Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Halfus 10H is now easymode :/

I know this needed retuning due to the ridiculous compositions required and the need for disc priests but after today I'm a bit dissapointed with how easymode it is now.

We killed it prenerf with 3 tanks and 2healers + 1 disc and it was obviously ridiculously intense tank healing so at first when I read the changes it was nice to see the drake damage lowered and the dmg boost on Halfus altered so disc priests were not a neccesity.

Regardless of the changes, today we still ran with 3 tanks and 1 shot it without there ever being an "OH ****" moment on the tanks. I was literally jumping around casting rejuvs freely on the raid whilst the tanks healthpools dropped 10% every now and then.

Honestly, V+T normal required more concentration healing wise than Halfus heroic. Kinda sad that all the guilds to down halfus 10H for the first time now will not feel anywhere near the difficulty it was before. Atleast the -50% phase is the same I guess xD

Anyone agree or am I just being a whiner/leetist + other similar insults etc?

the first boss of a dungeon is still the easiest heroic?

hm.

Deleted
    Same for us. We went in and expected the fight to be slightly easier, but not this easy. We also oneshot him today, and we had our first kill 2 days ago before the patch :P We also went down a healer (dropped the smite priest). The damage wasn't spiky at all, and we even had 2 shadow novas hit us without causing trouble.

So I completely agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    the first boss of a dungeon is still the easiest heroic?

hm.
    Magmaw prenerf and Omnotron wants a word with you (10m hc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    we even had 2 shadow novas hit us without causing trouble
    Forget to mention that, we had multiple shadow novas hit us during the drake phase, I think because we overestimated the shadow nova nerf. This caused us no problems also. pre nerf ONE SINGLE shadownova going off often resulted in a tank death

Ok so for weeks there's been posts about how 10M Heroic Halfus was ridiculous because of the raid comp and difficulty, and that it seriously needed to be nerfed. Now there's posts whining about how easy it is. Make up your damn mind. If you feel the need to link you shiny achievement to people and claim you did it pre-nerf then congratulations, that's why there's a date on it.

They nerf raids slowly, that's how they do it. Hardcore guilds get the kills pre-nerf and everyone else gets the kills later. Just be glad these raids don't have a monthly increasing +5% damage/healing buff.

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Ok so for weeks there's been posts about how 10M Heroic Halfus was ridiculous because of the raid comp and difficulty, and that it seriously needed to be nerfed. Now there's posts whining about how easy it is. Make up your damn mind. If you feel the need to link you shiny achievement to people and claim you did it pre-nerf then congratulations, that's why there's a date on it.

They nerf raids slowly, that's how they do it. Hardcore guilds get the kills pre-nerf and everyone else gets the kills later. Just be glad these raids don't have a monthly increasing +5% damage/healing buff.

and the winner is .........

Deleted
    Ok so for weeks there's been posts about how 10M Heroic Halfus was ridiculous because of the raid comp and difficulty, and that it seriously needed to be nerfed. Now there's posts whining about how easy it is. Make up your damn mind. If you feel the need to link you shiny achievement to people and claim you did it pre-nerf then congratulations, that's why there's a date on your it.

Was wondering when a dumbass post like this would arrive, took about 5-6 mins.

I clearly tried to express that I know we all demanded nerfs and yes it DID need nerfing. I tried to avoid being the stereotypical whiner who complains for change thens complains when it is finally changed.

The point is, this has been nerfed way too heavily which is a shame for new guilds. It doesnt bother me massively I just wanted to see if community agrees

Deleted

Not everyone whined. I liked the challenge. There's also a difference between nerfing an encounter slightly to make it more balanced, and nerf it to the ground where almost every kind mistake is allowed.

blizzard made it so you don't have to bring a certain raid make up to have a chance at downing the boss.
    like they said, they want to make any raid comp be able to work for any fight, and they did so with this nerf for halfus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Not everyone whined. I liked the challenge. There's also a difference between nerfing an encounter slightly to make it more balanced, and nerf it to the ground where almost every kind mistake is allowed.
    Exactly, we liked the challenge. Most real guilds did I think. People were just not happy with the massive difficulty jump when running a different composition, something alot of 10man guilds could encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
    Exactly, we liked the challenge. Most real guilds did I think. People were just not happy with the massive difficulty jump when running a different composition, something alot of 10man guilds could encounter
    It's more about having to respec half you raid and gear up an extra tank just for 1 fight. I can totally understand a jump in difficulty, but when a fight requires 1 spec of 1 class (disc priest), and it's almost impossible to do it without. Then there's a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    the only thing which in fact needed nerfing was that 10m was technically harder than 25m due to one thing: interrupters.. mine group, for example doesn't have melees whatsoever.. one former frost death knight, who after HB nerf, went unholy (no yummy interrupts) and a rogue, who, honestly speaking, is not that good.. especially with slate we couldn't just rotate tank interrupts on shadow nova.. it's like.. you HAD TO have 3 interrupters in your raid, which in 10man could be just hard..

Deleted
    It's more about having to respec half you raid and gear up an extra tank just for 1 fight. I can totally understand a jump in difficulty, but when a fight requires 1 spec of 1 class (disc priest), and it's almost impossible to do it without. Then there's a problem.
    You're missing the point tho. Yes that was needed, but it's still now a brainless fight where little to no effort of the raid members are required, other than having a somewhat high dps.

I concur. Pushing a 10 man group to need 3 tanks is a bit much for heroic modes considering the overall dps you lose by doing it.

Kinda sad that all the guilds to down halfus 10H for the first time now will not feel anywhere near the difficulty it was before.
    Actually the only thing that's "kinda sad" is that a lot of people had to feel the difficulty that it was before. Also, running with three tanks along with a disc priest healer to down the fight doesn't make you leet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    I concur. Pushing a 10 man group to need 3 tanks is a bit much for heroic modes considering the overall dps you lose by doing it.
    Now dps on Halfus isnt exactly a widely seen problem, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Difficulty of 25 and 10 was too great being first boss in the instance and all that. Now it's prolly more in line. Stop QQing it getting nerfed too much. It's still hard enough not to let random PUGs waltz right in and collect free loot like in ICC. So can't see the problem here. And the reason why it feels easymode is because you manage to kill it prenerf. It's foregone conclusion if you for example practice with heavier sneakers and for competition you put lighter ones on it feels like you could fly. Same with raid bosses. Even if it feels easy for you it doesn't mean it's faceroll for guild that might start progressing there in few weeks forward. Reflecting yourself and your own experiences has always been a rather big trouble in this forum. "This thing got nerfed so this is so easy for me now which means it's easy for everyone."

PS. Disc priest wasn't needed pre patch. Killed it with pala, druid and shaman healing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Now dps on Halfus isnt exactly a widely seen problem, though
    Yes but prenerf, we had 30secs left on enrage the fight was incredibly intense healing. Now with the nerfs which were asked for to sort composition problems, we kileld it with 1.5mins left and NO issues with damage ever even with shadow novas goig off. Little too easy tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    one former frost death knight, who after HB nerf, went unholy (no yummy interrupts)

lolwut he was joking right? Or just trying to get out of interrupting lol

Was wondering when a dumbass post like this would arrive, took about 5-6 mins.

I clearly tried to express that I know we all demanded nerfs and yes it DID need nerfing. I tried to avoid being the stereotypical whiner who complains for change thens complains when it is finally changed.

The point is, this has been nerfed way too heavily which is a shame for new guilds. It doesnt bother me massively I just wanted to see if community agrees
    You did it with 3 tanks while in theory every heroic 10m should requires at most 2 tanks. The fight shouldnt be designed around that idea, neither should it require ridiculous class stacking pre-nerf.

Its the easiest boss, practically the entrance heroic boss for anyone attemping H mode, it shouldnt have been that hard.