Vampiric Embrace 4.0.6

I was just testing my DPS on a dummy a moment ago. I had been keeping constant DPS for a few minutes when something struck me as odd. I noticed my health was pretty low (due to me using Shadow Word: Death for mana returns). So I checked the healing meters and it turns out healing from Vampiric Embrace only procced 143 times, which almost matched my number of Mind Blast/SW: D/ Improved Devouring Plage casts.

Anyways I was wondering, has VE been nerfed so it doesn't proc from DOTs anymore or have I perhaps been living in a cave and not noticed it until now?

EDIT:

By the way, over a period of a little over 9 minutes the meters show that Vampiric Embrace only had a little over 4100 healing done total
    Last edited by trebor; 2011-02-10 at 04:52 PM.

VE still procs from all our single target dmg as I just did a test on the dummy. I really can't tell you why your health was so low because I did a full rotation and added sw: D in to test and with the dummy at full health the dmg and backlash from it is so low i was almost immediately full health again after casting it.

Interesting, I will test this as well when I get home.

Also just my opinion, but since VE is a permanent buff(until canceled), wouldn't it be even more straightforward for Blizz to just make it an "always on" buff similar to Ferocious Inspiration? I mean since it's just a fire-and-forget type buff...

Deleted
    I have noticed the same issue on dummies before. I believe it's a problem/bug with the dummies rather than with VE.

Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    Interesting, I will test this as well when I get home.

Also just my opinion, but since VE is a permanent buff(until canceled), wouldn't it be even more straightforward for Blizz to just make it an "always on" buff similar to Ferocious Inspiration? I mean since it's just a fire-and-forget type buff...
    clicking it is more interesting

It's related to the dummy. VE will only heal when damage is actually done, so if you are doing your tests on a 1 health dummy, you'd be getting no healing, and the raid ones heal so rapidly it could easily time such that you didn't get much VE procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Naphomci View Post
    It's related to the dummy. VE will only heal when damage is actually done, so if you are doing your tests on a 1 health dummy, you'd be getting no healing, and the raid ones heal so rapidly it could easily time such that you didn't get much VE procs.
    This probably.. Try it on the boss dummy.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The problem was indeed the dummy, I was testing on the 85 one instead of the boss one (because I didn't have my full hit gear on)

Just tested the boss dummy and it seems to work just fine