Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    If DI is the cause of imbalance then DI will get a nerf, not classes that utilise it.
    I'm reminded of Burning Crusade. Where Warlocks were doing too much DPS. So they nerfed Shadow Priests.

It was hilarious.

You see, Shadow Vulnerability used to be a debuff on the enemy. And it affected other players' damage as well. So the effectiveness was cut in half, so the Warlock damage was nerfed. By nerfing a Shadow Priest mechanic.

Never, ever assume Blizzard to be logical or fair. Blizzard wouldn't hesitate to nerf Shadow Priests if Dark Intent was the sole cause of the imbalance.

Generic on-topic: Statistically, someone has to be #1 on DPS. It's basic logic. The notion that #1 does too much damage, and should be nerfed, just means next patch that someone else becomes #1. Does that person then need to be nerfed?

When there's a margin of about +/-10% DPS separating you and the next highest DPS, that's fine. When you are consistently 20% above everyone else, that's grounds for a balance adjustment.

Lol

You parsed #1 on reg halfus 25. You probably are just good at priest, also.

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Unless I misunderstood, but
    you DO gain haste from more than 1:

http://img138.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...011192312.jpg/

as you can see I almost have 38% haste after receiving 3 separate Dark Intents.
    It's sad the 9% dot damage does not stack, however....

Oh and a Mind Flay channel under that haste is 2.11 seconds
    maybe this is new to 4.0.6 because I tested it pre-patch and it did not effect spell cast times.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    You don't even know you cannot stack Dark Intents on yourself. you do not gain the haste from more than one. if your doing it for just the procs thats moronic and a dps loss overall. He is also not correct , there is NO situation a mage gains more benefit from Dark Intent, none , zero. It is also incorrect to say a Boomkin gains more benefit from dual target. With 2 targets a shadow priest has 5 dots up(3 on 1 , 2 on 1). The Boomkin has 2 on 1 , 2 on 1. I'm sure you can count. 5 dots rolling creates a higher chance to proc than 4 where I come from. Not saying a boomkin is a poor choice for DI , but it is not the #1 choice.
    Also take in to account that mind flay is a DoT nowadays and also benefits from DI. So in reality it's 6 dots, not 5
    Last edited by Glacier; 2011-02-10 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Typo

DI def helps push me above the rest of my guild, but on most fights i'd be in the top 3 anyway...i doubt(hope not!) they will nerf SP over DI mechanics, but as been said before...blizzard has funny ways of fixing things

It is fucking incredible. Honestly. When I have DI, my DPS just flies sky high. If there is a problem, though, that problem is DI. I don't think there is a problem, though, Shadow Priests are in the raid to bring a haste buff, and do DPS while healing with VE and keeping up repleneshment... How is that accomplished? By nuking your heart out. That's all we're good for aside for popping a hymn here and there. Why shouldn't we be able to pair up with a lock and top DPS charts? Our utility comes about from us doing as much DPS as possible. It's a min/maxers class. Always has been :P

on to 4.0.6 buff:

This is a log of our second Chimaeron kill. I had DI again like I did before. This is post-4.0.6.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7615&e=8036

This is a log of our first Chimaeron kill. I had DI but this is pre-4.0.6
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6175&e=6623

HUGE difference. I ranked 18 or something when I did it the first time, too. We got super-buffed.
    Last edited by Shadowmend; 2011-02-11 at 09:06 AM.

confirmed... our shadow pulled nearly 20k dps on chimaron HM first kill yesterdy in the evening

Most good guilds dont run normal mode halfus anymore so the competition left is pretty empty. Halfus is also a terrible fight to gauge DPS on for anyone

And to whoever said shadow priest rotation is hard you have to be joking. Its been one of the easier ones for a while now.

I dont think shadow priests are OP their DPS is compareable to many other classes out there. Most times if one is blowing the others out of the water on a non-gimmick fight its purely just because they arent as good/geared

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled View Post
    Sure.. but we won't get nerfed because of what our DPS is like with Dark Intent. If we get a nerf it will be because of what our DPS is like without a buff.
    I smiled to myself when I saw this, and thought back to the Burning Crusade when they nerfed Shadow Priests and our talent Shadow Weaving which increased Shadow damage taken on the target because Warlock DPS was too high and they nerfed us so as not to upset the Warlocks. Then they made it a self-buff but never bothered to undo the nerf to damage.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

It's not too high and to say our dps is too high due to a buff you may not always have is asinine

One thing I have noticed on the WOW priest forums every priest who says our dps is way too high or say they now top meters where spec'ed/geared horribly, one even posted a rotation that was LOL and one had cheap spirit gems in all their sockets... So if these priest are now top in their guilds then they run with some pretty bad people

And again I will say "I am top DPS in my guild" is rather useless knowledge, anyone can be top in their guild if you run with people worse than you

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Most good guilds dont run normal mode halfus anymore so the competition left is pretty empty. Halfus is also a terrible fight to gauge DPS on for anyone
    agree

And to whoever said shadow priest rotation is hard you have to be joking. Its been one of the easier ones for a while now.
    disagree, not saying our priority system is hard but there is way easier to play classes out there, especially if your factor in tricks and niches to maximize our dps per boss fight.

I dont think shadow priests are OP their DPS is compareable to many other classes out there. Most times if one is blowing the others out of the water on a non-gimmick fight its purely just because they arent as good/geared
    Agree, if you take the average it's not like SPirest as a whole are blowing anyone anyway, and how do you factor in gear and skill? You can't go by iL, I would throw some healing gear on have a better IL and do worse dps.
    Last edited by zenkai; 2011-02-11 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    The bad math will always be bad to just justify those people giving it to themselves.
    And other people will grasp at anything to try to boost their own performance regardless of the obvious synergies between warlocks and shadow priests. 80%+ of shadow priest damage comes from dots, including MF which is counted as a dot for some bizzare reason. I dare you to go challenge the analysis on EJ. He/She will end up making you eat your words.

If you are running with 3 warlocks, Do a test:

Take all 3 dark intents and see how high your dps meters go on a max dps fight. i am betting you are going to be no1 with a margin of 10k from everyone else.
    thats 12 percent extra haste. the damage buff won't stack but the haste will.

try it and let us know.

(i have 1-2 DI's on me most raids and im either top dps or very close to top when i am on pure dps)

-Red

Quote Originally Posted by sudhir View Post
    I wanted to get thoughts on this point from the community. I am part of a 25 man guild which has cleared most of the 25 man normal raid content and should be starting on heroic soon. Before 4.06 I used to be around 4-7 on DPS list under the locks and Hunters in ranged and some mages. We raid with 3-4 Warlocks so I get Dark Intent in most raid encounters. After 4.06 on our first 4 boss kills in Blackwing Descent, I was 2nd on Magmaw, and Omnicron under an Affliction lock and was no 1 on Atremedies, Chimeron and Malorick.

Looks like our DPS has gone up significantly in 4.06 to a point where the community and other classes may soon start shouting that we are OP and need a Nerf, along with all that the pure vs hybrid crap discussion. The point I wanted to make is how much of this extra DPS is due to the additional benefit we get from Dark Intent and how much is from the buff we got in 4.06?

In some of the 10 man encounters I did after 4.06 where I did not have Dark Intent I found my DPS very comparable to the other classes and not high at all. I would like to get the thoughts of other shadow priests on this thread where in we can make Blizz development team aware that if they feel our DPS is too high they should look at changing the way Dark Intent works and not at reducing our damage as our DPS on its own is now comparable with other classes but the benefit from Dark Intent is boosting us up. Its my estimate that DI now adds around 2-3K DPS to our damage.

Please give your thoughts.

You aren't doing insane dps, magmaw is also a gimick fight so you can't really base your DPS on that at all.

Omnitron* can also suck for certain classes that have to switch off targets a lot.

Atremedes ranged will always prevail on.

Chimearon is meh

Maloriak is a gimick fight as well right now for shadow.

No you aren't OP, blizz just sucks at designing raids.

SO what I have learned is, people think 3% haste = 150% dps increase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwine77 View Post
    Unfortunately it means that Dark Intent will be nerfed. They will change it to where the warlock will get the DoT damage buff and 3% haste buff and the other person will only get the 3% haste buff or something along those lines.
    Unfortunately?

That is exactly what DI should have been from the start. I was voicing my concerns about DI leading to severe balancing issues since there was no real choice involved in which class would receive it (=shadowpriests) a while ago, here and other places but of course I got nothing but indifference everywhere.

Oh, hey, look. A ten percent damage nerf. Again. Deja vu from the Burning Crusade.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Dark Intent does give us that little push, that puts us ahead of most of pures, nothing to really nerf us over though.
    How wrong I was...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    How wrong I was...
    Find comfort in the knowledge that you weren't the only one.

Deleted
    With the MB buff, around 80% of our DPS is now based on Dots. A 9% buff to that gives us a 7.2% DPS increase (very rough figures, but its about right).
    Factor in the 3% haste, and you get a good 8-10% dps increase for a shadow priest by putting on us. For a single person buff, that is way overpowered. Take off 10% from the shadow priests and you will see we are around on par with the other high DPS.

How wrong I was...
    I know, right? They need to just nerf DI and bring us back.