Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm more confused on what people expect the United States to actually DO. It's not like it's a genocidal regime in the ranks of Stalin or Hussein.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    dont report yet. so far so good.
    I haven't, but I seriously doubt there's any need to as clearly there's already a mod that's seen the thread and is wary about it. Maybe that will keep people in line, who knows
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Why say "your" motives as if every single household in America owns at least two gas stations?
    OP used "we". Didn't he?

And as georgedeslandes said, most people question your motives. And your motives are your interests. Everything else is an excuse.

As for me saying "your", you can take it as you want. "Your motives" or "your politician's motives" or "your huge corporations' that effectively rule all the political world motives".

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    America needs to get involved for reasons much larger than oil. If whoever comes to power is anti-American, then we lose a huge ally in the Middle East. Then Israel is going to be in a terrible position, surrounded by a bunch of countries that don't like them very much, and it may erupt into a much much bigger conflict.

I'm not saying America has to be involved for everything to work out. Hell, we put Saddam Hussein in power. We were all buddy buddy with Osama bin Laden when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. Look at all that has happened since then.

Worst case scenario is that Egypt becomes another Iran, then we are all f'ed.
    Unfortunately, since it's conservatives that first started saying this, nobody else will listen until (if such a situation does occur)it's too late.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

You hate when we are "Meddling" in other countries affairs. Yet when we stay low key about it, (Egypt) you ask us to do more...... IM CONFUSED!
    Honestly, I think we should get our reporters the hell out of there. I can't stand them bitching on their blogs about how they're getting held up, threatened, shot at, and what not when- news at 11! YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RIOT.

I'm aware it's their jobs to report what's going on. But in the bleeding thick of the fighting? Are you all CRAZY?!

Yo I dont believe a thing I just said, I am just at work being bored...

America can do what ever the hell they like as long as they leave me alone. I mean all the "non- Americans" ie Europeans have more blood on their hands, due to colonialisation and the stupid amount of European/ religious wars fought.

We can hardly talk about invading countries to get at resources.

I retract my statement

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey hey, Obama is pushing for electric cars. They even have commercials for them now.

Also.. let's get this straight.. as awkward as it sounds.. the US government doesn't represent us.. especially since these days it's been reduced to a reality show competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    There's plenty of oil in Egypt...

North of the Nile Delta and the Western Desert are large crude oil production areas - hell, one of Egypt's main exports is oil.

America isn't getting involved, but there is oil there! LOGIC BE DAMNED!
    oh boy...

whatthefuckamireading.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Unfortunately, since it's conservatives that first started saying this, nobody else will listen until (if such a situation does occur)it's too late.
    iran happened because we supported an unpopular leader no 1 liked and picked him over the iranian people while the people went to others who offered them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    America needs to get involved for reasons much larger than oil. If whoever comes to power is anti-American, then we lose a huge ally in the Middle East. Then Israel is going to be in a terrible position, surrounded by a bunch of countries that don't like them very much, and it may erupt into a much much bigger conflict.

I'm not saying America has to be involved for everything to work out. Hell, we put Saddam Hussein in power. We were all buddy buddy with Osama bin Laden when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan. Look at all that has happened since then.

Worst case scenario is that Egypt becomes another Iran, then we are all f'ed.
    That's actually a good point. Maybe America should take more action, make they should take less. But the fact of the matter is, what happens in Egypt is very important to them, and the rest of the world. The people saying that America should butt out because it's not their business are short-sighted fools.

Sadly enough, if Egypt does become Iran 2.0, five years from now you'll have a bunch of people criticising America for not intervening.

Essentially, people hate on America, and no matter what they do, they're doing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    That's actually a good point. Maybe America should take more action, make they should take less. But the fact of the matter is, what happens in Egypt is very important to them, and the rest of the world. The people saying that America should butt out because it's not their business are short-sighted fools.

Sadly enough, if Egypt does become Iran 2.0, five years from now you'll have a bunch of people criticising America for not intervening.

Essentially, people hate on America, and no matter what they do, they're doing it wrong.
    One of the quirks of being a superpower. You can do exactly what people ask, and when it goes awry, they rebel and deny any affiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I think I'm more confused on what people expect the United States to actually DO. It's not like it's a genocidal regime in the ranks of Stalin or Hussein.
    the united states put hussein in power in the first place.

Deleted
    "Non-americans" isn't one person.

This is like saying "I know this guy Steve, who likes chocolate. I also know this other guy Bob, who likes vanilla. Why can't they make up their minds?!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    You hate when we are "Meddling" in other countries affairs. Yet when we stay low key about it, (Egypt) you ask us to do more...... IM CONFUSED!
    here, I will lay out a basic foundation even you can understand:
    If "meddling" = invading another country to strip them of natural resources under the guise of something else, then the world would prefer you bugger off.
    If "meddling"= helping to return a foundation of everyday life so that PEOPLE (not nations, governments. or corperations), may return to everyday life, have at it.
    Understand?

I think space god in Futurama put it perfectly

Deleted
    guys seems to be a little political and i can see a bit of hate maybe going the american way so id be careful with the posts cause all i se coming is ban ban ban.

i will answer about the generalisation of the posts though,the origanal post starts with "you hate when WE are meddling" maybe he should have put you hate when the american goverment is meddling it may have stopped people from carrying on the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post

You can't really blame larger parts of the rest of the world for that, if you go by records. America have their ways of acting like a big brother where they don't belong.
    Now, I think that it's good if the rest of the world could help out in the raging conflicts in Egypt, because I'm quite certain that no one wants more bloodshed then necessary, Africans, Europeans nor Americans alike, but really, again, if you go by history, people hate on America because for some reason they have to intervene where they don't belong and it doesn't really end all that well all of the time, y'know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    oh boy...

whatthefuckamireading.jpg
    Alright, let's have some fun.

http://www.oapecorg.org/

Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries. Which one is a member? Egypt. But if they don't have oil, how can they export petroleum and crude oil!?

The Sumed Pipeline carries oil from the Ain Suknha terminal (spelling may be off) and runs along the Suez Canal with a maximum discharge of 2.5 million barrels of OIL A DAY.

That's only TWO examples of literally DOZENS. Do you have anything informative or are you just gonna shit on your keyboard again?

There's no incentive to go into Egypt. Quite frankly, we need to be keeping out of everybody's business and recover our economy a lot faster, but when the decision is made to do the opposite of that, there had better be something in return(like lots of oil). It's a terrible philosophy that I wish we'd drop already, but that's the general idea nonetheless.

That said, I'd like for the US to back the people of Egypt and have Obama call for Egypt's government to step down. No need for troops, just a transcript and some publicity. Make it publicly known that the US supports Egypt, and that the rest of the world should too.

Egypt is not a part of Europe.
    Your argument is invalid considering it is the Europeans that hate it when you meddle with others affairs.
    I might be wrong though.