Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimstrike View Post
    If you're talking about Chimaeron. Please have your MM hunter check his rotation (Elitist Jerks imo), he should be AT LEAST 3-4k DPS ahead of you.
    Marks is only a hair above BM right now. Survival is currently far behind both. Spreadsheet shows me only losing 300~ dps as BM compared to marks.

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Argg0 View Post
    It is as viable as Frost Mage, Arms, etc. You are just losing too much potential (though, in BM's case, not that much).
    Barely any at all. If not the opposite on fights with movement.

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 08:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyana View Post
    On chim I was 27k DPS once I got into it while spamming two buttons. BM is not going to do that no matter how hard you wish and squeeze your eyes shut and join the matrix or whatever.

And I am happy with the proposed change to hawk + aimed shot. That should balance all 3 trees a lot more and I feel hawk isn't a bad move really, it will take some skill extra for hunters to keep aspect swapping. Might even enjoy a spot of BM then!
    No, you weren't. http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...aeron/25N/dps/

Further, again, BM is only 1-2% behind marks. We're talking like 100ish real world dps. Stop being ignorant.
    Last edited by glo; 2011-02-12 at 08:25 AM.

theory crafting serious business :\ does the boss fall over?

YES: Collect bacon, (Check's DPS) I'm god at mashing buttons. There is so much to take into account turn your meters off and keep collecting bacon.
    NO: Mash buttons harder.

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 08:28 AM ----------

also on a side note play the FOTM spec and get on with it stop wasting space on BM QQ worse than mages.

BM is aptly named not for its performance but for its playstyle and fun meter. Bowl movement spec.

When you think of a mighty hunter, do you imagine a rifle or bow wielding man whom depends on his pet to spot, track, hunt and kill for him? Or do you instead imagine a rifle or bow wielding man whom spots, tracks, hunts and kills his targets with the assistance of a well trained pet?

Beast Mastery is incredibly non-hunteresque. Hunters have an alliance with their pets, not an imbalanced dependency. To be more objective about it: players normally want to provide an alarming majority of their pewpew and not rely on AI NPC sources of damage to balance out their DPS.

So, would you rather be a master marksman able to fire with pinpoint accuracy, a skilled trap artist applying poisons and explosions to your ammunition, or raise puppies.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitPrime View Post
    BM is aptly named not for its performance but for its playstyle and fun meter. Bowl movement spec.

When you think of a mighty hunter, do you imagine a rifle or bow wielding man whom depends on his pet to spot, track, hunt and kill for him? Or do you instead imagine a rifle or bow wielding man whom spots, tracks, hunts and kills his targets with the assistance of a well trained pet?

Beast Mastery is incredibly non-hunteresque. Hunters have an alliance with their pets, not an imbalanced dependency. To be more objective about it: players normally want to provide an alarming majority of their pewpew and not rely on AI NPC sources of damage to balance out their DPS.

So, would you rather be a master marksman able to fire with pinpoint accuracy, a skilled trap artist applying poisons and explosions to your ammunition, or raise puppies.
    The overwhelming majority of BM dps comes from the player. I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Just because kill command is counted as pet damage, doesn't mean the player isn't casting the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The overwhelming majority of BM dps comes from the player. I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. Just because kill command is counted as pet damage, doesn't mean the player isn't casting the ability.
    Ah, but the hunter doesn't shoot a kill command, does he? That's the boring part.

Ah, but the hunter doesn't shoot a kill command, does he? That's the boring part.
    plus, the alarmingly buggy kill command range does not sound like a lot of fun to deal with in a raid. thinking about having to play bm again to be competitive brings up horrible memories of raiding in SSC/TK/BT and if my pet dies, or gets bugged out, i instantly lose a ton of dps and drop to near the bottom of the meters.

Deleted

Puppies!!!

i LOVE bm. its the best class to farm skinning with

Quote Originally Posted by seraphien View Post
    No, BM had never been overlooked because they had never been looked at before.
    LOLOL - dare to dream

BM = zzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Deleted
    Its sad to see the amount of ignorant hunter trolls here. BM is an amazing spec for single target (I top meters on Boss fights). On Aoe it is average. Not bad, just average. You guys spec BM for the first time and expect to do 999 million DPS. You have to learn and get used to any spec/class. You dont get into a car and expect to drive it without learning a bit about them first do you?

Quote Originally Posted by sageosaka View Post
    plus, the alarmingly buggy kill command range does not sound like a lot of fun to deal with in a raid. thinking about having to play bm again to be competitive brings up horrible memories of raiding in SSC/TK/BT and if my pet dies, or gets bugged out, i instantly lose a ton of dps and drop to near the bottom of the meters.
    Kill command can be annoying, but can also be great. The only fight that really involves movement of the boss is Twilight Council, with Arion + Feludius, but in both cases you can put your pet on the other one. Also in the case of some fights if you ever get out of range of the boss you can still cast Kill Command, which will help your DPS versus MM or SV in the same situation. There is no Leotheras the Blind constantly being kited around, etc, and the raid bosses hit boxes are so ridiculously large it is pretty easy for the pet to be on them (almost too large to the point if they get 'near' me I whack them with my staff despite being pretty far from the boss!)

That said if they raised Kill Commands range to 8m, there would be no problem at all with mobs kiting. The bigger problem with kill command is in pvp where people can just run around in a circle and your pet is just out of range. Again increasing to 8m would help. But kill command has also gotten the kill on a healer who tried to los me before as well. Everything has its ups and downs!