10+ Year Old Account

Bane of Havoc on AoE pulls vs Bane of Doom.

So my question is:

when does bane of havoc (on a boss for instance) become a bigger dps spell than bane of doom.

hear me out.

i put bane of havoc on boss, he spawns 10 adds (for example), if Havoc gets 15% of the damage i do to EVERYONE, when will Havoc do more damage than Doom?

will it ever do more damage than doom?

i think its probably unrealistic to think it would, But for all the maths buffs out there, how many adds/how much dps must we do for Havoc to out dps Doom???

just a passing thought......

and if the boss will not survive for 1 min to receive a full Doom ticks, will Havoc ever be a dps increase???

this may seam retarded.... -.-

Whenever 15% of the AoE damage over X seconds surpasses a tick of Doom + 2 GCDs, whereas X seconds is the time remaining on your next Doom tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Whenever 15% of the AoE damage over X seconds surpasses a tick of Doom + 2 GCDs, whereas X seconds is the time remaining on your next Doom tick.
    ummm, what? sorry i didn't really understand that? lol

Maloriak is good fight for this, look at timer for next phase (green one) put BoH on boss, and zerg adds, you will do really nice damage, yes there is damage bonus, but it work on every fight like that. It is really only about is BoH more than BoD? If you AoE 30 seconds, we speak about two ticks of BoD, if fast AoE like Maloriak, it is one tick.