Gale of shadows/Dots not working properly

I've been using Gale of Shadows (heroic) as a trinket on my shadow priest. It increases your spell power for every tick. However, post-patch, I seem to be gaining Empowering winds much much less frequently. I cast 3 dots on my main target and 2-4 dots on other targets and I am still gaining these pretty slowly (1-2 per second), compared to pre-patch where it would jump hugely (I think it ticked off mind flay too?)

I heard about this bug in the PTR where dots were dealing no damage and I was wondering if this has any correlation, or am I just being paranoid?

I have this problem also.

I have this trinket on my lock and my priest, though I havnt tried it out with renew on multiple targets, It doesnt seem to work properly with my dots.

This makes me sad panda and I hope it wasn't intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just submitted a ticket about this. Something is definitely wrong with the trinket.

yeah its kinda broken, probably be hotfixed in next few days...but, get hourglass instead anyway =p

perhaps they gave it an internal cooldown on procs?
    anyone care to test it?
    i did see that it was stacking rather slowly last nite too

Is MF still considered a channelled dot after the patch? perhaps they changed that to fix the missing ticks /precasting issue.

Deleted
    I believe that there is the same problem with Heart of Ignacious, the stacks build up really slow after 4.0.6 - hopefully some kind of bug, just like we dont have any other stacks to be worried about...

Quote Originally Posted by Faelorn View Post
    yeah its kinda broken, probably be hotfixed in next few days...but, get hourglass instead anyway =p
    I have both