Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Ahh sorry, had it down for all damage you dealt. Single target damage would surely include dots on multiple targets though, such as immolate/corruption, no? In which case multi dotting and aoeing will provide a good chunk of healing.
    no, it wont. go throw just your dots on 2-3 or 3-4 dummies. check your dps. now take 3% of that. gg

gotta love non-warlocks posting "ya, derp use drain life, it will heal you to full. y u lox so bad?"
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-02-09 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it include dots? I thought the tooltip said direct damage spells. Confirmation please! I'm at work

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Does it include dots? I thought the tooltip said direct damage spells. Confirmation please! I'm at work
    For "direct dmg" the game always intend nuke spells.

Direct Damage=DD
    Damage Over Time=DoT

So,you got heal from initial immolate, and not for the dot dmg of it.
    Last edited by volrat; 2011-02-09 at 02:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28176

Single target includes dots. It includes any spell that damages a single target.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=28176

Single target includes dots. It includes any spell that damages a single target.
    Sorry, didnt read the tooltip till now, its "single target" and not "direct dmg" so, yes,it will heal for any caste dot...now i wonder...SB:SoC corruptions will count as single target spell??

facepalm. I hope that you guy's miss understanding the tooltip are not primary English speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    no, it wont. go throw just your dots on 2-3 or 3-4 dummies. check your dps. now take 3% of that. gg

gotta love non-warlocks posting "ya, derp use drain life, it will heal you to full. y u lox so bad?"
    Stop being an ass over a simple mis-read of a tooltip. I'll be testing it properly when eu realms are up tomorrow.

facepalm. I hope that you guy's miss understanding the tooltip are not primary English speakers
    Hope you aren't either with that grammar.

In heroics, my personal (not including demon) DPS on non-AOE fights tends to hang right around 8k (I'm still in mostly 346). That's 480 health per second, or 2400 hp/5. The old version (with Demonic Aegis) healed 4% of my health (currently right around 120k) per 5 seconds, or 4800 hp/5. So it's a hefty nerf (cutting my self-healing in half), but not a fatal one.

The bigger problem is with solo AOE grinding. Over the course of a 30-second AOE-fest, I was getting back a free 30k health that I simply won't be getting any more. Fortunately, I was successfully AOE grinding when I had 90k hit points and far lower AOE DPS, so I don't think it's going to be any problem to have 30k less health per fight, when I have a static 40k more health going into them. It just means using Soul Harvest after each AOE pull instead of after every third or fourth, which means slowing down my AOE grinding by, what, 5%? Less?

Honestly. 1k health regen per second was more than a little OP. 500 health per second in combat isn't any too shabby, and Warlocks have excellent out-of-combat health regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowse View Post
    In heroics, my personal (not including demon) DPS on non-AOE fights tends to hang right around 8k (I'm still in mostly 346). That's 480 health per second, or 2400 hp/5. The old version (with Demonic Aegis) healed 4% of my health (currently right around 120k) per 5 seconds, or 4800 hp/5. So it's a hefty nerf (cutting my self-healing in half), but not a fatal one.

The bigger problem is with solo AOE grinding. Over the course of a 30-second AOE-fest, I was getting back a free 30k health that I simply won't be getting any more. Fortunately, I was successfully AOE grinding when I had 90k hit points and far lower AOE DPS, so I don't think it's going to be any problem to have 30k less health per fight, when I have a static 40k more health going into them. It just means using Soul Harvest after each AOE pull instead of after every third or fourth, which means slowing down my AOE grinding by, what, 5%? Less?

Honestly. 1k health regen per second was more than a little OP. 500 health per second in combat isn't any too shabby, and Warlocks have excellent out-of-combat health regen.
    I completely agree that in heroics and raids and such this nerf will have minimal impact (will impact nonetheless). However, we are one of the few classes that during pvp will not be self healing that much. (hunters and mages are the other but they just became very powerful). Pretty much every other class has sufficient self healing. I may cut back on arena until the next patch (or hopefully hotfix)

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post

Hope you aren't either with that grammar.
    Reading comprehension /=/ grammar?

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT VAMPIRIC EMBRACE????. SPRIEST /=/ WARLOCK christ... absorbs + actual heals vs pet and soul harvest. must be the same class amirite?
    I went to playing my affliction spec because demo loses too much hp going from one mob to the next. to the point that I feel the need to soul harvest between every 1-2 mobs. and thats with 360 avg ilvl.
    You Raging Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Cause we can just flash heal ourselves and be full HP again.
    And then be oom.

Quote Originally Posted by Phage0070 View Post
    The big question is:

Does a given warlock spell deal enough damage that 3% of that multiplied by 1.2 equal or exceed its mana cost?

If it does, Fel Armor results in overall healing. If not, warlocks trend toward death.
    A) I lol'd
    B) (on topic) what is the conclusion? I havent had a chance to get on and test it yet.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

Quote Originally Posted by mawrok View Post
    However, we are one of the few classes that during pvp will not be self healing that much.
    I think a more useful and accurate title for this thread might well be "Fel Armor's healing is completely useless for PvP." And I wouldn't even necessarily argue with that.

But I think it might be a good thing. Specifically--I think that Blizzard's intent is that players should use Fel Armor for (most) PvE, and Demon Armor for (most) PvP. Which kind of makes sense to me. Now, in order for that to work, they might need to buff Demon Armor further--but if the main effect of this change is to encourage Warlocks to use Demon Armor for PvP, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Now you feel a Shadow Priest's pain when we got VE nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Why on earth were you relying on Fel Armor for self-healing? It's called Drain Life. It's been around since patch 1.0 aka Launch. Use it

Or Spec Affliction and never worry about health again.
    because i use drain life as destruction... oh wait.

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Now you feel a Shadow Priest's pain when we got VE nerfed.
    spriests can still heal though cant they?
    10k+ flash heals, renew, bubble, prayer of mending

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowse View Post
    I think a more useful and accurate title for this thread might well be "Fel Armor's healing is completely useless for PvP." And I wouldn't even necessarily argue with that.

But I think it might be a good thing. Specifically--I think that Blizzard's intent is that players should use Fel Armor for (most) PvE, and Demon Armor for (most) PvP. Which kind of makes sense to me. Now, in order for that to work, they might need to buff Demon Armor further--but if the main effect of this change is to encourage Warlocks to use Demon Armor for PvP, that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    Agreed. Not so long ago .. like a month ago.. when I was a nublet at pvp I was rolling around with demon armour on. I was like.. "more healing when you are healed.. sounds good"

It just naturally felt like the way to go with pvp. However, I soon came to realise fel armour was better :P. If you were going to pop a healthstone, just change armour, use and go back to fel armour for the passive regen. So if they could buff demon armour it could easily be the pvp armour of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    And then be oom.
    casue 2 flash heals uses all 80k+ mana

Fel armor is still awesome,

For affliction in pvp its more than enough. For destro with Bane of Havoc, it do the job. For demonology, ... emm i dont play demo someone know if its ok?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    casue 2 flash heals uses all 80k+ mana
    2 flash heals heal for ~20k, far from the usual 120k healthpool.