Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Now dps on Halfus isnt exactly a widely seen problem, though
    Yes, but still requiring a 10 man group to use a 3rd tank on a handful of heroics is asking too much considering the dps they lose. I'd rather they nerf something to the point where it's trivial than have a fight require a decently geared 3rd tank even though I enjoy the difficulty of most heroic modes. It's just a strain on 10 man guilds to require them to have 3 tanks when they aren't going to have the benefit of extra players in the same way a 25 man would.

Quote Originally Posted by DKlover View Post
    lolwut he was joking right? Or just trying to get out of interrupting lol
    Yeah, I saw that too. It's like, "OMGZ I have to spend 20 rp per int now. I cantz do it!"

DK's crap 20 rp for nothing in about 1 second. Yes, it would slightly lower his dps by like 50 in that fight. Not 50%, like 50.

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Ok so for weeks there's been posts about how 10M Heroic Halfus was ridiculous because of the raid comp and difficulty, and that it seriously needed to be nerfed. Now there's posts whining about how easy it is. Make up your damn mind. If you feel the need to link you shiny achievement to people and claim you did it pre-nerf then congratulations, that's why there's a date on it.

They nerf raids slowly, that's how they do it. Hardcore guilds get the kills pre-nerf and everyone else gets the kills later. Just be glad these raids don't have a monthly increasing +5% damage/healing buff.
    umm I searched the OPS entire posting history, he never said anything like that..

can you please link, i think you might be confusing him with someone else

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    You did it with 3 tanks while in theory every heroic 10m should requires at most 2 tanks. The fight shouldnt be designed around that idea, neither should it require ridiculous class stacking pre-nerf.

Its the easiest boss, practically the entrance heroic boss for anyone attemping H mode, it shouldnt have been that hard.
    You clearly dont get it, or you havnt tried the boss both prenerf and postnerf. Because he is so easy now to the point where you can fuck up shadownovas and whatnot and still kill him with ease and no risk of hitting berserk

Quote Originally Posted by Creepster View Post
    You clearly dont get it, or you havnt tried the boss both prenerf and postnerf. Because he is so easy now to the point where you can fuck up shadownovas and whatnot and still kill him with ease and no risk of hitting berserk
    The fact that I didnt killed him prenerf doesnt prevent me commenting on its ridiculous stacking requirement, which was unrealistic for most 10m-only guilds attempting heroic raid.

Be proud that you killed it pre nerf, but be practical: Blizz had long tradition of nerfing content gradually to make it more accessible for its playerbase after some months untouched. Halfus is the first in 13 heroic bosses, peps are expected to have relative success with it. No surprise to me =)

Plus if you killed it before, you should have reasonable gear atm. In other word, you are slightly overgeared it.
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-02-10 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    As posted above and elsewhere this fight needed a fairly big nerf in my opinion.
    Why? because a typical 10man guild simply doesn't have the amount of flexibility a 25man raiding guild does.
    Example being that before the nerf you required more tanks or Disc priests to stand a decent chance, which was hard to achive if you had a fairly tight guild roster. We killed it tonight with 3 healers and 3 tanks fairly easily, I'm guessing if we didn't have the luxury of a third tank it would still be a hard encounter.
    -Dannie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehran View Post
    I dont mind, there's still 12 other Heroic bosses besides Halfus I can bang my head against a wall for.

As for this, VT will always require more concentration than Halfus. VT is more about precision, Halfus is a tank and spank when it comes down to it.

I do think every fight should be designed around 2 Tanks (besides a few 25man fights), and 3/7 Healers no matter which spec they are.
    Yes but should a normal mode encounter really feel harder than a heroic? I dont think so. like someone above said, theres 12 other bosses to worry about so it is not a huge deal. I just dont like seeing bosses that do require a nerf to get massively overnerfed to the point where its almost brainless

Fights should get progressively harder. So Halfus heroic being easy should serve as a warm up.
    It was really easy downing him post 4.0.6 compared to before. The huge nerf to drakes damage was very significant. 2 tank/3 healed it.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    the first boss of a dungeon is still the easiest heroic?

hm.
    You're free to go tickle omnotron/magmaw and compare it to Atramedes and Chimaeron

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should try whats intented on 10man ( 2tanks and 3 healers instead of 3/3 ) and you'll find that it actually is quite perfect now.
    We went in like that as a guild who'd never did the pre-nerf and we wiped a good 2.5hours before getting it down. We're pretty decent skilled, for an entry heroic boss this sounds about right after farming normals for a while. ( We had a few shadow nova's go off, with 2 tanks they are a real threat and wiped us 1 or 2 times. )

Deleted
    sorry to slightly derail the topic, but can someone please confirm what we need to do before we can unlock halfus HC - is it a full clear of BoT or a full clear of BoT + ToTFW + BWD?

Funny how 3 guilds on my realm managed to kill him yesterday. I figured out that something must have changed,,,,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Ok so for weeks there's been posts about how 10M Heroic Halfus was ridiculous because of the raid comp and difficulty, and that it seriously needed to be nerfed. Now there's posts whining about how easy it is. Make up your damn mind. If you feel the need to link you shiny achievement to people and claim you did it pre-nerf then congratulations, that's why there's a date on it.

They nerf raids slowly, that's how they do it. Hardcore guilds get the kills pre-nerf and everyone else gets the kills later. Just be glad these raids don't have a monthly increasing +5% damage/healing buff.
    You sir, are correct. Couldn't have said it better

10+ Year Old Account
    i have another question..

do you still need disco priest in 10m heroic?

Id like to take this healin combo tonight - paladin, shaman and druid..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    i have another question..

do you still need disco priest in 10m heroic?

Id like to take this healin combo tonight - paladin, shaman and druid..
    You dont tbh, we killed him last night. We went 3 tanks - 3 healers. One of those healers being me, the disc priest.
    Smite spamming was worthless until 3 drakes died.
    So instead I spammed PW:S and still managed to hit 20k HPS until the drakes died and the healing became easier.
    I guess you can do it without a disc priest but the new PW:S is really awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about 10 man heroic so maybe my comments are not valid but doing this on 25 man heroic is basically a different fight, at least for healers. For starters, you can't have Disc priest smiting from the get-go since the heals aren't big enough, so until the first drake is dead the tank healing is way more intense than it was, but once you have one drake dead the fight is a lot easier and the knockdown he does is a joke now.

You used to be able to zerg this fight - keep all the drakes up and nuke, with chain CDs on tanks, but not any more, which to be honest is the way it should be. It's basically an encounter that starts very hard and gets easier - unlike most encounters.

---------- Post added 2011-02-10 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    sorry to slightly derail the topic, but can someone please confirm what we need to do before we can unlock halfus HC - is it a full clear of BoT or a full clear of BoT + ToTFW + BWD?
    You just need to clear the raid to unlock hardmodes in that raid. So to unlock Halfus heroic you need to kill Cho'gall. 10 or 25 makes no difference.

Our guild went in there yesterday and tried him for the first time. Our 10man roster is loose enough that we could bring 3 tank-speccs to the fight. With 3 tanks and 3 healers, (warrior, druid, DK & disc priest, resto shaman, paladin) we needed 5 tries total before we killed him. The normal mode pre-patch shadownova felt more dangerous that the current heroic mode, considering it happened roughly twice as often. It felt very underwhelming, after wiping about 70 times to Nefarian.
    It didn't feel like a big step up in difficulty from the normal mode, swap to a tankspecc and off you go. I realize not every guild can do that, but anyone who do shouldn't have problems with the fight after the patch.

There must always be a follower of the 'Gunship Heroic'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it's no longer that hard. Let's get past this boss and move on to the others! I'm also glad they changed the mechanic to work around disc. I love our disc priests, but really?!

with the chance to him now you just relase 1 drake at the time and kill it, keep on going untill all 5 are dead and then pop the boss?

if thats how to do it now whats the best order to kill them in

My guess would be Storm -> nether -> whelp -> time -> slate

anyone?
    Last edited by yeto; 2011-02-10 at 05:23 PM.