Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lol so heroics are still the same as they were pre nerfs

aight so,maybe i was just in a bad group because all the people ive heard say there so easy and they just faceroll thru them with like 1 wipe.i figured today id check em out cuz i was bored,so i queued up random heroic.got deadmines

first,like 3 people died from glubtoks firewall.but we still downed it,then we got to admiral ripsnarl and im suprised that wasnt fail.we got to cookie and wiped like 5 times before i left

was i just in a bad group,or are heroics still not doable with your average random pug group

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably got a bad group, people will always stand in fire, and people will ALWAYS eat the good food to pillow their dps and die 5 seconds later.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

If Glubtok's firewall and Cookie, of all things, are what are wiping you, it's certainly not the instance's fault.

Those are simple retard checks. Keep moving so the fire doesn't get you. Pick up bad food, then good food, then repeat. This is not rocket science.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    For the love of..whatever..post in one of the other "lolheroicsarefacerol" threads.

Coold kids raid. The fact that you have to post about 5 mans makes you just...not cool.
    well see.im a melee dps,so i dont get to raid as much anymore because blizzard just felt like taking a steaming dump on melee dps this expansion and make the encounters so were i take alot of damage so i get benched because of it

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, a guy just started a thread that is an exact counter to this one:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post10400540

Fact of the matter is, heroic difficulty has never been determined by the difficulty of the actual encounters. Heroic difficulty is determined by how many mouth breathing idiots you have in your group. The more you have, the harder it is. Your group was awful btw.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    well see.im a melee dps,so i dont get to raid as much anymore because blizzard just felt like taking a steaming dump on melee dps this expansion and make the encounters so were i take alot of damage so i get benched because of it
    Hi, I'm an Enhancement Shaman. I likely have less HP than you and fewer survivability CDs, and I have yet to have any real problems in raids or heroics (8/12 atm). Stop being bad and they'll probably bring you more.

Additionally, it is without a doubt possible to completely AoE zerg trash in most heroics now, even in a pug, thanks to the advent of 15% LotD. Pay attention and you'll do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Heroics should be hard. They are called heroics for a reason. As far as "nerfs" you obviously did not read the patch notes properly.
    hard yes.not doable with random pugs,no

and ive did more then just deadmines once.i used to run heroics everyday before the nerfs.i finally got sick of unfinished wipefests so i stopped doing them,i figured id queue up today to see how they were.they seem to still be wipefests so i guess i wont be doing them again

kinda sucks though cuz i need jp for more heirlooms.but i guess maybe i was in a bad group so ill try it again sometime but im not expecting much,all i want anyway is just jp for heirlooms and i can get that running normals which i facerolled halls of origination normal the last time i ran it

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    aight so,maybe i was just in a bad group because all the people ive heard say there so easy and they just faceroll thru them with like 1 wipe.i figured today id check em out cuz i was bored,so i queued up random heroic.got deadmines

first,like 3 people died from glubtoks firewall.but we still downed it,then we got to admiral ripsnarl and im suprised that wasnt fail.we got to cookie and wiped like 5 times before i left

was i just in a bad group,or are heroics still not doable with your average random pug group
    Are you gangster since you type like you talk? Anyway you were just unlucky. I've not been in a single group before patch that couldn't kill Cookie.
    Jeffrey Kaplan: The real goal is throughout the Warcraft games how many times can you kill Mal'Ganis?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranov View Post
    Hi, I'm an Enhancement Shaman. I likely have less HP than you and fewer survivability CDs, and I have yet to have any real problems in raids or heroics (8/12 atm). Stop being bad and they'll probably bring you more.

Additionally, it is without a doubt possible to completely AoE zerg trash in most heroics now, even in a pug, thanks to the advent of 15% LotD. Pay attention and you'll do just fine.
    I'm with this guy, I'm 8/12 as well in cata and I'm a Frost DK (yes, even after Howling blast nerf) and heroics are easy. Nothing like doing 18k dps on fight with 15% buff in randoms lol

I did Deadmines this morning with a great tank and healer. I was Ret dps (will not comment on my own skill)
    The other 2 dps (rogue and a lock) had never done a Cata heroic before..ever, on any toon. They did 4-5k each.

Finished in 40 mins, zero wipes, easy as pie.

Heroics are very easy now.
    I would try doing more than just one single lfg before making a thread about how after +15% dmg & healing buff, they are exactly as difficult as before.

Deleted
    I don't usually wipe in pugs, which indicates that either the "average" pug does fine in heroics albeit being a little slow. That or I'm just so darn awesome that I bring the average player skill up enough to compensate (whilst being a DPS)

I'll assume the former, though I won't discount the latter.

they are exactly as difficult as before.
    doesnt really make me wanna do them then even with the nerfs and the 15 percent buff.seeing as how i used to do them everyday and got tired of wasting half my day with fail pugs that wiped over and over again and never actually finished the dungeons

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Youre group was just the pinnacle of bad.

Failing to the simple retard checks, is like standing to fire. You cannot out gear stupidity.

They are extremely faceroll now.

ya i guess ill try some more but i dont know.i used to run heroics everyday and i just got tired of never finishing any of them because of bads and failures

Get a guild or some friends. Problem solved.

I haven't solo queue'd for a heroic once in the last month, and my sanity is all the better for it.

you shouldnt have to be forced to run with your guild in order to suceed in heroics

i do raids with my guild.i do heroics with pugs,eather way i guess it isnt to serious business cuz i only started doing them today just to see how they were if they were actually doable with pugs now.ive only did one but it kinda doesnt seem like they are still

You aren't forced to, but why would you want to subject yourself to the legions of terrible that inhabit the LFD system when you can easily grab a few friends and make any instance ridiculously easy?

because no one i know does them anymore

but whatever,ill get vp from raids i guess.im doin normals to get jp to get the rest of the heirlooms i need i guess