Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Was doing Altairus yesterday and managed to blow out a full Divine Hymn - while standing upwind all the time.

According to my recount, it hit 27 times during those 8 seconds (which comes down to around +112,5% haste), doing a whopping 31k+ healing per second then . The "maximum of 12 targets" is not enforced, and I am not sure if this is a tooltip error - since you can heal at most 12 people anyway, unhasted - or that it's a real bug in that it needs to cut off once it has hit 12 targets.

Since it shares an identical ratio as Renew (12 sec total with 3 sec intervals for Renew, 8 sec total with 2 sec intervals for Hymn), it is also on exactly the same Haste table as Renew. In other words, at +12,5% Haste, your Divine Hymn will hit 15 times, instead of 12. Pushing for the next "bump" is, well, pushing it, since you only get that at +37,5% haste, or 4805 Haste Rating.

As an aside, I learned that the buff from Altairus is just that, a straight-up +100% Haste, or better said, equal to 12.812,5 Haste Rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still very useful in a tight situation, though not strong enough to save a raid itself the +10% healing received makes it a cheap way for you and another healer to full heal the raid

It is to weak for sure, if you think how long the CD is, soon or later it will get buffed somehow.[COLOR="red"]

edit:
    or re-designed, could been like blade flurry to rogues, you turn it on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by nagina View Post
    re-designed, could been like blade flurry to rogues, you turn it on and off.
    I don't even understand how that would work at all...

Its so powerful in a raid situation like others said. The healing it does is really nice, but its the 10% heal buff that is what makes this spell invaluable. Combined with Circle of Healing, Sanctuary, and just about any other AoE spell you can easily get some insane healing.

Like... drains 2k mana every 2sec and heals 3 lowest targets for XXXX, maximum 10sec etc. Something like that, would be fun to have it powerful but expensive, but yeah, just some random idea from me, I like it how the spell is now, but i feel its kinda underpowered compared to druid one.

Deleted
    it also ignores LoS so is amazing for pvp healing when things get sticky

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaysha View Post
    Since it shares an identical ratio as Renew (12 sec total with 3 sec intervals for Renew, 8 sec total with 2 sec intervals for Hymn), it is also on exactly the same Haste table as Renew. In other words, at +12,5% Haste, your Divine Hymn will hit 15 times, instead of 12. Pushing for the next "bump" is, well, pushing it, since you only get that at +37,5% haste, or 4805 Haste Rating.
    Power infusion + borrowed time = 34%. Easy.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Hymn should be affected by Chakra, so if you are in Serenity it counts as a direct heal that will refresh renews on the target and have a higher Crit chance, in Sanctuary it is 15% stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Divine Hymn is just fine. It can pump out over 100k healing in it's duration and increases all healing done by 10% on those targets. It's fantastic for high constant damage phases. I would like to see a lower cooldown, but it's not as bad as you all are making it out to be, especially in 10m.
    I really love having it as Shadow in progression raiding, actually. It's nice being able to take up a little of the healing burden while another Priest channels Hymn of Hope or after some very heavy AoE.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Like a couple others have said, no changes to how the spell itself works are needed. It is still an amazing tool, inline with other healing cds. The only change it really needs or deserves is a switch from an 8min cd to a 5min cd so that it's available for every attempt without being used more than once per attempt.

Tbh i think it needs buffing, lower CD or more healing/targets.
    compared to my druids tranquility its pitiful, healing 400k from one tranq in 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    Power infusion + borrowed time = 34%. Easy.
    Absolutely true ... but a bit besides the point . I meant haste from static sources, like gear and gems. Besides, I am Holy, not Disc - actually we don't have any active, raiding Disc Priests in my guild.

DH is amazing for a shadow priest also. It's nice to have a button I can press when shit hits the fan.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'