question about guild cauldrons

We should be able to make them shortly after patch and nobody I know seems to know for sure. I know alchemists make them, but once they are made can they be traded to a guildy and dropped by a non alc? My alt is an alc and I was hoping I could make them and then pass to my main for the raids. If not then you would have to have an alc in the raid I take it. Just wandering from people that have them already how they work?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cauldrons are BoP, so no you wouldn't be able to trade them at all.

Deleted
    Yes the cauldrons are bop but the flasks aren't. You can trade them with other people in the raid. Which can be handy if someone is switching out/getting replaced. So can get a guildie to drink one and keep another in his bag for you.

OR make on alt (making sure he is in guild so that it counts towards ach). Join raid. Place cauldrons inside instance. Log out. Relog main, enter instance, drink away.

OR a guildie with 500 alch can make them and save all this faffing. Great word faffing. I should use it more often.

So for 25 mans (until get 25 man cauldron ach), you need 7 cauldrons = enough for 2 each (drink one and keep one in bag).

With the c. lvl 10 guild perk this works out as 3 hrs of flasking, although the tooltip will incorrectly say 2 hrs per flask.

Good luck getting the ach once the herb requirements go down on wed, the cauldrons are pretty epic.
    Last edited by mmoc0a3190673f; 2011-02-08 at 01:02 AM.