Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Advice: If you want 10 man HC to be tuned close enough to how 25 man is, be on PTR for the 10 man normal modes and esp for the heroic modes tests. It's the only way Blizzard gets enough feedback to tune decently enough to not have to overnerf.
    Internal testing tends to miss some glaring bugs just because the testers know exactly how the mechanics work (may sound stupid but I've had it happen a ton with my tests on my own software) and subconsciously avoid being stupid with the encounter. A raider will always be stupid with it - either by trying to not die on a wipe or simply trying to get the most info possible out of the tries.

10 man has a good chance to get a much much better next tier if they have guilds testing the encounters, like the top 25 man guilds do. Add some top guilds forming and getting their own strats (not basing on the 25 man videos) and launching videos and 10 man hardcore guilds should start developing nicely.

some people want it like wrath of the lich king :S

which is sad yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Overall pleased with the changes. Simple things as interrupting doesn't require certain classes anymore in 10-man versions. Magmaw seems reasonable now when you actually can kill the constructs.

But heck, am I the only one baffled with the change to Halfus Wyrmbreaker?

I do not know how to approach the heroic encounter now.
    Is seems that drakes will still disable/modify Halfus abilites on release, only thing that is changed is application of dmg debuff on Halfus, only thing that this will prevent is letting some drakes just being offtanked while zerging Halfus, you will need to kill all drakes to apply dmg debuff on boss.
    So for example releasing Storm Rider will make S. Nova interruptible and when killed, will apply Dragon Vengeance on Halfus, instead of applying it when released.
    Last edited by mmoc16a8f9d66b; 2011-02-09 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Is seems that drakes will still disable/modify Halfus abilites on release, only thing that is changed is application of dmg debuff on Halfus, only thing that this will prevent is letting some drakes just being offtanked while zerging Halfus, you will need to kill all drakes to apply dmg debuff on boss.
    So for example releasing Storm Rider will make S. Nova interruptible and when killed, will apply Dragon Vengeance on Halfus, instead of applying it when released.
    It is a very needed change. Mages and Disc Priest were ridiculously overpowered. If they now reduced the damage and health of the drakes it makes the encounter more playable without mages/priests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenx View Post
    Ah, so that's how it is. So in order to make Disc less viable they make the entire encounter a lot easier? /shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This just doesn't make sense. Because YOU killed them means nothing about the playerbase. 700 guilds in 3/13 HMs mean NOTHING compared to 12 million players.
    There are only around 6 million player with Cata.

BTT i wonder why blizzard nerf them but ok no problem here, but they should nerf the bosses who are unkillable too.
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Ah, so that's how it is. So in order to make Disc less viable they make the entire encounter a lot easier? /shrug
    It's not only about Disc healing. It's about combustion sharing. It's about zerging the boss while offtanking all the dragons all the time (you'll find WoL Log of HC kills slightly more than 3 minutes), which is possible by clever CD usage.

I haven't done the new Halfus (25) HC yet. But I expect him to be different. Less chaotic. Probably easier.

Deleted
    Get on with it, it's not as if 6/13 is impressive. This was obviously going to get nerfed it happens in every instance, how did you not see this coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Heyo View Post
    I must say this is a huge dissapointment, overall Catac was the expansion worth waiting for.

So why, why nerf the Heroic raid bosses that we alrdy downed? I don't get it.

Why on earth would you nerf maloriak when he's the third boss you go for and loads of guild alrdy killed him before this lolish nerf. just makes our hours of progression sting like hell.

Currently have 6/13 hc in 10man and of these like 4 is getting nerfed it just makes me feel owned, forcing us to progress for those awesome attempts then just piss on us and let the newly arrived guilds kill them with less difficulties. Not only do they kill them with less problems due to nerfs they also seem to drop comments on how easy the Heroic mode were, and all you can do then is to *SIGH*

Maybe it's me overreacting, what do you guys think?

And eventually you'll quite the game, it will die, like every other games in the world, and whatever progression you did will be ABSOLUTELY meaningless.

It's there to enjoy while you do it, you're not supposed to keep nostalgic memories of dead dragons, real life is there for a reason.

So yeah, you're overreacting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadyy View Post
    Get on with it, it's not as if 6/13 is impressive. This was obviously going to get nerfed it happens in every instance, how did you not see this coming...
    6/13 in 10 man makes you world rank 5-20
    And its only 2 bosses away from all killable 10 man bosses.
    QQ about nerfs are still silly
    Last edited by Florentzia; 2011-02-09 at 04:42 PM.
    German player, sorry for bad grammar.

Some of the nerfs were needed. Considering that Blizzard doesn't allow you to kite the Magmaw constructs any more and reduced their HP they were always meant to be killed. They had the same amount of HP on 10 as they did 25. 10man is still tuned very hard right now regardless of most of the recent nerfs.

If you're 6/13 heroic modes you're not the norm. The average raider has much less down, especially in 10 mans. You're overreacting.

Not to mention, if you really were that advanced as a heroic mode guild you'd know blizzard nerfs bosses slightly after the best guilds in the world clear content. They've done this for a while now and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is unkillable? Paragon killed them all [in 25man].
    4 guilds have 7/13 in 10man in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florentzia View Post
    6/13 in 10 man makes you world rank 5-20
    And its only 2 bosses away from all killable 10 man bosses.
    QQ about nerfs are still silly
    Yea I am in a guild with 6/13 HC in 10 man, it wasn't difficult nothing to brag about still.

Deleted
    we have only had 3-4 lockouts so far in my group, so the only heroic boss we've killed is Halfus. Killed him the day before patch, and he was at least a challenge then on 10m. Now he's a joke really :/, so I kind of agree with OP. Nerfing already pretty doable bosses, and keeping the imbalanced ones as they are feels very strange to me.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-02-09 at 11:49 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Magmaw wasn't really killable before they changed the fight. Council is doable now because we don't have to deal with 2 targets per gravity crush (LOL that was fun...) V&T are doable but still rely on rng heavily. I would say most of the fights that were unkillable pre patch have been fixed now. If more changes are needed down the road, they'll do something about it.

Magmaw was definitely doable pre 4.0.6, imo people just lacked the skill.

www . youtube.com/watch?v=tmNGNwsp0z8

Deleted
    Atleast they should wait with the nerfs :<

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    Magmaw was definitely doable pre 4.0.6, imo people just lacked the skill.
    So I guess I was uber-skilled for killing him on 25 man, not like those 10 man n00bz, eh? Or is it simply because 4 people in 25 man dealing with skeletons/parasites still leaves 80% of your raid to deal with boss? Naaaw. Besides, it's not really that much easier on 25 - maybe for kiters, but entire raid is involved into dealing with adds now.