Archaeology digsite spawn changed?

Been doing archaeology for 2h tonight. Done EK only. At start I had 1 troll, 2 fossil and 1 dwarf up, had 4 other trolls in these 2 hours, rest are fossil or dwarf.
    Now to the strange thing. Fossil almost always turns into another fossil digsite. And dwarf into dwarf.

Same for anyone else? :S

If this change is intended (and if it is even a change, as a start), then you cant focus on flying extra long to get the digsite of your choise, to focus. You will probably end up having only those you don't want, after a while (this is what I did when I started out today).

If this is a change, then best way to focus on something would probably to be to always take the one closest to you, no matter what.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish the fossils would change into something more useful instead :/

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Wish the fossils would change into something more useful instead :/
    Guess we all are (turned 3k fossils into 2400 gold, so not to bad).

But have you done any archaeology? And have same problem as I do?

---------- Post added 2011-02-09 at 10:13 PM ----------

Finally got a troll (after a fossil). And that one spawned a troll, and that troll also spawned a troll. At least I see a pattern here. Will see tomorrow again, to bloody angry with this so I logged.

Deleted
    There has been some change I believe. Tonight whilst farming I've had a Nerubian digsite in Eastern Plaguelands. No I don't have "Proof" or images etc, but I got a spawn at "Terrorweb Tunnel Digsite" in EPL which turned out, suprisingly to be Nerubian which I thought was limited to Northrend only.

Was this around before?

Quote Originally Posted by Davesmason View Post
    There has been some change I believe. Tonight whilst farming I've had a Nerubian digsite in Eastern Plaguelands. No I don't have "Proof" or images etc, but I got a spawn at "Terrorweb Tunnel Digsite" in EPL which turned out, suprisingly to be Nerubian which I thought was limited to Northrend only.

Was this around before?
    I have never seen it and I have 2x 525 archaeology characters. But it makes sense, why they add one over there.

Deleted
    I think they have changed it slightly I had a nerubian dig site in epl that i havent coem across b4

i hope the patch has given us more tolvir, thats the only race i need rares from and i have gotten a tolvir site once.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i hope the patch has given us more tolvir, thats the only race i need rares from and i have gotten a tolvir site once.
    5 new Tol'vir dig sites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devwar View Post
    5 new Tol'vir dig sites.
    All still in Uldum?

All still in Uldum?
    I'd guess most likely. Only place related to Tol'vir.

Was this around before?
    There are 2 new nerubian dig sites in EK, also additional Tol'vir sites in Uldum (making it more likely to get a digsite there). I think it's now around 20% chance to get a Tol'vir digsite on Kalimdor.

Both Nerubian and Tol'vir were most 'hard' to get fragments. That's why they added more sites.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had this Nerubian Digsite in EPL and I found another new in Uldum, Snotts Landing. So I had to check out the forums, thanks for the confirmation.

Not sure if I got what you're telling here - wouldn't this be a huge buff, if a finished Dig site of Race X would spawn another of the same Race? Especially when you're farming for someting?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    There are 2 new nerubian dig sites in EK, also additional Tol'vir sites in Uldum (making it more likely to get a digsite there). I think it's now around 20% chance to get a Tol'vir digsite on Kalimdor.

Both Nerubian and Tol'vir were most 'hard' to get fragments. That's why they added more sites.
    It doesn't help that they added the Nerubian ones to The Eastern Kingdoms though. Having a low chance across two continents is still worse than a mediocre chance on one continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Not sure if I got what you're telling here - wouldn't this be a huge buff, if a finished Dig site of Race X would spawn another of the same Race? Especially when you're farming for someting?
    It probably isn't as I said. I was just being very unlucky I guess. But if it is a change, then it won't help for focusing farming a race, as it will change into something else (let's pretend a 20% chance for random, and 80% for same race). You would end up in having all that you don't want after a while, and you would be stuck with them for 80% of the finished digsites. This would be as it is today, but much more spikey farming (100 troll fragments str8, then 100 dwarf and 70 fossil, or whatever). And no more 12 troll, 9 fossil, 15 troll, 12 dwarf etc.