Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    did shadow fang keep today, destro spec, ilvl 357 avg, did around 13-15k dps on bosses, have to note it was a very bad group buff wise, 2 dps warriors priest healer and dk tank. i had no side buffs at all.
    BETA CLUB

Well I'm doing about 14.3k on dummies as demo, about the same as destro. Will have to see tonight whether or not I gain/lose anything.

from raiding bwd last night, numbers for both my specs (demo/destro) went down. im not understanding how you guys are seeing an increase. gonna figure it out today, however it could be you guys just not missing cd's or something with the new slower (missing 15%haste) playstyle.

demo dropped alot on maloriak, aoe is no where near where it was. single target dps dropped at least 800 dps for me.

destro dropped 1-2k dps from what i normally do.
    ill work on it today and seee what i find, ill post once i do.

heres what I got last night

Valion & Theralion-destro-18.7k
    Ascendant Council-demo with Succi-14.3k-I ran this set up just to try it out, destro is better for this fight
    Conclave-demo with Succi, then FG-12.2k-numbers are a bit off here had to switch to adds after first changeover due to a melee death
    Magmaw-demo with FG-21k
    Omnitron-destro-13k
    Maloriak-demo-23k

Demo seems to be running about the same, maybe even a bit higher. Destro was higher on the dragons but lower on Omnitron, prob just me getting used to the haste changes

I can honestly say I have no complaints, ISF is easy to keep up now and they fixed the HOG bug already. Good patch so far

Target dummy numbers with moonkin in party for haste buff.

Affliction - 13.75 (with succy)
    Destruction - 16.5

355 Ilvl, ~2050 haste, 13% crit, 11.33 mastery, hit capped.

From my own tests, and looking at TobiasX's numbers to confirm it.

On test dummies, Affliction will be substantially behind Destro by 2-3k. However, this is test dummy only. Affliction has a significant DPS boost when boss <25%. This is where you will see the numbers fall closer in line with the EJ simcraft numbers (Aff 1k less than Destro).

Hi.
    I saw a bit increase of my personal dps.
    But i still have to change some items or stats.
    I made some Simcraft and at least 3 items i have to change, i have those on my bag.
    Only Normal gear.

Magmaw: 25.3k
    Omnotron: 26.5k
    Maloriak: 23.5k
    Atramedes: 20.9k
    Chimaeron: 15.9k - This one i went Affliction, wrong rotation, etc. PS: Don't use affliction! :P

w ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/w785ybzstx5f8oc6/
    Last edited by StephanJoosen; 2011-02-09 at 02:23 PM.

dummy and heroic dps doesn't really matter at this point so there's no use posting them... things scale so much in raids and u hit haste and other thresholds with raid buffs that really effects ur dps.. there are a lot of factors which can marginally boost ur dps in raids as well such as movement and adds so it's only really worth comparing it fight by fight in a raid environment with full buffs (imo)

anyway for our 25man, i tried demo for a few fights last night and destro for a few others... i ended up actually seeing a pretty decent dps increase as destro on a couple of fights since last week... demo single target also seems to have gotten a decent buff, while affliction took a huge hit (the other lock in our raid was afflic for chim this week and last and i saw around a 1k drop, but it could just be rng from that fight so who knows)

as for aoe demo seemed to have gotten hit really hard... i lost around 1-2k dps on heroic halfus and we killed it faster this week than last (it could be because they changed the mechanics of the fight though, making us kill 3 drakes before killing the boss instead of 2, and also bc he now gets the dmg buff after a drake dies not when its released) we also tried a couple attempts on h maloriak and my dps seemed to be a lot lower than many of the ones currently posted (granted, we didnt kill him, but we did go through a full phase rotation, black-red-blue-green) so it seems the felstorm and immo aura dmg nerf has really effected demo

sadly i was affliction last week for the majority of the fights since it was our first time killing heroic chim and i wanted to be the highest single target spec :\ so i dont have a lot of fights to compare... i will probably test out afflic next week... anyway if anyone's interested:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kgewywz42o1qe0h5/

(im sabs btw, in the logs)

also not sure if i'm allowed to post links here, if not sorry i'll take it down!

ps druids are op
    Last edited by Sabaka; 2011-02-09 at 02:29 PM.

The captured drakes in this encounter now apply Dragon's Vengeance when they are killed instead of when they are freed. To account for this change, the health and damage of the drakes has been reduced, and the damage bonus gained from Dragon's Vengeance has been increased.
    No more meter padding.

Anyway, I'm playing demo tonight because we don't have our mage/shammy. I'll try to comment on how my dps changes but I highly doubt I'll be able to give anything concrete because our strat/raid setup changes week by week so my dps numbers are never consistent because my assignments often change on particular fights (and RNG, such as Omnitron).

10+ Year Old Account
    I was affliction pre-patch, so I'm still getting used to going back destro, but my dps has remained pretty stable. (I also raided with a 2k ping last night and am figuring that in too.) I'm guessing it'll go up a little bit when I tighten up my playing over the next week or so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Peachy here. But I only have Demo experience to speak of.

R.I.P. YARG

16-something on a 10man Argoloth as demo with Succ. Hit shadowflame on CD, DI was on an Spriest (which may have helped a bit). Found it much easier to roll Immolate with the longer duration and not having to pay attention to ISF. Had fun, as opposed to frustration, as demo for the first time since ICC. Only barely lost to the Spriest too.

Deleted
    Demonology is doing fine.

BWD as testing grounds and I have to say I really like what I saw. I'm about 1,5k - 2k DPS higher compared to Pre-4.0.6.
    Not having to cast Soul Fire and the additional points in Shadow & Flame (+ Demon Soul Succubus) make your Shadow Bolts actually quiet nice.
    Loving Demonology even more right now . <3

Affliction single target is dead, its ok on multi-target adds
    Destro is ok
    Demo is actualy fun but aoeing with it isnt anymore.

Apart from the Shadowpriets being totaly OP, compared to other classes we are ok I guess.

Deleted
    Did BH a few hours ago after respeccing but before regemming/enchanting etc and got 15.5k DPS and a full 5% higher than the second place Mage in dmg done.

Demo with the Felguard out and no flask but sagefish foodbuff and a few raid buffs.

It's about 2k higher than I was pre patch, only gear that changed was my Darkmoon Card: Volcano. Doubt it's responsible for such a hike on it's own. I found not having to refresh ISF made the rotation much less clunky so I was keeping everything up with very few mistakes.

Won't let me post a link as I'm a noob, Miffed at Stormrage EU for armoury.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do demo locks feel about succy being the highest dps now? As the one spec I haven't played since cata, I feel like I'd be miffed to give up my felguard.

24k on Twin Dargons, 19k on Atramedes, 25k on Magmaw, 22k on Omno. Everything seems to be the same if not better.

I haven't noticed any noticeable dps loss that much. I did 18.1 on Argaloth last night which is around the same as I normally do.

is the warlock 4 pc worth to get guys?

Affliction single target (and generally but it is most apparent with solo encounters) is down and the loss of the ISF haste is more noticeable than I anticipated it would be. That being the case I did manage 47.9k on our guild's first kill of Heroic Halfus 10 tonight(http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...=10927&e=11244) which seems reasonable and I plan to try Affliction for Heroic Maloriak as well.

Destruction is as good or better than what I saw pre-4.06. I posted personal bests (and ranked highly) on a couple encounters, some sloppiness notwithstanding (didn't realize that ISF stacks now with Bloodlust until the end of the night, etc). As it stands Destruction seems like the goto raid spec for most encounters with Demonology still very strong on add heavy fights and slightly buffed single target.