herb prices are insane

http://img28.imageshack.us/i/flasks.jpg/

above is a spreadsheet i made with excel that uses current prices(i didnt include vials cuz they are cheap) vs what an item sells for.

when i input prices are put in prices for an average to buy the cheapest 200 herbs and to sell the flask i put the lowest price up there.

i would lose even more gold after the ah gets its cut.

pre patch i could make like 50g per flask but now its just dumb

That's what the procs are for. Same thing holds true for trugold on my server. The prices of pyrium bars are usually around 30-40g each. Volatile air is 20g, volatile fire is 15g, and volatile water is 10g. Trugold bars sell for less than 600g each. With that said, you would usually just barely meet the break even point after the AH cut since nobody ever wants to buy them in trade unless they are 50-100g less than AH.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Most guilds are making their own... the crowd of alchemists trying to sell them don't have many buyers. Even flask mastery spec'd, the margins on my server are inverted. You're better off selling the raw materials.

i usually just sell my truegold cds on my 5 alchemists but a week ago i could buy mats and make flasks and sell them for a large profit

moral of the story: farm your own herbs = profit

Quote Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
    More like: if you need flasks, farm herbs, sell them and then buy flasks from the AH. :P

Gotta love the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said earlier, you need to get procs to make flask selling worth it.

Edit, nevermind you kept the 9g each volatile life part hidden. That ruined my whole post.
    Last edited by snodeath; 2011-02-11 at 02:59 PM.

I agree, your server prices are insane
    For me the prices on herbs are about half and on volatile life they are 2-3g each rather than 9. Flasks go for about 100g each so it's pretty much the same in that regard though, without procs you make flasks with a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    I agree, your server prices are insane
    For me the prices on herbs are about half and on volatile life they are 2-3g each rather than 9. Flasks go for about 100g each so it's pretty much the same in that regard though, without procs you make flasks with a loss.
    Based on server metrics, yours appears to be the exception, not the rule. Volatile Life range from 9-17g ea across a 20-server sample of 26,000 auctions.

Deleted
    i sell truegold, keep the procs.

i make flasks for the guildachievement, but usually i send everything to my scribe..

DMF rep ftw...

Quote Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
    Moral of the story: Farming materials for crafting is almost always a waste of money. You can better spend the time you'd be farming playing the AH and getting your mats there.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server, mat costs are even higher than that. "Disgusting" is the word I like to use for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    More like: if you need flasks, farm herbs, sell them and then buy flasks from the AH. :P

Gotta love the irony.
    QFT!

In other news, has anyone else noticed the herb prices tanking hard? Heartblossom/Twilight Jasmine/Azshara's Veil have almost dropped down to half of what they used to be. Whiptail is also getting close to Stormvine/Cinderbloom prices but at least I know the reason behind that. Have all the herb respawn rates been buffed or what?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely