Thread: Dark Intent

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    i always throw it on my resto druid, he can hardly move then i have my 3 stacks up and its awsome!
    I think most hybrid classes can pre-stack DI like that. I'm not sure if boomkin loose something if they shift in and out of form, but they could theoretically cast a rejuv or two, then shift back in right before the fight starts. Same with SPriests I'd guess, though I'm not sure if they have a hot outside holy spec. DPS bonus would be minimal but you could threaten to move DI to someone else if they don't pre-load it
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

So instead of their raid having 4 targets with DI procs rolling they would rather have just 2. Please tell your warlocks to learn their class.

mine actually goes to the h priest first. i find i gain double stacks of DI that way (18% dot dmg ftw!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

I'm confused:

Does Dark Intent not grant the DoT bonus to people who have DI on them themselves?

Because from what I understand, if 2 affliction warlocks DI each other, they get 6% haste, and they benefit fully from the DoT damage. Yet, according to everything I've seen, Aff. Warlocks are supposedly worse off than Feral Druids and Elemental Shamans for the DI DoT damage, which makes NO SENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm confused:

Does Dark Intent not grant the DoT bonus to people who have DI on them themselves?

Because from what I understand, if 2 affliction warlocks DI each other, they get 6% haste, and they benefit fully from the DoT damage. Yet, according to everything I've seen, Aff. Warlocks are supposedly worse off than Feral Druids and Elemental Shamans for the DI DoT damage, which makes NO SENSE.
    The haste bonuses stack, but not the dot bonuses. Basically, there will only be 2 full stacks of DI in the raid as opposed to, potentially, 4.

I DI our cat druid that competes w/ me for top of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    mine actually goes to the h priest first. i find i gain double stacks of DI that way (18% dot dmg ftw!)
    Yeah, that's only an extraneous buff tooltip. You don't ever gain more than 9% dot damage. Dunno why they haven't fixed that yet.

If you don't believe me, take that priest on a few 5man runs, 1 put it on him, 1 put it on some dot-using dps. See your dps difference. Hint: there will barely be one (and it's likely to be on the dps because higher crit rating).

resto druid > shadow priest > whatever else

Often raid with 2 locks in 10m. Haven't had a resto druid in grp, usualy both DI on a spriest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm confused:

As ynkesfan2003 said, whats better: 12% haste and 18% dot damage on two targets, or 12% haste and 36% dot damage on four targets. Because thats what happens if the Affliction lock put it on another Affliction lock.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Nessari View Post
    Yeah, that's only an extraneous buff tooltip. You don't ever gain more than 9% dot damage. Dunno why they haven't fixed that yet.

If you don't believe me, take that priest on a few 5man runs, 1 put it on him, 1 put it on some dot-using dps. See your dps difference. Hint: there will barely be one (and it's likely to be on the dps because higher crit rating).
    I buy it, it's just cool to see lol. The main thing I want to say is that, uptime wise, I prefer healers>dps simply because healers (druids and priests specifically) have 10/25 targets to spread their hots around on. spriest is a different case cuz their dots are so awesome, but barring that I put druids and holy priests at the top of my list.

TL/DR: Druid > spriest > hpriest > shaman > everyone else > holy pally

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't put it on your healers if healing is not having problems. HPS has a cap. DPS does not.

R.I.P. YARG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ynkesfan2003 View Post
    I buy it, it's just cool to see lol. The main thing I want to say is that, uptime wise, I prefer healers>dps simply because healers (druids and priests specifically) have 10/25 targets to spread their hots around on. spriest is a different case cuz their dots are so awesome, but barring that I put druids and holy priests at the top of my list.

TL/DR: Druid > spriest > hpriest > shaman > everyone else > holy pally
    Really, resto shaman shouldn't be all that high. their only critting hot is riptide, and its a long enough cooldown that they can only cast it on one person at a time. ELW procs aren't common and have a low crit chance. They're basically the fire mage of healers - a hot or two to throw around but mostly standard heals. I'd say put it on the top 5 dps before a shaman personally.
    Last edited by gualdhar; 2011-02-11 at 07:20 PM.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Don't put it on your healers if healing is not having problems. HPS has a cap. DPS does not.
    I said uptime wise, basically if I'm in a pug/heroic I'll use this. Healing is usually an issue there anyway lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gualdhar View Post
    Really, resto shaman shouldn't be all that high. their only critting hot is riptide, and its a long enough cooldown that they can only cast it on one person at a time. ELW procs aren't common and have a low crit chance. They're basically the fire mage of healers - a hot or two to throw around but mostly standard heals. I'd say put it on the top 5 dps before a shaman personally.
    Eh, on my resto sham I usually have about 4 active riptides. The glyph increases the duration by 40%. However, I support that rshamans aren't the best targets to put it on, however, I also keep Flame Shock up.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    That's not the same at all. Mages fully benefit from giving FM to eachother, while warlocks spoil the 9% DoT damage by jerking it, only gaining the 3% haste. Jerking DI will result in a direct dps loss for the raid as a whole while jerking FM doesn't make the raid lose anything except the fact that crit is a rather weak stat for arcane.
    A mage can just as easily "spoil" the 3% crit modifier by trading their Focus Magics. Just like Dark Intent some classes and specs can provide a greater Raid DPS then others from Focus Magic. And you even prove this point by stating that "crit is a rather weak stat for arcane". So an arcane and fire mage are spoiling focus magic just as much as a Warlock and a Warlock.

Further more if a warlock is in the raid the focus magic should go on either the warlock, or the target of the dark intent. Not only would the mage be providing increased crit rate to the raid, but they would be indirectly providing 3-9% damage buff to the raid through higher chance at proc'ing dark intent.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    The crit gains on dual arcane mages vs the crit gains on others is not a sufficient enough difference to be concerned about. Yes, the gains can be had elsewhere but how much? 50 dps? 300 dps? At least with a fellow mage you can call them out if they play badly - you can't call out a druid because they can just say "You don't know my class" as an excuse.

So an arcane and fire mage are spoiling focus magic just as much as a Warlock and a Warlock.
    300 dps vs 2000 dps. Just as much? I think not.

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    300 dps vs 2000 dps. Just as much? I think not.
    If there is only a 300 dps gain between arcane and fire mages, then it would seem like you invalidated your second sentance. Since that small of a dps gain certainly does seem like the are spoiling it. When they could cast it on a target of DI and increase uptime of the buff which would certainly increase raid dps by more then 300 for certain DI combos.

Yes I know you made the numbers up, but your choice doesn't help your statement. And you entirely missed the point of my statement. Exact numbers doesn't matter because both can make poor choices on who to buff, and hence they both have equal chances at spoiling it by just blindly doing another mage instead of intelligently buffing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."