Thread: Chaos Orbs

Chaos Orbs

Why is it that our ability to be able to craft epic gear is based on the chance that we might win a roll at the end of a heroic? I have been working to level leatherworking up, and have it close to maxed out now, and I want to start crafting the epic pieces that I can make for myself and guildies, but I can't make anything because I seem to have bad luck in winning the roll for the chaos orbs at the end of heroics. I run at least one every day, and so far I have only won 1 orb (and that was because no one else in the group could roll on it xD).

I understand that its supposed to be a privilege to be able to craft these pieces, but I think it isn't completely fair to have it be completely based on chance to win a roll. Has blizz thought about possibly introducing the option to buy a chaos orb from a justice vendor, in the same manner that the commodity vendor is being introduced with 4.0.6, I think this would be a good option because it would offer those who have bad luck with rolls the ability to make those epic armor pieces, but at a high price, so that it requires farming jp to get it.

My advice is run with a group of those guildies that you speak of. I don't see them objecting to you getting mats to make their gear.

It's to extend the life of the content.
    If you could get what you want the second you needed it, you would be wanting better sooner and they are not ready to give it to you.
    IF it helps think of it as team building. You help your guild by maxing your craft but they help you and themselves by getting orbs in your bag.
    Doing it as a group makes you learn how to work together, gets you to participate in the game, and gets you more social with your guild.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

but that's my point about having a Chaos Orb cost a considerable amount of jp to buy, buying it from the vendor would be a last resort thing, not meant to be the convenient way to obtain the mats you need, but a way to get it nonetheless

Quote Originally Posted by Caelvain View Post
    Why is it that our ability to be able to craft epic gear is based on the chance that we might win a roll at the end of a heroic? I have been working to level leatherworking up, and have it close to maxed out now, and I want to start crafting the epic pieces that I can make for myself and guildies, but I can't make anything because I seem to have bad luck in winning the roll for the chaos orbs at the end of heroics. I run at least one every day, and so far I have only won 1 orb (and that was because no one else in the group could roll on it xD).

I understand that its supposed to be a privilege to be able to craft these pieces, but I think it isn't completely fair to have it be completely based on chance to win a roll. Has blizz thought about possibly introducing the option to buy a chaos orb from a justice vendor, in the same manner that the commodity vendor is being introduced with 4.0.6, I think this would be a good option because it would offer those who have bad luck with rolls the ability to make those epic armor pieces, but at a high price, so that it requires farming jp to get it.
    if u think that is bad which in my opinion im with u it is,try being a chanter,ur last 3 or 4 recipes call for 5 maelstrom crystals that u can only get by doin raids or makin epics with orbs which is very hard atm.i wish theyd either make ors easier to get or put an epic on last boss like they have always done.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicman View Post
    if u think that is bad which in my opinion im with u it is,try being a chanter,ur last 3 or 4 recipes call for 5 maelstrom crystals that u can only get by doin raids or makin epics with orbs which is very hard atm.i wish theyd either make ors easier to get or put an epic on last boss like they have always done.
    What they need to do for enchanters is raise the chance of getting a melasotrm crystal on blue gear from 1% to 2%.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Because the level of the gear which requires the orbs is raid level, and therefore should not be trivial to obtain the materials for.
    That is in fact no different to Wotlk in the requirements, only that the orbs are now BoP which if anything maintains their value.

The thing i don't understand why they allowe people who don't have a crafting profession to roll on those orbs.

My brother had rolled on a few before even considering lvling a crafting profession on his rogue. It's pointless to have the orbs sitting there, they wont be vendored and they are unlikely to become BOE at all or for a long time. As they are only needed by the crafter and they are pretty simple to get em to drop.

I think they should only drop and be rolled by the people who have a crafting profession.

^ Outdated information.
    I had quit wow before the new year, and didn't know they had fixed this.

I also think they should be rolled by enchanters, and be able to be traded in to a vendor for an epic shard.
    But have a cost to do so, like some dust, a few shards and an essence or two, as getting max game enchanting is a pain. >.<
    Last edited by Kosic; 2011-02-07 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Had quit Wow for a while, information is out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    The thing i don't understand why they allowe people who don't have a crafting profession to roll on those orbs.

My brother had rolled on a few before even considering lvling a crafting profession on his rogue. It's pointless to have the orbs sitting there, they wont be vendored and they are unlikely to become BOE at all or for a long time. As they are only needed by the crafter and they are pretty simple to get em to drop.

I think they should only drop and be rolled by the people who have a crafting profession.
    I also think they should be rolled by enchanters, and be able to be traded in to a vendor for an epic shard.
    But have a cost to do so, like some dust, a few shards and an essence or two, as getting max game enchanting is a pain. >.<

Where have you been? they fixed it to where only people with a crafting profession can roll AGES AGO
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main concern is the BoP nature of them as I have 10 sitting in the bank and little to no interest in Crafted Blacksmithing items on my server, i think they should be allowed to become BoA so that I could transfer them to an alt that is a LW. Leaving them BoP will eventually ruin them.
    Last edited by Fedexkilla; 2011-02-07 at 04:57 PM. Reason: stupid spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because the level of the gear which requires the orbs is raid level, and therefore should not be trivial to obtain the materials for.
    That is in fact no different to Wotlk in the requirements, only that the orbs are now BoP which if anything maintains their value.
    But, in Wotlk you could buy the different orbs with emblems, and it took alot of emblems to be able to buy one orb, and thats what I'm getting at, you should be able to buy the chaos orb for jp, but it shouldnt be a low price, maybe 2000jp or something around there. you had to farm emblems to buy the orbs in Wotlk if you didnt win rolls, so why not have to farm them in cata too?

Quote Originally Posted by Caelvain View Post
    But, in Wotlk you could buy the different orbs with emblems, and it took alot of emblems to be able to buy one orb, and thats what I'm getting at, you should be able to buy the chaos orb for jp, but it shouldnt be a low price, maybe 2000jp or something around there. you had to farm emblems to buy the orbs in Wotlk if you didnt win rolls, so why not have to farm them in cata too?
    but the wrath ones only made gear the same level as 5 man dungeons dropped. You couldn't get the best level gear(not including heroic raids) from frozen orbs s you can with chaos orbs. You fail to see this.

Edit:
    Frozen orbs gave ilvl 200 gear same as 5 mans and 10 mans
    25s gave 213 and 226 the top two levels weren't obtainable by crafted gear

Cata
    chaos orbs make 359 gear same as is dropped in raid and only one level about it 372.
    if chaos orbs are made easier to get then the gear needs to be only 346 that they make.
    Last edited by Penatar; 2011-02-07 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    My main concern is the BoP nature of them as I have 10 sitting in the bank and little to no interest in Crafted Blacksmithing items on my server, i think they should be allowed to become BoA so that I could transfer them to an alt that is a LW. Leaving them BoP will eventually ruin them.
    Why are you rolling for them if you don't plan on using them? I hope you're not taking them from others who do 'need' them.

I assume that they'll eventually make them BoE, like the did in WOLK, but still, don't roll on them anymore.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the system that is currently set up. It truly make's epic items feel more....Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    Why are you rolling for them if you don't plan on using them? I hope you're not taking them from others who do 'need' them.

I assume that they'll eventually make them BoE, like the did in WOLK, but still, don't roll on them anymore.
    some with broke professions like engineering are storing them as there should be something later on worth crafting, besides the chicken splitter and kickback 5000...i mean come on, those 2 items (plus bop helm) cant be all...can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Where have you been? they fixed it to where only people with a crafting profession can roll AGES AGO
    Have they? :O
    I must of missed it in a patch note/hot fix.

I quit Wow over a month and a half ago. So my bad for having the in-correct information.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    but the wrath ones only made gear the same level as 5 man dungeons dropped. You couldn't get the best level gear(not including heroic raids) from frozen orbs s you can with chaos orbs. You fail to see this.

Edit:
    Frozen orbs gave ilvl 200 gear same as 5 mans and 10 mans
    25s gave 213 and 226 the top two levels weren't obtainable by crafted gear

Cata
    chaos orbs make 359 gear same as is dropped in raid and only one level about it 372.
    if chaos orbs are made easier to get then the gear needs to be only 346 that they make.
    Pretty much this. You were never able to get the materials to make the top tier gear without using the resources from that tier. IF chaos orbs become purchaseable in this tier they will be a valor item. More likely, they'll be available to purchase with justice points when 4.1 is released and may become unbound at that time (if it ever happens).

They already make it easier to gear up because they enable you to craft a few raid level items without setting foot in a raid. Even in wrath blizzard did not provide this opportunity.

My only disagreement is that 346 weapons have obscene material requirements compared to the 359 armor.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    Pretty much this. You were never able to get the materials to make the top tier gear without using the resources from that tier. IF chaos orbs become purchaseable in this tier they will be a valor item. More likely, they'll be available to purchase with justice points when 4.1 is released and may become unbound at that time (if it ever happens).

They already make it easier to gear up because they enable you to craft a few raid level items without setting foot in a raid. Even in wrath blizzard did not provide this opportunity.

My only disagreement is that 346 weapons have obscene material requirements compared to the 359 armor.
    I get what you're saying that it should be hard to get the mats to make this gear, but my point is that it's not based on skill level, or anything like that, its all luck, and I know that I could run with guildies, but the thing is that most of my guildies need chaos orbs too to get their crafting professions maxed out. I think the idea of chaos orbs being purchasable for valor points is a good idea too, that actually makes more sense than justice since they are different tiers, to me it just seems slightly skewed that my ability to craft something is based on my chance to win a roll.