Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cho'gall 10m Phase 2, WTF

Okay so here's our problem, we DPS Cho'gall down to 25% and into Phase 2 with >30 seconds left before the 5th add even spawns, and everything in the raid is below 20% Insanity. We go into Phase 2, Everythings rocking until around 2mil HP and we die from all the insane damage.... I dunno whats going on, any phase 2 tips to help us. This is the 4th night of countless <100k wipes.

Edit: Raid Comp

Fire Mage x2
    Surv Hunt
    Demo Lock
    Ret Pally

Prot War
    Bear Drood

Holy Priest
    Holy Pally
    Holy Pally
    Last edited by Porra; 2011-02-08 at 03:56 AM. Reason: raid comp

Are you making killing tentacles your first priority?

Quote Originally Posted by TehBlkMage View Post
    Are you making killing tentacles your first priority?
    Yes, tentacles > boss always

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Porra View Post
    Yes, tentacles > boss always
    and yes we interrupting them

Killing tentacles is first priority!
    Also, everyone needs to be spread out.
    When tentacles spawn they do a small aoe damage where they spawn.
    When people start raising in corruption because of the aoe damage they start doing aoe damage to players around them because of the throw up ability.

This is a burn phase, this is where most cooldowns need to be used and bloodlust should be hit.

Quote Originally Posted by haybusa View Post
    Killing tentacles is first priority!
    Also, everyone needs to be spread out.
    When tentacles spawn they do a small aoe damage where they spawn.
    When people start raising in corruption because of the aoe damage they start doing aoe damage to players around them because of the throw up ability.

This is a burn phase, this is where most cooldowns need to be used and bloodlust should be hit.
    Yup using lust to start the phase and saving CDs, although I didnt know about them doing AE where they spawn. Is it enough to kill somebody quick?

5th add? I think your DPS is the problem...if I remember correctly, my 10man group gets to p2 as the 4th add is spawning, causing it to despawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Just a guess but you are probably wiping to corruption. Either one of the following or both are happening:
    - You are not dispelling accelerated corruption fast enough.
    - People are puking on each other.

EDIT: 4 adds should be ok, my alt raid does 4 adds and we kill it no problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go with 2 healers, it will solve your problems.

I agree on the add problem, *most* guilds that i've talked to, including mine, have found that 2 healing this fight works much better so that you can have extra dps to push boss far before the 5th add.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Just a guess but you are probably wiping to corruption. Either one of the following or both are happening:
    - You are not dispelling accelerated corruption fast enough.
    Sounds like that.

Looking at the post of our latest wipe the damage taken by spell is in order:

1. Unleashed Shadows - 4.66m
    2. Attack 4.49m
    3. Corruption of the Old Gods -4.1m
    4. Flaming Destruction - 943k
    5. Debilitating Beam 501k
    6. Shadow Bolt - 426k
    7. Corrupting Crash - 421k
    8. Gall's Blast - 129k
    9. Cho's Blast 102k
    10. Blaze - 21k

Healers say it becomes unhealable when the 4 set spawns.

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 04:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adaryn View Post
    I agree on the add problem, *most* guilds that i've talked to, including mine, have found that 2 healing this fight works much better so that you can have extra dps to push boss far before the 5th add.
    Thats what we're doing with 5 DPS, we honestly have to slow down so that the boss doesnt phase the same time the 4th add spawns because we find if it times wrong you'll have the add spawn after he does the funky beams and it wont despawn.

Many 10m groups have trouble in P2 with 3 healers, due to not being able to burn the boss quickly enough before corruption just becomes unmanageable. Try running with 2 healers - we had to and haven't had a problem with Cho'Gall since doing it this way. You'll also be entering P2 after the 3rd add instead of the 4th.

Keep in mind running with 2 heals means everyone has to be on the ball. Without that buffer healer a single person screwing up more than slightly means tens of thousands of mana you don't have to spare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hint: Tank Cho'gall on the throne. Watch your demo lock become a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Logbc View Post
    Hint: Tank Cho'gall on the throne. Watch your demo lock become a god.
    For the tentacles?

---------- Post added 2011-02-08 at 04:21 AM ----------

Bump, havent found anything useful to help us so far. Im watching videos and they arent taking near as much damage as we are. Im so confused.

Lol, yeah. Tank him on the throne. Works in 25 at least

1 tank 2 healers and gogogo? Makes the fight stupid easy.

1 Tank , 2 Healers and you will be fine.

How do you reset the debuff with 1 tank? And who tanks the adds?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixbow View Post
    How do you reset the debuff with 1 tank? And who tanks the adds?
    The 1 tank strategy is definitely harder than using 2 tanks and there was no reason for Zeta to recommend it.

But do cut out a healer.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I had the same problem, we got to p2 every try with ease but allways failed due to too much damage. What worked for us is indeed tanking cho'gal at his throne, so the tentacles spawn next to each other with makes killing then MUCH easier, and more manageable. Once we changed to that tactic, we now one shot him every week

edit: We use 2 tanks and 3 healers