rogue. new to rogue and pvp

Hey mmo peeps.
    i'm currently leveling a Rogue (have jst come back to wow) with the intention of pvp being my mains. i originaly quit wow because i didnt like how pve worked)
    and was wondering if its deemed to be worth it to level in bg's for the honor or better to just get to 80? how does the gearing for pvp at 85 work>?
    and also. are their any proffs that work well with rogue for pvp that would be worth levelling?
    any comments / opinions welcome

me and a friend of mine both made a horde mage. ( both of us have allot of alliance chars but not 1 horde)
    and we intended to level them for the pvp!.

i thought to level him quickly with quests ect but my friend only wanted to pvp.
    so after 2 days when i hit 35 or so i noticed he was ahead of me:S while playing less...
    then i noticed the insane XP you can get using battlegroundsxD after that we both qued for a random battleground and farmed our asses to level 80 in no time!

and now he racechanged his mage to alliance worgen to pvp with my first mage who's already 85xD
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P