Earthquake 4.0.6

The newest patch notes say that not only will Earthquake get a 10% buff, but it will also be affected by clearcasting. This should be multiplicative, so a 21% increase in damage and 40% decrease in cost (assuming you use it while clearcasting). I'm thinking this will make it pretty awesome when we need to pull out the aoe. Any thoughts or spots where my reasoning is faulty?

10+ Year Old Account
    It was already decent, and the mana cost wasn't much of an issue.

These changes, along with Rolling Thunder giving us yet more mana regen, should let most Elemental Shaman spec out of Convection and most likely even avoid the Thunder major glyph, even for AoE fights like Magmaw (if you burn the adds) or Maloriak.

The damage boost should make us one of the stronger AoE classes in the game, if you add in Magma Totem + Fire Nova, which you should if you're trying to max it out.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling I will be kicking some major ass on Magmaw now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It was already decent, and the mana cost wasn't much of an issue.

These changes, along with Rolling Thunder giving us yet more mana regen, should let most Elemental Shaman spec out of Convection and most likely even avoid the Thunder major glyph, even for AoE fights like Magmaw (if you burn the adds) or Maloriak.

The damage boost should make us one of the stronger AoE classes in the game, if you add in Magma Totem + Fire Nova, which you should if you're trying to max it out.
    Isn't EQ > FN? Or you do you mean FN while moving?

Deleted
    Yeah I have thought about this too earlier. Already now magmaw is a boss where ele shammy benefit a lot due to the AoE and by buffing the damage of AoE even more plus reducing its mana cost really is a great buff in any way you look at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Isn't EQ > FN? Or you do you mean FN while moving?
    FN can hit reasonably hard and it's an instant cast. What I've been playing around with is dropping magma, fire nova as get out of cleave range, EQ, FN, EQ.

FN is hitting, as I test it unbuffed, for ~2100, and EQ for ~1800 a tick. The buff to EQ is likely going to leave FN as irrelevant unless moving, but if you're using MT too, you're probably dashing in and out.

I'm not convinced it's actually a DPS boost, but I've been playing around with it. If you have to run any distance at all, it's definitely a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    FN can hit reasonably hard and it's an instant cast. What I've been playing around with is dropping magma, fire nova as get out of cleave range, EQ, FN, EQ.

FN is hitting, as I test it unbuffed, for ~2100, and EQ for ~1800 a tick. The buff to EQ is likely going to leave FN as irrelevant unless moving, but if you're using MT too, you're probably dashing in and out.

I'm not convinced it's actually a DPS boost, but I've been playing around with it. If you have to run any distance at all, it's definitely a bad idea.
    Alright. Thanks for the clarification. :>