Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Priest Divine hymn?

so i was thinking, why has divine hymn not really changed at all since level 80.
    still does 7k heals to 3 members of the lowest health every 1.9 seconds over 8 seconds and heals 12 times. ok yes very good spell
    but when you have other players in your group level 85 with 120+hps then it doesn't help very much and i find my self not using
    it at all. should this be buffed? has it divine hymn been forgotten about?

Its actually a reasonably mana efficient spell as well as leaves a +10% healing taken buff on each target it ticks on. As holy - or as a disc priest combining it with inner focus - this spell easily can heal for a total of over 150k. Assuming a 7s channel in a raid environment - thats a good 21k+ hps!

The majority of healing spells now heal for less proportionally than they did in Wrath. Divine Hymn is definitely not the complete wipe-saver it used to be, but I still find it very useful in 10 man raiding. I can see how it might be less effective in 25s, but I really don't think it's a spell that should be completely overlooked.

Some typical uses for Divine Hymn:
    -Feud on Chimaeron
    -Cho'gall's Shadow AoE (Sorry, can't remember the exact name)
    -Red phase on Maloriak
    -Incineration Security Measure on Magmatron-Omnotron Defense System

These are all things that are easily healable without Divine Hymn, but it does make them a little bit easier, at least on 10 mans. I don't do 25s anymore, so I can't really comment on its effectiveness in the larger raiding environment.

how about they just leave divine hymn as it is.. But fix Hymn of hope instead?

Divine hymn is a decent spell i use it from time to time.. But hymn of hope LOL I click it and cancel it to get the max mana increase to improve my other mana recieving abilities lol..

how about they make that ability worth the strain on my fingers to click it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv View Post

Divine hymn is a decent spell i use it from time to time.. But hymn of hope LOL I click it and cancel it to get the max mana increase to improve my other mana recieving abilities lol..

HoH is worth channeling. It's 2% mana back per tick and it's not only going to you, it's going to others as well. Try to think about your team more than yourself.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Hymn, while not as good as in WotLK, is still amazingly useful, especially in raids, since it also increases the healing of all others on those targets. I don't feel it should be buffed, since all our other spells have been nerfed as opposed to WotLK.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by domzai View Post
    or as a disc priest combining it with inner focus
    Unfortunately inner focus doesn't work with DH in cata.

Stack it with PI and BT for maximum effect - it's quite nice. I often use a pw:b too to make sure I don't lose channel time to pushback.

It should heal a bit more, but the spell still is useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Unfortunately inner focus doesn't work with DH in cata.
    Ah didn't know that! I haven't specd disc since Wrath since Holy became awesome with Chakra (imo)

they both scale with haste... if you want more from it then wait for some haste procs or even BL.

i believe i said on some other topics DH + altairus (vortex pinnacle) = pure win.

Deleted
    great feedback, well maybe from the talk of hymn of hope, it should be channeled but moving doesn't cancel the channel?
    so it'd basically be a few secs without being able to cast as perusal, but you wont find your self having to cancel it because you'd be stood in an aoe pool,
    or cancel it because of a boss ability which you have to move from. and maybe the same for divine hymn? maybe casting a new spell after activating them
    cancels it instead? and i think divine hymn if not buffed in the amount it heals maybe heal an extra player? so 4 people every tick, and make it up to 16 heals overall?
    i just think they've forgotten about it in some ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by feoto View Post
    great feedback, well maybe from the talk of hymn of hope, it should be channeled but moving doesn't cancel the channel?
    so it'd basically be a few secs without being able to cast as perusal, but you wont find your self having to cancel it because you'd be stood in an aoe pool,
    or cancel it because of a boss ability which you have to move from. and maybe the same for divine hymn? maybe casting a new spell after activating them
    cancels it instead? and i think divine hymn if not buffed in the amount it heals maybe heal an extra player? so 4 people every tick, and make it up to 16 heals overall?
    i just think they've forgotten about it in some ways.
    Some people never have enough. Do you really want a so poweful spell? I prefer having 15 weak spells and thinking every moment what to use rather than "oh... everyone has low hp, lets heal them all at 100%, I push Divine Hymn..."

Some people needs cheats like /godmode to have fun...

I reckon they both have their uses and personally don't think they really need changing. Hymn of hope though ticks me off, well our warlocks that hover around 300 mana from the 30 second mark onwards more specifically :P

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll understand the importance of Divine hymn once you reach Nefarian 10-man or Cho'gal, or the Elemental Council or Chimaeron, or... Or... Or...

This spell is so freaking awesome. Also, mine ticks for about 13k non crit on 10075 spell power.

Deleted
    The 12 heal limit doesn't seem to be enforced by the way. I've used it on Cookie and had about 40-50 ticks due to the massive haste buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing this spell needs is a slightly lower cooldown. I hate having it on one try, wiping, and not having it the next try.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv View Post

This has been covered in another post. Pop your shadowfiend, which gives you a return based on your MAXIMUM mana, then pop hymn of hope. You'll get significantly more mana back.
    That said, OP, I, too, am disappointed with the state of Hymn of healing. Just doesn't have the immediate impact (throughput) it did before, especially considering its long CD. However, it still is a nice "smart" heal to have in our back pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    HoH is worth channeling. It's 2% mana back per tick and it's not only going to you, it's going to others as well. Try to think about your team more than yourself.

Quoted for truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Some people never have enough. Do you really want a so poweful spell? I prefer having 15 weak spells and thinking every moment what to use rather than "oh... everyone has low hp, lets heal them all at 100%, I push Divine Hymn..."

Some people needs cheats like /godmode to have fun...
    i'm not saying i need cheats i'm fine with healing without it to be completely honest, but i don't bother using it any more, and would use it if was slightly buffed. and also to what someone else has said CD time too long. so maybe there are some changes that could be made.
    and i guess after the patch it's actually starting to do something after you put sheilds up on everyone or powerword barrier, then it's slightly more effective. but again i find myself reluctant to use it as you can get more and better heals out of using other spells.

Divine Hymn is just fine. It can pump out over 100k healing in it's duration and increases all healing done by 10% on those targets. It's fantastic for high constant damage phases. I would like to see a lower cooldown, but it's not as bad as you all are making it out to be, especially in 10m.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest