Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    The 1 tank strategy is definitely harder than using 2 tanks and there was no reason for Zeta to recommend it.

But do cut out a healer.

Excuse me no it isnt. I have killed it with 1 tank from our very first kill on week 3. All you do is have a melee dps taunt the boss off right before Fury and then have the maintank take it back. Its 100% doable with 1 tank and very easy. If your melee dps doesnt know how to read timers though it is hard.

Some little things we did--

Everyone with an interrupt should be interrupting the tentacles. Everyone. Interrupt AFTER the cast has finished, right when the channel starts. Have someone marking a tentacle for the raid to focus on. DPSers with rampup time (spriests, afflocks, etc) should stay on Cho'gall. If any tentacles spawn near the tanks, kill those last and have the tanks interrupt those (THIS IS CRUCIAL) and damaging them with whatever they can. Now, we do both 10m and 25m with 2 tanks, I don't know if having tentacles on the tank would be a good idea with the 1-tank strat.

At no point should someone use the words "HE'S AT 4%, BURN HIM!!!!!11!!!1!" Stay on the tentacles and let your designated DPS bring Cho'gall down. Ranged should stack on one point, and the Healers should stand just behind them. The tentacles, when not being attacked, have a proximity-based threat table. Better the DPS get the cast on them than the healers.

Healers should coordinate big CDs and use them toward the end of the phase when things get dire. Every DPS with a damage-reduction CD should use it as needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burn lust at 26% he does this stupid channeling thing before P2, free DPS uptime, when first set of adds hit, he should be around 20%

Tank Cho'Gall at his throne, when the first set of adds spawn, have your DPS burn them down fast with CDs if needed, use all stuns/interrupts/racials etc. Following the first set of adds, every other set of adds will spawn clumped up where Cho'Gall is being tanked, using this method, you can safely AOE down the adds and use AOE interrupts (e.g Dragon's Breath/Shadowfury) to quickly kill the adds and re-focus on Cho'gall. Makes the fight trivial to be honest.
    I like being asian :3

Deleted
    We use two tanks, two healers. We've had vastly better results with this compared to any other setup.

From what you say, I can think of a few different reasons for wipes.

First and foremost; during the last phase, you are aware of that everyone's Corrupted Blood-bar is ticking up constantly? When above 25%, remember they must be dispelled asap.

Secondly - this perhaps a result of missing the first - is the cone puke all your raid members above 50% will do. Make sure nobody is looking directly at someone else; have them turn away slightly. Healers should turn their backs around right away. Above 75% there will be an extreme increase in AoE damage and this is where you may experience instant death.

Third; never heal someone targeted by a beam. The beam decreases healing taken by a lot. This is especially true for your tanks. Make sure your Protection Warrior knows he should Shockwave/Charge/Intercept/Concussion Blow/Shield Bash/Heroic Throw if talented (If you're Horde I think both stomp and arcane torrent works?) every tentacle spawning close to the tanks.

stomp works tauren tank here. I don't know if heroic throw works since it doesn't kick but just silences.

Quote Originally Posted by Porra View Post
    Looking at the post of our latest wipe the damage taken by spell is in order:

1. Unleashed Shadows - 4.66m
    2. Attack 4.49m
    3. Corruption of the Old Gods -4.1m
    4. Flaming Destruction - 943k
    5. Debilitating Beam 501k
    6. Shadow Bolt - 426k
    7. Corrupting Crash - 421k
    8. Gall's Blast - 129k
    9. Cho's Blast 102k
    10. Blaze - 21k
    The only problem that i notice on the list is Corrupting Crash - 421k, that should be 0, since i think its from the crash the add does and it should be avoided pretty easy and also it does quite a lot of corruption.

So, instruct ppl that taking dmg from it is like standing in fire, a big no no... ^^ Yes you will say its in p1 but it increases corruption that makes p2 harder.

Umm.. Why are you asking help if you're getting him consistently to ~100k?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porra View Post
    Yup using lust to start the phase and saving CDs, although I didnt know about them doing AE where they spawn. Is it enough to kill somebody quick?
    Pop heroism/lust at 13% instead. This way it'll run out just as you die/boss dies -- thing is, you don't need hero for the first 10% of P2. You need it for the last 10%.

Once it starts getting hard to heal, chain CDS. I'd suggest your priest goes disc and once he gets to the point that you're wiping, priest pop barrier, pally uses AM, other pally uses AM, priest hymns, both paladins pop guardians. Pop them in succession and it really gets rid of some of the stress of healing it. Also make sure whatever tank isn't tanking Cho'gall when tentacle spawn is all over the adds that the dps aren't. Those are the two things that got me past those 5% wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviante View Post
    Umm.. Why are you asking help if you're getting him consistently to ~100k?
    He's asking because 100k isn't 0.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Excuse me no it isnt. I have killed it with 1 tank from our very first kill on week 3. All you do is have a melee dps taunt the boss off right before Fury and then have the maintank take it back. Its 100% doable with 1 tank and very easy. If your melee dps doesnt know how to read timers though it is hard.
    screenshot of didnt happen. still means you have a gimmped war in your raid.

OP : you interupt the eyes, but i hardly see any interupters in your raid except the bear and the prot you have some pala stuns (but they be healing) and 2mage silences on a 24s?!? cd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Pop heroism/lust at 13% instead. This way it'll run out just as you die/boss dies -- thing is, you don't need hero for the first 10% of P2. You need it for the last 10%.
    We actually pop it just as he goes into p2. He does a cast then idles a while before tentacles show up. That's a lot of "free" damage done before you have to spend too much time killing tentacles.

i would recomend 2 healers mate the second phase is over mighty fast that way.

Deleted
    Try it with 2 Healers and tank him on the throne. The tentacles will spawn in meleerange and u can AOE them down. Let 1 Tank die if u have troubles keeping him up and just raidheal, brezz if needed (or ss before).

Common Reasons why P2 Cho'gall Goes Bonkers
    Corrupted Blood Issues
    1. People are going into the phase with >40% corrupted blood. That should not happen. Avoid shadow crash, do not stand in fire, etc etc
    2. People above 50% corrupted blood are not facing away from each other.

Tentacles
    1. They are not being interrupted AND focused dps down (even melee peels off Cho'gall and dpses tentacles)
    2. Tanks (even the one with Cho'gall on him) are not helping to DPS down the tentacles. Warrior's excel here, high vengeance + a mega ton of interrupts (shockwave/conc blow/etc works) means they can solo down a tentacle. My fellow tank a paladin brings down one himself too.

If you do the above right you won't even need healing cooldowns. Pop hero in this phase as usual.
    What I said above can be seen in the video link in my sig. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by junialum; 2011-02-08 at 12:36 PM. Reason: typo clarification

Deleted
    It's not necessary to tank him on the Thron, in my 10m Raid wie did him with Two Tanks (Prot Paladin - Blood Deathknight) and two Healers (Holy Paladin - Restoration Druid) and we were just fine.
    For the entire fight we had about 90k Raiddps and we were just fine, just make sure everyone knows a 100% what to do and how to avoid stacks of the Buff.

Deleted
    What my grp does is tank chogall in the middle and kill the adds at the throne. Around 26-27% we take chogall up the stairs to the door and stack up so that all the tentacles spawn inside the wall together makeing it easy to interrupt -> cleave them.
    Been trying to talk our raid leader into going 2 healer setup but he disagrees. Our setup is Warr/Bear tanks, 2 x hpriest/hpally healers, hunter/boomkin/warr/ele/spriest dps (or mage instead of ele). Works kinda fine but we get him to p2 while the 4th add is spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    He's asking because 100k isn't 0.
    Yes but... 100k? Sounds the problem is not the tactic but the execution of the tactic.

As for suggestions, tell your priest to save manafiend for the last phase and throw dots on the boss. If no1 fails he/she should have enough mana to do that. Also, those who have corruption above 50% should stand away from the raid. Also, you can mitigate some of the damage if you have your holy paladins use auramastery to increase shadowresistance at the end.
    Last edited by Deviante; 2011-02-08 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    If the DPS is too low in p2 you will wipe, make sure that people are not vomiting on other people when they get corruption: sickness.

It would be much easier for everyone to find the problem if you had logs people could look at.

My guild runs with 3 healers and 2 tanks. We push cho'gall into p2 12 seconds after we kill the 4th add. Never had any problems doing it this way with 3 healers. irons out the damage