Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    5th add? I think your DPS is the problem...if I remember correctly, my 10man group gets to p2 as the 4th add is spawning, causing it to despawn.
    Our first kill was around 5th add spawn (but we got him to syphon before the blood formed)

Are people in your raid being careful to not puke on raid members? Anyone above 50 corruption can start puking in a frontal cone, anyone in front of them will take loads of corruption. You will wipe very quickly if not controlled.

Deleted
    Ye you want no more then 4, if you do get another one I suggest your free tank, tanks him on the side with the 2 interrupters on him and push the phase !!

We start P2 off tanking the 4th add. 3 Healers 2 Tanks.

I had a question about this phase 2 strategy where some guilds tank him literally on his throne or inside a door way to help
    AoE/cleave the tentacles. I am curious how you avoid vomiting on people when you are so clustered? Wouldn't the angle
    of your character require extreme precision in such a clustered positioning? (Just a note: I haven't done fight, but I have
    been researching it for this week's guild run.)
    Last edited by rckwow; 2011-02-08 at 04:48 PM.

My guild has been having problems with phase 2 as well. We run 2 tanks, 3 healers. Sadly, no paladin healers, so we run with shaman x 1 or 2 and priest x 1 or 2. Usually 2 priests though. Weve tried to do 2 healer, but we keep seeing 2 healers mc'd and tank deaths before stuns wear off (usually shockwave interrupt from warrior tank). Even when we dont get unlucky on both healers mc'd/tank death, our healer offspecs only do 8-10k, which isnt really much more than the warrior tank, so we still get the 5th add spawning just b4 25% and let it despawn. Cant swap out people in smaller guild, so not sitting healer for pure dps.

We usually kill adds at throne and phase 2 put chogall by the entrance as people suggest already. Weve gotten him to 5% (2 million? not sure, something lik ethat though). Tanks are in full epics save maybe 1 piece each, which is heroic blue. Healers are well geared as well. Not sure why were dying with only 2 healers if so many recommend it. No logs to share sadly, but will get them next time we do it (wednesday I think we clear to bastion).

One question I was wondering is about the tentacles. Weve been doing an assist train on one of our dps to each tentacle. Offtank on one or two while othe rtank is on chogall and tentacle if nearby (priority tentacle obvious). Should we split our dps into two groups and keep two tentacles on lockdown/killing at same time or should it just be one tentacle at a time for quicker kills? We were running with 2 dks, so easy interrupts. Also had enhance shaman with 5 sec cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    We rolled with 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps when we did it. We had about 3 wipes between 15 and 5% before we killed it. We used to pop bloodlust right at the start of phase 2, then we realized we didnt really need lust/warp at the start of p2 for the dmg or the hps. We waited for the third wave of tentacles and then used lust/warp and it worked out great.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    screenshot of didnt happen. still means you have a gimmped war in your raid.

OP : you interupt the eyes, but i hardly see any interupters in your raid except the bear and the prot you have some pala stuns (but they be healing) and 2mage silences on a 24s?!? cd
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13529&e=13953

pretty sure we had the 4rth fastest kill in the world when we killed it. Still would like to know how doing 1 tank 2 healers is gimping the raid? The 1 tank can handle chogall and the add, one melee can handle taunting the debuff really fast. There is no need for 2 tanks or 3 healers, extra dps makes for a faster kill.

have cho'gall tanked near a wall(the tank backed as far into the wall as possible) that will cause the tentacles to spawn really close to cho'gall making it somewhat easier to kill them due to them also being attacked by random aoe from tanks, aside from that i cant really help you other than have your healers step up abit we always have some people with more than 50% corruption and we still manage to down cho'gall albeit with a few casualties if people screw up too much of the shadow crash or add interupting.

Would like to thank OP for making this post, and everyone contributing. We used the "Tank him on the throne" tactic suggested and killed him on our 2nd go, after wiping for a night yesterday.
    Thanks guys ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13529&e=13953

pretty sure we had the 4rth fastest kill in the world when we killed it. Still would like to know how doing 1 tank 2 healers is gimping the raid? The 1 tank can handle chogall and the add, one melee can handle taunting the debuff really fast. There is no need for 2 tanks or 3 healers, extra dps makes for a faster kill.
    We tried this, but fury gets out of sync with DBM (sometimes he'll cast add first, sometimes he will mc, then add, then fury, etc). So the dps taunter had to taunt b4 the cooldown ended and would either get stomped or taunt would be late and tank gets stack. How exactly were you doing it? The taunt dps ended up with horrid dps for the few tries we got by one or two furies due to having to be off to the side waiting to taunt every other minute. How do you deal with fury + mc'd taunter (weve had mc cast on the taunter and fury cast just afterwards while he's stunned for 2 or 3 seconds)?

We interupt the mced taunter....... and we use DXE for timers, at least on chogall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the priest go shadow.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

We had the *exact* same problem with our guild. We were trying 2 tanks (paladin & warrior) and 3 heals (druid, priest, paladin).

We switched to 2 tanks and 2 heals (druid went boomkin). Then we had an issue with priest & paladin running out of mana. So, then we checked our tanks and made sure they had enough mitigation stats, etc. Corrected some reforging and gemming on their part. Then, I switched to a spirit flask Your holy priest's prayer of healing will be magical in phase 2. I went from a quarter behind the paladin in healing on phase 1 to a quarter ahead in phase 2 from PoH. As long as I was at 40% mana and/or had my fiend and divine hymn still up for phase 2, we were golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Porra View Post
    [...]
    7. Corrupting Crash - 421k
    [...]
    421k?????? And you still have no idea why you are dying? That's like hunting down every single shadowcrash missile! Check your corruption as you enter P2. Ideally you want everyone to have NONE. But at least make sure nobody's past 25% (easy to check if you are a healer as you'll notice every person passing the 25% mark, they gain a debuff that you dispel).

When tanking him on the throne. How does one handle all the fires and such on the ground? Our tanks died pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Uffman View Post
    When tanking him on the throne. How does one handle all the fires and such on the ground? Our tanks died pretty quick.
    they use their brains, and adjust the bosses position :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp7H6Mn--EY
    video i made of my guilds kill on him

Okay so here's our problem, we DPS Cho'gall down to 25% and into Phase 2 with >30 seconds left before the 5th add even spawns, and everything in the raid is below 20% Insanity. We go into Phase 2, Everythings rocking until around 2mil HP and we die from all the insane damage.... I dunno whats going on, any phase 2 tips to help us. This is the 4th night of countless <100k wipes.

Edit: Raid Comp

Fire Mage x2
    Surv Hunt
    Demo Lock
    Ret Pally

Prot War
    Bear Drood

Holy Priest
    Holy Pally
    Holy Pally
    BEsides the hunter it doesnt looke like you have much in the way of slowing the adds, but with 4 ranged you should be able to kill him faster. We have been running 2 melee 4 ranged 2 healers (hpreist Hpally) and its gone way better than with 3 healers. Have one holy pal go ret. Hope he has his offspec up to date.

My guild is having issues with fire patches spawning while we're moving Cho'gall up the throne. Last time we moved him after p2 started the tentacles spawned before we could get him up the throne. Any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyash View Post
    My guild is having issues with fire patches spawning while we're moving Cho'gall up the throne. Last time we moved him after p2 started the tentacles spawned before we could get him up the throne. Any suggestions?
    We have our tank move him before he hits p2 and that's worked for us everytime.

Okay so here's our problem, we DPS Cho'gall down to 25% and into Phase 2 with >30 seconds left before the 5th add even spawns, and everything in the raid is below 20% Insanity. We go into Phase 2, Everythings rocking until around 2mil HP and we die from all the insane damage.... I dunno whats going on, any phase 2 tips to help us. This is the 4th night of countless <100k wipes.

Edit: Raid Comp

Fire Mage x2
    Surv Hunt
    Demo Lock
    Ret Pally

Prot War
    Bear Drood

Holy Priest
    Holy Pally
    Holy Pally
    Just by looking at this all you would have to do is have your mage spellsteal after the 3rd or 4th add depending on what kind of dps he has. Spellsteal the add get 100% corruption(put a soulstone on him + have him save lock candy).

He can spam pyroblast with 100% more dmg and instant casts. An he will push the boss into phase 3 dpsing as if hes 3 dps instead of 1. Which makes it very easy to 3heal an have no dps issues. Bloodlust right before phase 2. He will die during phase two cause he cant be healed. He uses soulstone + candy Evocates an then timewarps for himself. Burn boss down.