Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    By having 1 ranged out, the pillar is guaranteed to be in the same spot. Also, it's alot easier to move 1 person than a whole party full.
    But it seemed we got pillar in melee range, is it really always on ranged, so someone have not been actually in melee like 1yd away?

Deleted
    We raid 2-3days a week from 7-10.30 so we have your same time in raiding. I am the raid leader and we had a similar problem with maloriak, now we are 9/12 and we should be atleast 10/12 this week. Its obvious that when shit hits the fan or the boss is low ppl will panic and its the raid leaders job to keep every1 calm and focus. If you are one of thoes raid leaders thats starts to yell excitedly when you see the boss at 10% then the raid will fail. Keep cool and calm through out the fight, never give hope and never take it away, push people dont shove them. If your healers are good enough to keep every1 up your tanks know when to avoid damage and your dps keep a steady dps and dont fail in pillars and such the only issue remaining is ....well you. Dont under estimate the purpose of the raid leader.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    my guild actually started on magmaw first, and we have our warrior tank tank the parasites with a little help from our hunter, other than that we are hero'ing on the first exposed head, where the heals regen their mana (innervate/divine plea/trinkets) rinse and repeat has always worked for us. we usually roll with 1 pally (me), 1 priest, and 1 druid. oh and we're a 10man raid so im not sure how 25 works.

happy raiding
    Following the Light since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    But it seemed we got pillar in melee range, is it really always on ranged, so someone have not been actually in melee like 1yd away?
    I believe everyone has to be within 10 (maybe 5?) yards for this to work. If a pillar spawned in melee, someone was too far out.

The first time we downed Magmaw we had a similar raid make up with two hunters and myself (boomkin) taking care of the ads. The hunters were at ranged to keep the pillars out of the group, threw down frost traps and whatnot. AOE from the hunters and my own AOE + sunfire/moonfire spam were more than enough to take out the parasites. We only have one hunter now but use the same strat with a few more ranged dps switching to ads (DPS: boomkin, mm hunter, s priest, lock, enhance shaman).

However, 12k is a bit low for 346+rep/crafted epics. Our lowest dps was our DK tank that switched to DPS for the fight (we single tank) at 11k with 4 lvl 316 greens. All the DPS was between 15.7k-20k. We've only been raiding for three weeks so we have a couple valor epics but few raid drops (only Magmaw in BWD and just got the sparkle twins last Thursday) so we aren't super geared or anything.

One thing that may be your problem is focus. I run a 10 man raid group as well and we are only 4/12 pretty much due to focus.

Some of these fights are relatively long and my raiders had gotten used to really short fights in WotLK raiding so when they meet a longer fight they can't focus for as long as needed. This may be your problem, I don't know, but for my group its starting to fix itself over time as people have started to realize they need to focus.

On Magmaw in our guild our demo warlock has the #1 DPS in the world at 30k with our mage ranking at 25k. Dps seems a bit low on your side, make sure you raiders are gemmed and enchanted and spec'd properly. Another suggestion would be to start getting world of logs going so you can compare your raiders to raiders that get bosses down and find problems.

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    then someone is not stacked up. they should essentially be stacked as close to magmaw as possible, there's not a lot of reasons to EVER be out of melee range of him. The debuff is capped at 3. We have a warrior tank them and he takes care of them by himself. I tank magmaw, and use CDs either while being eaten or after the burn phase due to the 50% reduced armor. As long as you all stack smart and pop all dps cooldowns when the head is down, rather than up, and your main tank is taunting magmaw back after that phase (immediately) it's not a very difficult fight.

Deleted
    well guys,

we did it!!! progress was made tonight.

i was tanking the adds and all dps remained on boss (magmaw)
    we lost 1 dps when his head came up the first time but still did it

we downed him in the second try.

thanks for all the tips

Quote Originally Posted by Houbski View Post
    well guys,

thanks for all the tips
    Grats man.

Deleted
    yeah my guild is struggling too. they have only killed magmaw and omnitron. I havent played with them since i have little interest in 10mans, and 2 melee spots for a whole guild means 0 raiding

They have taken the 'bring the player not the class' to crazy new levels, taking 4 priests (2 holy 2 shadow), 2 rogues, a hunter and holy pala, and the 2 tanks, which may be why they are struggling.

Only advice I can offer you as a long time officer / raidleader is to keep at it. Make sure you have ventrillo / voice chat, and keep a friendly atmosphere, where you can discuss problems you are having and learn from your mistakes. This is alot easier as a 10man guild. From what I hear this tier is fairly tricky compared to WOTLK farmfests, so treat it all as progression and have patience Practice makes perfect

well guys,

thanks for all the tips
    Grats man....

I know it must be a great feeling after so much work was put into downing that boss....keep up the good work.

PS: Should have linked what dropped lol....

10+ Year Old Account
    For Magmaw my guild puts a hunter on add duty. I help out with a shadowfury but other than that the hunter handles the adds and everyone else focuses on boss and its been working for us.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

yea since you have a prot warrior, use him to tank the adds on magmaw, just have him stay out in range, everyone else group up on the side the MT isnt on, gather em all up and he will hardly ever need heals since victory rush is amazing

ODS is actually pretty damn easy ONCE you get the mechanics down, I know for the first week my guild struggled to get it, even had a few 1 and 2% wipes, but now its just so easy we could prolly do it in greens.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know you already killed him now, but a couple tips for using warrior OT on adds: Make sure he gets the victory rush glyph and field dressing talent (most prots take this anyways as its first tier arms), and the cleave glyph is nice too for getting adds down. Since you have 2 hunters, you have to make sure to tell them to stay at the very minimum range possible or you will get a pillar on melee. Also make sure to tell ppl to pay attention because even if you do get a pillar on the group, its still salvageable if everyone pays attention and moves to the other side before the adds all come down.

Deleted
    well guys,

thanks for all the tips
    Checked after the weekend and now I am a happy helper Thanks for feedback!

Deleted
    The question you would like to ask yourself is, are you planning to outgear or outskill the content?

Conclave and Omnitron has a much lower gear requirement and can probably be done in full green with perfect execution. While Magmaw and Halfus gets extremely easy with the gear.

So if you have a good group that can understand the basics of the mechanics, while lacking gear, Conclave and Omni is the fights for you. If you are more of the outgear and zerg down kind of group, I would say go for Magmaw or Halfus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    If you are more of the outgear and zerg down kind of group, I would say go for Magmaw or Halfus.
    Hmm I don't agree 100% with that... Halfus' difficulty highly depends on the week's active dragons

Deleted
    luck has changed it seems.
    omnitron and conclave down.

going to start on valonia now.
    thanks again (i also stayed "cool" when we were below 20% and didnt stressed like i did before :P)

learning curve

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpx View Post
    I dont really see any issues with the dps, how the healers manage I cant tell. But from what you say by hitting the enrage something must be wrong.

For Magmaw you could have a tank (prefer pala / war), tank the parasites and nuke them down alone, while all dps'ers just focus on Magmaw. This works for our guild (Not that we need it, its just easier)
    We found a frost DK in blood presence specced into chillblains is best. Adds can't even touch him.

Couple things, BWD 5/6 is easier than Twin Drakes IMO, that said here are some tweaks for you:

Magmaw
    Head jumpers, about 5 seconds after the fire covers half the room is when you can jump on his head, make sure you are NOT in front of him but rather on a side.
    Our setup has all DPS on his left really really close melee range, tank on right, and hunter at about 15 - 17 yards away for ads.
    If you miss a chain to the ground it can wipe you pretty easy by not allowing time to get healers mana regen going. 3 chained phases and he should be down. AOE the ads ASAP, they do stacking damage to people, typhoon and sham's knockback both work, hunter slow trap, earthbind totem, w/e you need to do to get them down, have ALL dps on them, since the burn phase is when he is chained down. After tank gets eaten he will need more heals.

Omnitron
    Number ONE raid killer are the ads, kill them asap and make sure people run like the wind if they get the raid marker
    Never ever ever break a shield, I one shot this with a PUG / ALT raid I set up the other night because people were mindful of those 2 things, also mage spell steal arcanotrons buff, thats about it with other little things.