Deleted

Holy mechanics in raids

Hey there, Im looking for some info about the healing mechanics/spells to use of the Holy Priests for 10 men raiding, so if someone have some spare time or kind enough to link to any other thread =)

Thank you very much!

Deleted
    First of all, any specific boss?

Dont spam Flash light. Spam HEAL. Depending on the fight/phase you choose Chakra: Heal or Chakra: PoM/PoH.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Altramedes, Use your PW: S on the person targeted if you have Body and Soul spec'd, and use your life grip wisely.
    If you have a pala tank, co-ordinate your Guardian Spirit with him using LoH, nothing worse than a wasted cool down.
    Try and stay in Chakra-single traget (god im terrible with names). As this means that if you have a renew on your target, your single target heals will refresh your renew.
    Try and keep a renew rolling on the tank at all times, it just acts as a bufer, and can be pretty handy.
    LIGHTWELL. Get people to use it, and make sure its in an appropriete place.
    Use PoM on cooldown on the tank.
    And Circle of healing when its off CD and people need topping up a little.

(apologies for spelling, English is my native language however im on my iphone so typing is a bit gash.)

Deleted
    Very kind for your answers!!
    Anyway I meant more like "how to heal with a holy priest", Im not priest myself but want to help a guildie...I want to understand the mechanics not a particular fight, that why I asked for a sire or someone with spare time^^

Anyway thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    It pretty much boils down to:
    For 10 man stay mostly in Chakra: Serenity (few exceptions)
    - Renew on the tank(s), always.
    - One person is hurt, not going to die soon --> top of with Heal
    - One person is hurt, took a lot of damage, not going to die soon --> Use Greater Heal
    - Someone took damage, close to dying --> Flash Heal or Holy Word: Serenity
    - You and someone else took damage --> Binding Heal
    - A party has took damage --> Prayer of Healing
    - Light AoE Damage, or you're on the move --> Circle of Haling
    - Your tank or someone else extremely vital is about to die in 2 seconds --> Guardian Spirit

I'm pretty sure I forgot a lot of stuff. Holy Priests have a large number of spells and healing raids isn't as easy to explain as healing heroics. But as long as you aren't spamming Flash Heal you should be fine.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Sweet Thank you very much!

Also if the whole raid is damaged and the priests its asigned to healing the raid role?He should change to Sanctuary? and heal fast with...?

Thank you!
    Last edited by mmocf8e1c3be1c; 2011-02-09 at 10:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulz View Post
    Sweet Thank you very much!

Also if the whole raid is damaged and the priests its asigned to healing the raid role?He should change to Sanctuary? and heal fast with...?

Thank you!
    If you need to heal a whole raid fast they should stack, you should go into chakra: sanctuary, put sanctuary under the stack, use PoM on cooldown, use CoH on cooldown and spam Prayer of Healing. This will drain your mana fast so it can only be used in specific situations where raidwide high HPS is needed.

You should actually only put Sanctuary (the spell) out just before the damage goes out, and wind up your first Prayer just as it goes out.
    Sanctuary as a spell isn't meant to replace one of your prayers, only complement them. Its strong healing is pretty weak on every individual target when it's out, but it helps hold people up until larger heals start landing (or between them).

Mending should be going out not on cooldown, but whenever it's gone (or cast again when it lands on a pet. Stupid felguards). You should always have one active. Circle is now an awesome spell to be casting whenever you are dealing with raid damage. It's still not worth it if three people are missing a little bit of health, and aren't in any danger of dying any time soon.

Your number 1 tool should be Prayer of Healing now. Except unlike before where it could potentially be 60+% of your healing done, it's now about 45-ish (counting the glyph).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Thank you very much for the help guys!

to be able to "spam" PoH what mana pool/mp5 should I have for 10 men raid.
    Last edited by mmocf8e1c3be1c; 2011-02-09 at 03:39 PM.