Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Looking for a gym partner

Preferably with similar goals in mind: to gain lean muscle mass. All of my friends are lazy buttholes and I can't convince them to sign up for a gym so I thought I'd take a chance here. I live near Sacramento.

I've been going it alone for the past year or so and I have a decent amount of experience in dieting and working out so I could also help anyone looking to get started.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in Sacramento. Both me and my boyfriend are wanting to get into better shape once his leg is healed (he skateboards and blew out his fibula) but gyms are not for us because of the cost. It's nice having somebody for motivation. Although I'm pretty antisocial, he's pretty open to meeting people.

Hmm, if you're anti-social working out will definitely help with that and give you more confidence. Good luck!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confident but just prefer keeping to myself. I am open to meeting people though. What is it that you are planning on doing? Just going to the gym however many days a week to lift weights or would you be doing other things like biking or jogging?

dude this chick wants to check you out fyi Good luck! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    I'm confident but just prefer keeping to myself. I am open to meeting people though. What is it that you are planning on doing? Just going to the gym however many days a week to lift weights or would you be doing other things like biking or jogging?
    Jogging is probably my favorite thing to do, but I don't do too much of it because it burns too many calories. During a normal week I'll go to the gym to lift weights monday, wednesday, friday with jogging in between.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakySneaky View Post
    Umm.. grow up a little bit, thanks.

not to be an ignorant troll, but the mmo forums are probably not the best place to look for someone to go to the gym with.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, I'm really just tired of my current lifestyle. I used to be in great shape as I did ballet for 12 years and have always been an outdoor sort of person, but have since become extremely lazy and have not put any effort into much of anything besides WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    not to be an ignorant troll, but the mmo forums are probably not the best place to look for someone to go to the gym with.
    you are being an ignorant troll.

OT: Might want to try looking for a more regional website. Since this website caters the entire world it is pretty slim chances of meeting someone here to be a gym partner. as creepy as it may be you might want to try like craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    Hehe, I'm really just tired of my current lifestyle. I used to be in great shape as I did ballet for 12 years and have always been an outdoor sort of person, but have since become extremely lazy and have not put any effort into much of anything besides WoW.
    I know i was just messin :P. You should find a balance between WoW and active life. I play a good bit of WoW but i still lift hardcore 5-6 times a week. Best of luck

10+ Year Old Account
    who needs the gym when you can have Tony Horton as your gym partner, get P90X, it works i promise you that.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Don't be silly.

It could be a guy.

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you are being an ignorant troll.

OT: Might want to try looking for a more regional website. Since this website caters the entire world it is pretty slim chances of meeting someone here to be a gym partner. as creepy as it may be you might want to try like craigslist
    Your powers of contradiction are impressive, grasshopper.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got a door, you got a gym!

Another vote for P90x
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Don't be silly.

It could be a guy.
    Oops I forgot, females don't use the internet and I don't exist. This what you're reading is just a figment of your imagination. You're going crazy and should see a shrink

OP, I think my boyfriend just messaged you. Best of luck.

Deleted
    shame i live in europe..

10+ Year Old Account
    once again i'm gonna go ahead and stress getting the p90x, workout last from an hour to an hour and a half, your at home so you can work at your own pace without the fear of being judged, the results are phenomenal, and did i mention you can get it for free by downloading a torrent
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Another vote for P90x
    I've done P90X for a full rotation and the results were amazing. If you have no one to work out with you can just do this program in your living room.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need a gym i have a wii fit lol