Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Soul fire always up??

Now that its a intel bonus , is it a must as destro to have it up at all times ?

# Improved Soul Fire now increases Fire and Shadow damage done by 4/8%, rather than 7/15% spell haste. In addition, this talent has been moved to tier-3 Destruction, switching places with Aftermath.
    Unless I'm miss-reading, it isn't an intellect(?) bonus, but either way, 8% damage is pretty nice I'd say.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    no u are correct, i jus posted it wrong...but basically im wondering if it should still be up at all times

Yessir, Improved Soul Fire must always be up for a solid damage increase, all that changed is the fact that you don't need to save your instant soul fire procs (from your imp) to renew the buff anymore, since there is no longer an internal cooldown. The buff is basically 8% DAMAGE since all of your damage is fire/shadow, and by the looks of that, its pretty good
    Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrons View Post
    no u are correct, i jus posted it wrong...but basically im wondering if it should still be up at all times
    Yes, always keep it up. Just as before, it will be easier being able to re-apply it after 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quela View Post
    Yes, always keep it up. Just as before, it will be easier being able to re-apply it after 6 seconds.
    They removed the 6 sec ICD so anytime you cast Soulfire it will renew it to its full duration.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

You will do 8% more damage with this spell up. It's a no brainer.

Deleted
    actually... it is not a no brainer.

it maybe an 8% damage buff, but it is a 2.6 (for me) second cast. In the same time you can get 1 and a bit of a second incinerate. I will be doing some testing myself and get back to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by mawrok View Post
    actually... it is not a no brainer.

it maybe an 8% damage buff, but it is a 2.6 (for me) second cast. In the same time you can get 1 and a bit of a second incinerate. I will be doing some testing myself and get back to ya.
    No, it really is a nobrainer.

It's 8% increased damage to your immolate, corruption, bane of doom, incinerate, chaos bolt, and your soul fire when you're refreshing it.

You WILL keep this up.