Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I see you are enjoying playing Wrath of the Lich King, have you considered trying the new expansion called Cataclysm where one Flash Heal will give you about 8-10% of your health back, costs a ton of mana and makes you drop Shadowform so you take 15% more damage.
    you have the option of doing that, we don't have the option of doing less damage for a few gcd's to stop ourselves dying

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    you have the option of doing that, we don't have the option of doing less damage for a few gcd's to stop ourselves dying
    Drain Life.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Drain Life.
    only affliction ever casts drain life
    and affliction normally uses demon armor anyway, so the point of nerfing fel armor was pointless for that

Priests, stay on your own forum. The change to Fel Armor is crap, it is completely useless 'selfhealing' - there is no point to it at all. It is an awful change. At least YOU have the option to drop shadowform and heal and also bubble up.

Warlock abilities are so limited and situational, you can bubble with your voidwalker, but when do you really have your voidwalker out when you need it?
    Now our survivability has been shot down unless we are Affliction spec'd which is still overpowered selfhealing.

Deleted
    I'm getting pretty annoyed by all these non warlocks who think everyone plays affliction in pvp and that this change is not a big deal. It IS a big deal for demo and destro because we don't have dots that heal passive (Corruption), we don't use drain life, we don't have Haunt etc. To be honest demo really has nothing to use except healthstone and deatcoil which both have a very long cooldown and 1 time use. Destro has Soul Leech but that is far from ideal either because it only works on 3 spells, of those 3 you can only use 1 below 20% enemy hp (Shadowburn) and 1 other one has a really long cast time (Soul Fire) which unless used in conjunction with Soulburn you won't get off in normal pvp.

So long story short imo demo and destro are being screwed by the amazing self healing that affliction has

Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade View Post
    So warlocks will need a healer to sustain themselves now? Interesting. Welcome to any other class in the game.
    Self healing isnt part of your arsenal for success. Please leave troll.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Sorry, didnt read the tooltip till now, its "single target" and not "direct dmg" so, yes,it will heal for any caste dot...now i wonder...SB:SoC corruptions will count as single target spell??
    SoC is an AoE, not a single target spell so the answer might be obvious.

Deleted
    would you like it if you needed to drop shadowform to, I dunno, use mind sear?
    because at the moment, demonology's aoe hurts them as well as the enemies, and they have NO way of getting that HP back, due to it being aoe damage and not single target.
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-02-09 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    stop qqing :S you still got drain life and a hh ?
    what the do hunter have ? wouw a 6k heal will that save my life?

Im adding this cause my point was missed in the next post. All the warlocks QQing right now dont understand how it works So sorry for the double post.

The problem most locks are seeing is the low target = low heal. But on the other hand aff will jump high for this with the dot tab method and demo will jump from this with hellfire method. Dont tell me you wont. Yesterday patch day I decided to go do tol barad. We were on assault. We got 2 bases and went for Slag works. Horde had holed up in there to defend from us. They stacked on the flag and there was about 20 people on it. I poped meta, hit immo aura, and demonic leap right into the middle. As soon as I landed I threw up hellfire. The aoe was insane and fel armor went ape shit. They could not hit me hard enough to hurt me. Granted I have 2300+ resilience (not epic just decent) and I think I had a healer but 20 people vs 1 lock channleing 2 aoe's still made for some niiice self heals. After 7 of them died the self heal died down enough I ran out of there and started using fear dot and hand on them all.

ADDED
    Also as for down time and self heals. Suck it up and use your soul harvest it heals 17k a tick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Self healing isnt part of your arsenal for success. Please leave troll.
    Wait what? That does't make any sense... My arsenal? I'm talking about locks, not myself. GG?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by charnyl View Post
    SoC is an AoE, not a single target spell so the answer might be obvious.
    not as obvious, the spell ID of the corruption left over is identical to regular corruption's
    so with that AoE, you've also multidotted everything that was hit

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fenixblade View Post
    Wait what? That does't make any sense... My arsenal? I'm talking about locks, not myself. GG?
    then GTFO
    we don't like trolls, or non-locks here, ESPECIALLY both

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=AdamG3691;10392172]not as obvious, the spell ID of the corruption left over is identical to regular corruption's
    so with that AoE, you've also multidotted everything that was hit[COLOR="red"]

I realize something new everyday, it might be time to look at my aff pvp spec again. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Deleted
    Lets put it this way - warlocks had fel armor which was sufficient to heal themselves for life tap AND damage taken from other sources. Now its put back into place and is used to compensate life tap only. So it becomes still usable in PvE, and in-line balanced in PvP.

Before nerf it was like in PvP you do 120K to a warlock, and he does around the same to you, but the diference is that at the end of fight warlock was still at 100% hp while you are dead. So devs just took off the overpower part which made you heal up any dmg taken, so you stop relying on just 1 passive ability, and start using all the rest of arsenal you got.

"Only affli uses drain life" says it all.

only affliction ever casts drain life
    So you mean you do have the option of lowering your damage to stop yourself dying, but don't want to.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.