Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    I don't see what the problem is with bad players being able to finish dungeons, get JP and all that jazz.

Even with the buff, if they're bad, they're bad. Won't make them any better. There are still some instances where these bad players still won't perform admirably even with the buff. The buff just increases damage, health and healing done, not make people any better at fights.

Just my 2c.
    This is true, however the alot of the time it's just people who have the right awareness, just a lack of dps, or even heals (Admiral Ripsnarl springs to mind on both). I have been in many instances where the problem was moreso output, not strat execution or failing at CC. This buff will help them get over that little hurdle which is output, seeing as they are doing everything else right.

10+ Year Old Account
    15% more anything won't help bad players who,

1) Stand in the fire
    2) Don't interrupt
    3) Spend 90% of the fight looking at Recount (See 1)

etc etc, but it's designed to help good pugs clear the dungeons faster because they lack communication and coordination like guild groups
    I like being asian :3

Deleted
    I haven't tried yet but it seems to me it won't matter much. Bad dps did between 5 and 6k dps on bosses... add 15%, that's not even 7k, it's still pathetic. I can already keep everyone topped as long as the tank isn't a moron and dps don't stand in fire for ages, 15% bonus to healing won't matter. I guess the real big thing is that people won't get oneshotted anymore.

Deleted
    From my experience, short as it may be, the 15% buff just leads people to believe they can disregard mechanics and allows them to stand in fire longer with the bigger healthpool. Sometimes healing sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only tried 1 HC yesterday on my druid, thinking the 15% buff would help...

After 2 wipes on first boss HC and some trouble to get through trash it disbanded. Probably because they were thinking they could forget about tacts and just hard nuke boss+add down while standing in ground siege and get hit by blitz.. "Hey guys, 15% buff, we're IMMORTAL!" must've been what they thought.

15% buff doesn't make it easier or harder, just faster if you have a good group. Unlucky me on patch day!

remember its 15% * 5 = 75%
    its almost a 6th member!

Quote Originally Posted by pallyofraab View Post
    Maybe some one could fill me in on this but does really having 15% extra health dmg and healing really make or break a group. I have had groups that have had mainly greens on do way better then people that are in all heroic gear. Mind you the people in heroic gear wouldnt listen and did what they wanted to with cc and all. I just think that this will give people a filled head and make them think this might just go the road of wrath.
    It helps more with good groups who just aren't good geared yet.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Larcissa View Post
    15% more anything won't help bad players who,

1) Stand in the fire
    2) Don't interrupt
    3) Spend 90% of the fight looking at Recount (See 1)

etc etc, but it's designed to help good pugs clear the dungeons faster because they lack communication and coordination like guild groups
    this.

was in H GB last nite
    watched ppl not run from the fire add on dragha, repeatedly
    and stand in the drakes fire, repeatedly

all the luck of the draw buff seems to do is emphasise the extent of the bads
    its so easy now, that wen ppl screw up, its very VERY noticeable

its all well and good you pulled 20k+ dps aoeing on trash mr boomkin but standing in the drake fire and letting the fire add explosion kill the tank on multiple attempts is embarassing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawne View Post
    remember its 15% * 5 = 75%
    its almost a 6th member!
    For the dungeons that weren't bugged there was already a 5% buff in effect.

So the actual buff this time was more like 9.5%, but that's still almost half an extra member.

blizzard should just give everyone epic items and make raiding optional, its all about looks anyway and if i gotta stand in a fire to get it then so be it

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    With the 15% dmg/hp/heal buff it still doesn't make bad players awesome, I cannot understand how people can do 4k-6k dps with that buff, its painful to watch as a healer, usually they take way more damage then "good" players as well making the 15% extra hp/healing buff kind of worthless. Maybe I just got an unlucky group, oh well.

At least it will make the better players clear dungeons even faster, or make half guild runs a bit easier (3 ppl make it a guildrun now with guild rep/xp to be earned at a bit lower rate, better then none)

Wonder if it affects the drakes in Grim batol, more trash gone is a good thing imo, in that place.
    Last edited by Teri; 2011-02-10 at 10:47 AM.

I guess it is supposed to be a buffer meaning that there is a little more room for error, but not disregarding tactics all together just because you got a shiney new 15% buff.

It is really to make up the lack of coordination in Pug groups, But even with the damage buff, you will still have idiots that die from Chains of Woe.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyofraab View Post
    Maybe some one could fill me in on this but does really having 15% extra health dmg and healing really make or break a group. .
    It can and it does. Have you tried a pugged HC lately? People in crappy gear dishing out poown DPS =P
    If as a healer you are saying that +15% healing isnt making things easier, then something as wrong.
    And if as a DPS you are saying that +15% overall DPS isnt making things go faster, then something is wrong.

The health I guess doesent really give a big difference, but hey, it is easily 10-20k HP for some people.