Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaloryth View Post
    Yeah smite is already covered by the glyph, I guess the hit would help with hitting holy fire. Is it that important?

edit: Well that got answered. Just use the glyph and don't worry about hit!
    with another glyph it buffs the dmg of smite by 20% if the target is afflicted by the holy fire dot

Quote Originally Posted by Chitzu View Post
    http://wowtal.com/#k=_AL5cpRH.aei.priest.-XkEo2

There's the specc that you preferably should use, now you might ask why you should have the 2 extra points in Twisted Faith, well basically it's cause you'll use your healing gear for this obviously, Spirit = Hit with that talent, will result in you having a whole lot of hit to not miss your smites
    wow are you really that stupid? sure u might miss a holyfire once in a while but thats pretty redundant considering you get 1% more than you need for smites and with the current patch you would probably rather get the PoM glyph also thats a very niche fight and alot has changed since then
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

For the love of everything Holy (or Disc in this case!). The heals from Attonement CAP at 30% of the Priests health. So while you could do more damage thanks to the glyph, it is not needed.... because there is a CAP on the heal. Doing more damage DOES NOT mean doing more healing if you have reached that cap. I really don't know how much more clear I can make it.

An Edit before someone spazzes about how WoL or recount shows it for more: There still are multipliers for healing. So, the heal itself caps, but then your +healing goodness is added on top.

If you killed Heroic Halfus BEFORE they changed this, then I can see why you are being stubborn. But it was hot fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Evrx View Post
    What I think Ainra meant was that some guilds use multiple Atonement spec priests. In which case, you could possibly assign 1 or 2 (rotating) to use Holy Fire while the rest of the disc priests just smite spam.

However, I don't think it is worth it to use Holy Fire after the Atonement healing cap change. The % increase Smite gets from Holy Fire doesn't outweigh the "lost" casting time you could have spent on Smite instead of Holy Fire in the first place. Also, casting Holy Fire briefly stops your healing, making your healing more spiky.
    If they're bringing more then 1 attonement specced priest for that, then yes, you are correct to a certain extend.

While you can keep Holy fire up to a 100% incase you got 2 Priests running that specc, then you dont want to miss out on it anyways, if you're running with 3, then yes you wont need it.

As for the Healing cap change i cannot speak, as said i stopped playing about 3 weeks ago and i didn't need to go this specc after our 1.st kill as it werent needed anymore, we did it the normal way with none being attonement specced.

As for having all priests going that specc, then it's just a matter of what setup you are running, what we were using were:

2 Priests (1 attonement, 1 Holy)
    2 Holy Paladins
    1 Resto Shaman
    1 Resto Druid

1 Hpally being assigned to Drake Tank healing, one to Halfus Tank(s) Healing, Rdruid on the Halfus Tank(s) and Rshammy on the Drake Tank with our Holy priest being on Raid Healing alone helping out on tanks when there were no raid damage to heal, and obviously me spamming the shit out of smite and Holy fire to keep the tanks topped off.

20% Extra healing done when there were no HP cap to attonement, then it were insane, as for now, yet again i cannot speak for after the HP cap, if the 20% wont do any difference, then it's obvious that you wont need the 2 points into TF to make sure you never miss it.

Yet, i stand firm by my point that they're needed until otherwise is proven to be better (i.e, 20% Increased Healing from Holy Fire not making any higher heals as of the HP cap to it.)

And Yes Ainra, i clearly stated before that i did this before the hotfix to Attonement being capped to 30% of the priests HP and that we didn't need to use an Attonement specced priest after that 1.st kill as everything as usually goes much smoother on a 2.nd and further kills, if it does cap before you increased smite damage through Holy Fire, then again, the 2 points in TF is not needed. If it doesn't, the 2 points is.

As for whoever asked if i were stupid that you "might" miss Holy fire once in a while, are you aware of the mechanics? If it doesn't cap before the increased Damage/Healing from Holy fire being up, then it's plain stupid not to have it, a miss of holy fire means 20% increased healing that you're missing out on. If it does cap before that, then again there's no point in having those 2 points into TF.

Yet again, my specc is still more accurate as the other didn't even specc into 3/3 Darkness (3% haste) which is pretty damn stupid, then those 2 points in TF can be discussed as of the changes.
    Last edited by Chitzu; 2011-02-07 at 09:06 PM.

I usually have around 15k dps and 17k hps with disc spec on our Halfus heroic kills. Boss takes more damage = bigger smites = bigger attonement heals.

@Chitzu: I don't want to derail this thread any more than I have by replying to your nonsense. You literally destroyed your own arguments about being knowledgable by admitting you haven't taken into consideration changes "after you quit". Also the SS you provided didn't prove anything. Don't bother replying i just wanted it to be said, there's nothing you can add that'll change my opinion of you now.

As i'm one of the players who are trying to understand the upcoming fights me and my guild are going to be trying, i've put a lot of effort into being "prepared" in order to max both mine and my guilds' performance. What I would do if I was the OP at this point is take the advice that has been backed up by several players and take into account any differing opinions that other players have agreed with. Then try the fight with a few different setups and see what works best for you and your guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Archicortex View Post
    @Chitzu: I don't want to derail this thread any more than I have by replying to your nonsense. You literally destroyed your own arguments about being knowledgable by admitting you haven't taken into consideration changes "after you quit". Also the SS you provided didn't prove anything. Don't bother replying i just wanted it to be said, there's nothing you can add that'll change my opinion of you now.

As i'm one of the players who are trying to understand the upcoming fights me and my guild are going to be trying, i've put a lot of effort into being "prepared" in order to max both mine and my guilds' performance. What I would do if I was the OP at this point is take the advice that has been backed up by several players and take into account any differing opinions that other players have agreed with. Then try the fight with a few different setups and see what works best for you and your guild.
    I don't really care about your opinion of me, you're none that i know nor care about, yet again your specc were further away from correct, so i don't even know why you're still typing, you missed out on 3% haste even and you got some special right to speak? Not really no, "trying to understand the upcoming fights" so you haven't even done it and you're speaking as you know it all?

Enough of the Off-topic @ OP, take a look at the speccs and tailor it around how it works now, but for love of god, don't miss out on the 3% haste as it's a flat HP increase which isn't being neglated by anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitzu View Post
    I don't really care about your opinion of me, you're none that i know nor care about, yet again your specc were further away from correct, so i don't even know why you're still typing, you missed out on 3% haste even and you got some special right to speak? Not really no, "trying to understand the upcoming fights" so you haven't even done it and you're speaking as you know it all?

Enough of the Off-topic @ OP, take a look at the speccs and tailor it around how it works now, but for love of god, don't miss out on the 3% haste as it's a flat HP increase which isn't being neglated by anything at all.
    I didn't post a spec. Get your facts straight, you're digging your own grave. I think you've proven how little your word is to be trusted. You're blinded by "nerdrage" by the looks of it. Nothing you say can or should be considered objective. You're just out to justify your statements at this point.

If you haven't done the fight in about a month, odds are you should let those who are actively raiding comment on what is best CURRENTLY. It just makes sense! What was good last week, might not be this week, as it's an everchanging world... of Warcraft! Just try not to get so bent out of shape and attack people. Most people are just trying to help, while some have said it better than others, and explain why Attonement is great for this specific fight at this specific time.

Flame war is a bit over the top. With the changes to the attonement cap, i'd spec something along the lines of this -- http://wowtal.com/#k=VupOgDNM.aei.priest.qOKHub

as others have said, there is little reason to spec into twisted faith or glyph smite because of the attonement cap at 30% increased health. The dps increase helps a bit, but your HPS will decrease with casting holy fire. As for this spec, i'd use penance to stack grace on the primary tank, then smite spam. (Which is also why i speced into inspiration. the 10% damage redux can proc off the penance and help a lot.)

For this spec you are going to want to stack as much haste as possible.