Deleted

[Nef p2] - Jumping the pillars. Help needed.

Whai hello thar.

Our guild's been progressing on nefarion normal for some time now, and I always seem to fail on jumping the pillars at P2 start. Does anyone have any tips/tricks/special strategies?

Thanks in advance!

PS -- would it be possible to jump down to the southern pillar in the start of the fight, and just stay there for whole P1? Or would I get fried by the sparks on Onyxia's sides/be out of range? (elemental shaman)

stand 5-10 yards back from the pillar. wait for the lava to fill up. swim up. jump.

Interface>Camera> Toggle off "water collision". That helped me alot

As the lava starts rising, just let it go up before you start hitting/holding space, as it reaches the same level as the pillar you should be ready to hit spacebar again to jump out and forward. Can easily get the first interrupt (even pre-4.0.6) like that.

As Emanuel said also, turn off water collision, makes it a lot easier to see what's going on.
    2981-6619-3396

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    PS -- would it be possible to jump down to the southern pillar in the start of the fight, and just stay there for whole P1? Or would I get fried by the sparks on Onyxia's sides/be out of range? (elemental shaman)
    Nef does damage to the people who are above the ground, so no, you can't do this.

Deleted
    Would you suggest having my camera above or below water? (collision turned off of course).

EDIT: Also, is there anywhere I can practice this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    EDIT: Also, is there anywhere I can practice this?
    Our druid healer failed to jump onto the pillar, and after the raid, she went to Wintergrasp to practice ju,ping on the ice "isles".
    Don't know if it is a good way to practice, but the next raid, she managed to jump almost everytime. *shrugs*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahdhiera View Post
    Our druid healer failed to jump onto the pillar, and after the raid, she went to Wintergrasp to practice ju,ping on the ice "isles".
    Don't know if it is a good way to practice, but the next raid, she managed to jump almost everytime. *shrugs*
    Thanks a lot. I'll try that. :>

stand 5 yards away and just spam space, you can't go wrong with that really. 3 stacks is very easy.

Deleted
    so -- camera above or below water?

Jump, and only press W when you're in the air and it should be no problem.

You can't just hold your W key and mash spacebar, you'll get caught on the lip of the platform. You have to jump up THEN press your movement key. Even with the so-called "fix" to the platform, you still have to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    i have discovered this too, though ive never actually died from getting stuck or failing to get on the platform, but now i just wait for the lava to get about 1/2 way up then stamp on spacebar and zoom up to the top, it seems to always be perfectly timed that when i reach the surface i pop right out and i can just tap w in the air to land on the pillar.

never really pay much attention to how many stacks i have from it, but it cant be many, hardly take any damage at all. lol
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

You can check this video out on how to jump onto the platform when phase 2 starts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rdeFlLgz4

Note that you do not want to spam jump before the lava has risen to half the platform height because you gain extra stacks every time you fall down and break the lava surface.

You should be jumping as if you're using the old 'Wall Climbing'-trick, space + push w (slightly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aroa View Post
    You can check this video out on how to jump onto the platform when phase 2 starts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rdeFlLgz4

Note that you do not want to spam jump before the lava has risen to half the platform height because you gain extra stacks every time you fall down and break the lava surface.
    HAH! That's why I got that many stacks so quickly!

Thanks a bunch man. :3