use of actionbar/mods.
    Only addon I use is BigWigs & Decursive. I've set up decursive as 2 frames per row so it goes vertically along my raidframes.
    Blizz UI ftw!

I don't have to see my player frame, it's already in the raidframes along with my mana. I have no use of target frame either since all my healings are mouseovers.
    Putting focusframe next to raidframes tho. And if I need to see my own frame or target, they're already up there where they're not in the way.
    I want my screen clear of *censur* stuff.
    About the ripeness trinket, arent the spell on proc or spell on crit better trinket slots? As arent the cd's for the spirit on hit buff only 45s as opposed to 2 min cd on ripness? Or is the trinket mainly for the +321 int

Quote Originally Posted by Choshu View Post
    About the ripeness trinket, arent the spell on proc or spell on crit better trinket slots? As arent the cd's for the spirit on hit buff only 45s as opposed to 2 min cd on ripness? Or is the trinket mainly for the +321 int
    The math's been done, and Ripeness pulls ahead, but Tear of Blood is just godly.

If you don't have seven bjillion gold to get a Tsunami card, your best bet is Tear of Blood and Ripeness.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Pick any 2 of these and you'll be more than fine:
    - Core of Ripeness
    - Tsunami
    - Tear of Blood
    - Mandala of Stirring Patterns (post 4.0.6)
    - Tyrande's Favorite Doll

I started with Tear of Blood and Tsunami. I found some amazing deals on the cards (and have some awesome friends who helped), but if you can't or don't want to throw the gold down for it (it's the best thing ever though and I totally suggest getting it since gold is suuuuper easy to come by) then you really would be fine with Ripeness or even Mandala after the patch. If you are lucky and can snag Tyrande's Doll then yey for you! Honestly, I hate use trinkets with a super mega passion, hence why I stuck with Tear of Blood for so long.

As far as mods go, there are about a bagillion out there. Grid + Clique will always be my preference because of how detailed I can get with the setup + how awesome it works with my naga.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ainra View Post
    I started with Tear of Blood and Tsunami. I found some amazing deals on the cards (and have some awesome friends who helped), but if you can't or don't want to throw the gold down for it (it's the best thing ever though and I totally suggest getting it since gold is suuuuper easy to come by) then you really would be fine with Ripeness or even Mandala after the patch. If you are lucky and can snag Tyrande's Doll then yey for you! Honestly, I hate use trinkets with a super mega passion, hence why I stuck with Tear of Blood for so long.

As far as mods go, there are about a bagillion out there. Grid + Clique will always be my preference because of how detailed I can get with the setup + how awesome it works with my naga.
    Just gonna say: This.

Grid is the most awesome addon there will ever be, and that+a boss mod is really only what you need. Clique is optional, I prefer my mouse-over macros over healbot/clique any day simply because patches wont wreck them and it's so easy to set up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dislike Valor items being called "pre-Raid". The amount of daily heroics required to get it is just insane.

As for the questions. I think Tear of Blood is great. For your second trinket, Tyrande's Favorite Doll (I can see this back-firing on me, due to possible contrast with my initial statement, but hey) is a solid item. It's what I did.

For my UI, I just use Clique (with the standard Blizzard raid frames), ProM Tracker (bloody pets) and uh..well, that's it for healing. I also use ora3 to monitor raid cooldowns as well as recount so I can see how badly I lose to Paladins in 10m.

Deleted
    A question to Grid Clique users. If you create a mouse over macro to cast a spell on the right click of the mouse, does that mean right clickinging a standard UI portrait to say inspect someone will no longer work?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    If you don't have seven bjillion gold to get a Tsunami card, your best bet is Tear of Blood and Ripeness.
    I only spent six on mine, I'll have you know. Though in actuality I've had four. First one was a pretty penny. Other three I bought individual cards for cheap then sold the decks at about double the price. Cheapest one was only 12k total, got 30 for it.

Aaaanyway. If you want quicky heroic trinkets get Witching Hourglass and Tear of Blood. Core of Ripeness is nice, but I wouldn't waste VP on it. Mandala is decent come 4.0.6 as well and doesn't cost you anything except some time farming Tol Barad dailies. Though I will admit they suck (as does Tol Barad as a PVP zone).

Tsunami is BiS in T11 by the way. That includes 372 gear. It's actually a hair better than 372 Fall of Mortality, which is the second in slot. And no, you don't want Shard of Woe. In comparative value it is roughly 1/3rd as good as Spark of Hope was. Not sure what Blizz was thinking. Anyway. You don't need to feel bad about buying Tsunami if you decide you can afford it (it's a bit pricey for the average player). You won't replace it until T12.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    I only spent six on mine, I'll have you know.
    Which meant that you had one left, thus the point of having seven.

I'd agree with Tol Barad sucking, but throughput procs kinda suck when gearing up, so Core of Ripeness was an easy pick for me.

And no, you don't want Shard of Woe. In comparative value it is roughly 1/3rd as good as Spark of Hope was. Not sure what Blizz was thinking. Anyway. You don't need to feel bad about buying Tsunami if you decide you can afford it (it's a bit pricey for the average player). You won't replace it until T12.
    I think the problem was that they didn't want it to be good three tiers later. Spark outweighing the regen of double solace was pretty laughable when people actually ran the math, and Blizz probably was taking steps to make sure it stays a fair bit down, so future trinkets are actually relevant.

Plus imagine the nightmare it'd cause now that all healers are using Spirit?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    A question to Grid Clique users. If you create a mouse over macro to cast a spell on the right click of the mouse, does that mean right clickinging a standard UI portrait to say inspect someone will no longer work?
    That's right. It means that if you right click on the UI portrait, it will cast whatever spell you have set for it in Clique.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by val367 View Post
    That's right. It means that if you right click on the UI portrait, it will cast whatever spell you have set for it in Clique.
    Clique can be configured for adding some exceptions like UI portraits and more, so you can inspect, trade, etc.

BTW, im newbie at mmo, hi everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    You can blacklist any frames you want.

Only my gridframes were affected by clique on my resto shaman.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    Pick any 2 of these and you'll be more than fine:
    - Core of Ripeness
    - Tsunami
    - Tear of Blood
    - Mandala of Stirring Patterns (post 4.0.6)
    - Tyrande's Favorite Doll
    My idea is:

IF you are not an alchemist
    - Tsunami/Core
    - Tsunami/Tyrande

If you are an alchemist
    - Tsunami/Vibrant (http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68777/v...chemist-stone/)
    The vibrant stone is so damn amazing, 351 int - 194 haste (that can be reforged to mastery or spirit) and 40% on Mythical Mana pots is insane

And if you are a goblin is even better, Mythical Mana Pots gives you more mana based on the skill, i got 540 alchemy skill.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    You can blacklist any frames you want.

Only my gridframes were affected by clique on my resto shaman.
    This. Maybe others don't know you can change it, but you most certainly can. It's quick to set up, just look for the blacklist option. There aren't many options in clique, so it's easy to find. Right clicking can mean X heal for grid, but normal right click on your unit frames.

Also, I forgot about the new alchy trinkets - that's worth crafting pre-raid if you are an alchemist.

---------- Post added 2011-02-07 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I dislike Valor items being called "pre-Raid". The amount of daily heroics required to get it is just insane.
    I guess I assime people have been 85 long enough to get valor items just from heroics, but for those who have only been 85 a short time you are very much correct!

Insane amount of valor points, luck of the drop, TB dailies til your eyes bleed, mats for an Alch trinket, cards for a Tsunami deck. That's really what you have to think about! The most reliable is spending the gold, but not everyone has it (though like I said, easy to get!).

I use a combination of keybinds and clique binding with grid. Keybinds for instant casts, clique for casts with a cast time.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

I currently use Fall of Mortality (thanks bro'gall) and Tsunami.

As for pre-raid BiS, if I were to exclude tsunami, I would choose tier of blood and Tyrande's doll. Tyrande's doll may take a bit of work to get but it shouldn't be too hard (unless you have bad RNG).

Edit: As for healing UI, I use Vuhdo.I used healbot all through LK and finally switched over and haven't looked back. Of course, my UI is very unique,

Currently Ive been using Tear of blood + Blood of Isiset, as I find the double procs of both spirit buffs help out my regen heaps. I also have witching hourglass but im finding that in raids as of now im having trouble with raid heavy damage as it klils my mana way too fast.

ALso could someone help me out with how to be handling raid healing? As of now im using POM+COH on cd, while spamming POH's, with serenity always on, but should I also be throwing in renews to everyone whois hurt?