10+ Year Old Account

Will an instant Soul fire receive the crit bonus from Imp - Demon Soul?

Title says it all....

when i get an instant Soul fire from my imps proc or from soul burn will it receive the 30% crit bonus from Demon Soul - Imp?

it says it effects your next 3 single target cast spells..... but if Soul Fire is not cast, will it still effect it???

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Title says it all....

when i get an instant Soul fire from my imps proc or from soul burn will it receive the 30% crit bonus from Demon Soul - Imp?

it says it effects your next 3 single target cast spells..... but if Soul Fire is not cast, will it still effect it???
    I'm not an owner of a warlock, but my intuition says yes.

And this is simply because it IS a casted spell base-line, but an effect reduced it's casting time to 0.

It's like Master of Elements for Arcane Mages. Even though the talent says it will return 30% of it's base mana cost, the actual mana cost of Arcane Blast increases every cast but the return of Master of Elements stays at the first cast base-line mana cost.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Yes it should. Since Soul Fire is destruction spell and Imp boosts 30% crit for destruction spells, it will affect it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrofl View Post
    Yes it should. Since Soul Fire is destruction spell and Imp boosts 30% crit for destruction spells, it will affect it
    shadowfury is a destro spell too.... it doesn't effect that.....

shadowburn is a destro spell, it doesn't effect that either......

sorry if this sounds like a smart ass reply, its not supposed to..... but you see my point right?

It will, despite it doesn't have an actual cast while you have imp/soulburn buff.

Source: EJ
    Last edited by HhitSappens; 2011-02-10 at 03:25 AM.

sorry if this sounds like a smart ass reply, its not supposed to..... but you see my point right?
    That I did not know, hrm interesting. I figure since it says destruction spells it would affect everything. weird

Those are both baseline insta casts though so that doesn't really apply. Soulfire has a cast time but it gets dropped to insta with Imp big difference.