Deleted

[BIO] Ashkuri Yandril

Hey everybody

I'm pretty new to mmo-champion but not at all to rp, at least apart from WoW, and I'm very curious to try it out, especially since I see a lot of really good players around here. So this is pretty much my first attempt to write a character that fits into Azeroth and I'm very happy about any tip or advise you can give me!
    Apart from that I have to say that English is not my native language which is german, so sometimes I have to look up words. Please tell me if I mix some words up or a different one would be more appropriate

Thanks a lot for the attention and here's the bio.

Name: Ashkuri Yandril
    Race: Forsaken (former human)

Class: Rogue
    Profession: Ashkuri usually simply takes what she needs but if it should be necessary she pretends to be a leatherworker of mediocre skill
    Weapons: two daggers and a small throwing knive that’s not very effective

Appearance:
    Ashkuri never was a tall person, but now her body doesn’t have the strength to hold her upright anymore so she walks bent down. What’s left of her skin is thin and strechted across her frail bones like parchment on wood. It’s obvious that only dark magic holds her body together and to keep her ‘alive’ and going so much arcane energy is absorbed, that she is not able to use spells of any kind herself. This is the reason she looks envious upon everyone who is able to use mana as a resource. Even so her face is very well preserved, at least if compared to the rest of her body. The only exception to this is a small scar across her forehead above the left eye socket and her eyes as such, since they are rotting away and are soon going to fall out. Ashkuri usually hides her eyes behind a piece of cloth bound around her head. The same magic that keeps her going allows her useless eyes to see at least some grey shadows of the world around her but no colors and she’s very far away from seeing as well as someone alive and living. Her voice sounds hollow and pressed because she doesn’t have working lungs or vocal chords left. Her bony body is all covered in a functional leather armor poorly made by her self, that she has to mend often. It consists of a pair of trousers, a pair of boots and something that looks like a chestplate but isn’t really able to protect her properly. To hide her rotten appearance Ashkuri usually wears a long, hooded cloak made from wool and really, really dirty.

Personality:
    When she was still alive, Ashkuri was a very lifely person that always had a joke or a song on her lips and even though she didn’t have an easy life as the wife of an upholsterer she never let her joy of living be taken away by anything or anyone. When first her young daughter, then her husband an in the end she herself got sick of the pleague, the joy she had in life slowly drained and ever since she died and was raised by the scourge she is corroded by hatred, envy and bitterness. She now laughs very seldom and even if she does it’s only scornful. Sometimes you can have the impression somewhere deep down inside her there’s a little bit of the woman left she used to be, though. Nevertheless Ashkuri now knows feelings like friendship or trust only among fellow forsaken and even with them she has very few friends. Everyone else she simply ignores or if not only tries to manipulate them for her own purposes, whatever they may be at the given moment. Above all she is driven by envy – she hates everyone still alive for not having to suffer the same as she did and for discriminating her for her wrecked body and she dislikes anyone that’s able to use magic at first sight. This is the reason why she only accepts Sylvanas as her leader, since she hates the rest of the Horde just like she hates the Alliance.

Likes: Wetlands, storms, poisonous plants, nasty creatures and everything else that humans usually avoid
    Dislikes: Sunlight, the living, magic, the scourge

Family:
    Father: Mainred Kellach, peasant near Southshore, died at age 56
    Mother: Anrhydiel Kellach, born Mehtsonc, peasant near Southshore, died at age 54
    Siblings: none
    Husband: Nondor Yandril, upholsterer in Brill died at age 39
    Daughter: Mishra Yandril, died at age 12

Background:
    Ashkuri was born on a small farmstead in the area of Southshore as the first and only child of the young Kellach family. Her childhood was happy but a little lonely since they had no real neighbors near Thoradin’s Wall. Nevertheless Ashkuri knew the lands around her home inside out, got to know a lot about the herbs and animals and when she was in her teens she preferred strolling around and hunting rabbits with bow and arrow over helping her parents out on the fields. As soon as she was old enough she was due to be married to the son of her aunt’s best friend who lived in Tarren Mill. Ashkuri was carried there against her will and when they arrived and she was introduced to her husband to be, she immidiatly disliked him, simply because she wanted to continue living her life as she knew it – without responsibilty over a household and kids. So she seeked desperately for a way out of her misery and the son of a travelling merchant that happened to stay for some days in town with his father came just in handy. So Ashkuri left her family and everything behind to go on a journey to the north with two people she barely knew at that time. Some weeks later they arrived in Lordaeron, but Ashkuri who was used to the woods and rolling hills of Hillsbrad couldn’t stand the city very long. So when one day she literally bumped into a young man from Brill out on a visit to Lordaeron, she took the chance and left with him. This is how she got to know Nondor. Nondors father, an upholsterer in the town of Brill, died soon after that and his last wish was for his son to marry and take over the workshop and that’s exactly what Nondor and Ashkuri did.

They didn’t have an easy life as work was hard and money always very tight, especially when their daughter Mishra was born and there was one more mouth to be fed in the household. Nevertheless Ashkuri would never have described their life as sad or depressing, for her there was always something to be happy about. Unlike herself her daughter had the chance to make a lot of friends among the other children in Brill and since Lordaeron was near they were sometimes able to go the market in the big city and try and sell the stuff Nondor made. Back than Ashkuri was very much in awe of the king and his son, Arthas, although she only heard stories about the royal families and never managed to even see one of them. They also very soon heard the rumours of a disease spreading in the lands to the east, but at that point they didn’t worry too much about it. They fully trusted Terenas to be able to protect them from everything that may come across the borders. Therefore, the people in Brill were surprised when more and more people got sick and died, and even more so when the ones they knew and loved rose up again from their graves and attacked. Mishra was one of the first to die and become a zombie, followed shortly after by Nondor. Both of them where burned and killed again by the villagers, but by that time Ashkuri herself was sick and knew she was going to die. She managed to leave the town and hide in the woods out near the shore, but naturally it didn’t prevent her from rising up and falling under the will of the Lich King.

This is the beginning of a time of her life she remembers very little about, mostly because it’s very painfull and she copes with it by simply pushing it away. Although she tries her best to ignore them, sometimes small pieces of memories float up and haunt her, mostly having to do with herself killing and eating up people, which she even enjoyed at that time. That joy in taking lifes away and living on humans like she used to be herself is what holds the most pain for her, apart from the fact that she lost everyone she loved. She does not know how she managed to survive the war against the scourge but she believes she was just ‘lucky’ if one can speak of luck in that sense. When Illidan managed to weaken the Lich Kings power long enough for Sylvanas to break free, Ashkuri was one of the undead to follow her into the battle against the Nathrezim in Lordaeron. At this point, there was sarcely anything left of her personality and memories, but some of them came back when there was time to take a rest from all the battles Ashkuri had taken part of.

Although she disliked the city when she was human, Ashkuri now preferred to dwell on her own in the dark corners of the Undercity. She was already feeling that first her body and then her mind would begin to slowly fall apart until she would be nothing more than some bones rotting to dust and for the first few months of her new found freedom she tried to get as many memories back, but had to realise very soon, that it would’t work out the way she wanted if she continued sitting around in a place she never really lived in. She made a plan to travel to the parts of the world that had been important for her life – Brill and Southshore, but to achieve that goal she was forced to find a way to get a more stable body. She talked to apothecaries but they had no cure for flesh melted away by the pleague and torn from her bones by so many fights. She talked to priests or at least to forsaken who used to be priests before they died, but the light now hurt her so much when they tried healing the wounds that she just couldn't stand it, although her eyesight seems to have improved a little bit by that. She talked to mages, but the arcane magic could do nothing for her. She talked to warlocks, crazed by fel magic, but they also couln’t restore the missing parts.

So now she is holding her self together with greater effort every day, full of hatred for everything that was done to her, bitter from all the disappointments in trying to get herself back and envious of everyone that still has a life worth living. As she is getting older, the negative feelings and bad parts of her personality are getting more and more present and are exaggerating far over the norm. So is it possible to earn an enemy for a lifetime with just one wrong word in Ashkuris direction. She is, after all, well aware that very soon she will only be a brainless ghoul and the last journey to the places where she was born, roamed the woods, met her husband, got merried, gave birth to her child and finally died (for the first time) is still to be taken on.
    Last edited by mmoc6342c8b851; 2011-02-14 at 10:54 AM. Reason: finished so far

At first sight a sound character; For my tastes the likes/dislikes are quite strong and would need a good explanation in her background especially the dislike for magic users.

So I am looking forward to the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basic character outline looks good, can't say much more until the full background is added.

Deleted
    Okay, thank you for the quick answers

I now added the background and I really hope it fit's into the forsaken lore, if not please tell me, I'm willing to put things right then.

As for the likes and dislikes, I really hope it's justified/explained better now. In addition I have to say that's it's really just a dislike similiar to me disliking vanilla ice cream (can't stand the flavour ^^). In my native language there is very distinct difference between dislike and hatred for something.

If there is a better word to make that clear in the bio please tell me and I will edit it

I really like the backstory it is fitting and doesn't contradict any Lore I know; The only thing a bit iffy about the story is the part where she searches for a cure for her state of decay.

The grade of decay Forsaken have cannot be "cured" but they decay very slowly. Additionally I would believe that Forsaken can be "healed" to the state their body had when they were resurrected into undeath, but I don't know for sure.
    So if she has been risen right after she died, her body should not have taken that much damage. Perhaps if she stayed undiscovered for some time before she was discovered in the woods and resurrected that would explain her advanced decay.

However the healing by holy light is excruciatingly painful for the Forsaken, but in fact effective. I wouldn't believe that warlocks or mages have any success in curing her bad sight or her decaying body if the priests had none.

So where I am really getting at: I see only two working possibilities for your characters eyesight: either it is incurable, or she has to regularly visit a healer to stop the decay.

Apart from that no complaints from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    So where I am really getting at: I see only two working possibilities for your characters eyesight: either it is incurable, or she has to regularly visit a healer to stop the decay
    Or replacement. Artificial eyes were used 10,000 years before the first war, by the Highborne... It would be possible that the technique would have passed down the ages to the Sin'Dorei.

Hmm there also would be some extraordinarily talented tinkers in the Apothecary Society, they also might be able to fashion prostetics, but they are not exactly known for doing favors.

And Madgod do you have a source for the artificial eyes? I never heard of something like that to be honest.

Hmm there also would be some extraordinarily talented tinkers in the Apothecary Society, they also might be able to fashion prostetics, but they are not exactly known for doing favors.

And Madgod do you have a source for the artificial eyes? I never heard of something like that to be honest.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Xavius

Hmm I thought it must have been someone in the war of the Ancients didn't think about Xavius though. I also don't remember it being mentioned in the WoTA Trilogy but I read that ages ago. Thanks Maddy.

Hmm I thought it must have been someone in the war of the Ancients didn't think about Xavius though. I also don't remember it being mentioned in the WoTA Trilogy but I read that ages ago. Thanks Maddy.
    it was... it's one of his primary distinguishing features, as well as how Malfurion recognizes him as a Satyr

don't ask how I remember all of this crap, I'm weird

and you're welcome :P

Deleted
    Okay, here are my thoughts on this.
    I edited the part about the priests, I got the impression undead couldn't be healed at all, sorry about that. Still she would not be healed this way because it hurts too much, I hope that's okay with you.

On why her body is so rotten. She had some time to start rotting out in the woods and when she was risen up she was like one of the first generation undead since Brill was supplemented with corn from Andorhal. Because of this she was under the will of the Lich King for a very long time. My thoughts on this were that she would have been forced to fight against humans and everything up in Northrend many times and that would have left visible marks on her body since her flesh would not heal itself. I also thought that the Lich King didn't heal the ordinary undead but simply let them die and rose some more. So during the whole time of her not having a free will she just fell apart (partly ... can I put it that way? In German this would be a grammar mistake of the bad sort ^^). That's why she already was in state of clearly visible decay when Sylvanas broke free.

About the eyesight ... well I'm not sure either about that. My thought was that it's the magic necromancers use (I believe that's fel magic but I don't really know, sorry) that keeps the undead 'alive'. So if someone could increase the amount of magic flowing through her veins (or whatever) could improve her eyesight. I would not go with a replacement because I don't really think it would fit into the character idea ... if it's a problem that she's got rotting eyes and can still see (very little, after all), than I'd rather go with her beeing completely blind.

And I think that I should make it more clear, that even if her body WAS still enough intact (oh I think that's not very good English, sorry for that) to go on that journey, she is afraid it's not and she could loose some important body parts like, let's say, a leg. And that would still make her search for a cure even if there really isn't any which would lead to more disappointment and so on, so I think it's okay if I let her state of mind be the way it is right now.

Last edited by mmoc6342c8b851; 2011-02-09 at 04:47 PM.

Well the undead healing is really tricky since it has been retconned at least once as far as I know; Earlier it was stated that the forsaken can heal each other through Shadow energies, just like the death knight's death coil did in WC3, and still does for death knights.
    However a developer chat brought up the possibility to be healed by the light, but it is excruciatingly painful (Source bottom of page), so if you say your character couldn't take that that is okay.

If you say she was a victim of the first grain batch from Andorhal and only discovered later that would very well explain an advanced decay.

Concerning the matter of the eye sight: necromancy CAN heal the forsaken but they regard it as a remnant of their slavery to the scourge and it is heavily frowned upon, so I wouldn't go there

The replacement doesn't really fit imho since it is a far way from High elven technology to the Forsaken, time and space wise so i wouldn't think that this is very likely.

Since you now have taken the partly healed by priests approach, that leaves no flaws in your story for me.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-02-10 at 09:11 AM.

Deleted
    Um, okay, really happy to hear this xD I'm so in awe of people knowing the lore by heart.
    But that now leaves simple question left for me - how do I start? I know I have to apply to the group, can I do that now? And if I get in, can I just look for a plot that would fit my character or how does that work exactly? :>

Yes, you may apply now, the how to is found here

Since Madgod has already read you Bio I would assume he will accept you to the group.

To join an RP there is usually a start up thread in the Discussions Forum where you can apply before the RP is started in the RP-Forum;

Here a little example:

RP-Thread: Shadow's Assembly

If the RP is marked as Closed you are not allowed to join anymore, however if you are interested in joining a specific RP you may contanct the Starter/Creator of the RP via pm to find out if he/she is fine with you joining in later on.

OR you may come to our IRC Channel and see if we get some Live RP in the chat going, that happens rarely but is a lot of fun.

As soon as you apply I'll be there to accept. The instructions are in a sticky at the top of the RP discussion forum.