Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just give up on the Devs

Not only do they not fix any of the hunter changes that didn't go through with the patch (aimed shot cast time, deterrence while disarmed, etc) but they still go ahead and hotfix nerf us. So they have the time to look at our good abilities but not the bugged ones.. The Master's Call change is pretty much the last straw, though.

Pre-4.0.6- Blizzard thinks hunter mobility is underpowered, lets buff it.
    patch 4.0.6- Buff Master's Call to help mobility
    post-patch 4.0.6- Hunters are able to do damage now and stay out of melee range for 8 seconds, but thats overpowered. Lets nerf it.
    Now- Master's Call, and hunter mobility, is worse than before the patch. Its worse than when they deemed it underpowered. Master's Call is as good as removed from arena or any fight with a half-average player (mage.)

Superb. My post about the master's call change was swiftly deleted, as was many of my other ones on their forums having to do with hunter bugs that came with the patch...

At least they didn't make your deterrence and disengage share cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

1) Hunters are still competative in a raid enviornment.
    2) Hunters are still competative in a PvP enviornment.

I fail to see the problem here.

The problem being is the devs once again graced us with their clear knowledge of this class and their ability to think changes over before applying them. The Master's Call change is embarassing, since it pretty much removes Master's Call from arena, and fights with mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    2) Hunters are still competative in a PvP enviornment.
    Certainly not 1v1 or in arena.

This is a fucking joke, and I share your sentiments, penguintamer, this is the final straw for me. After 6 years of playing my hunter, dealing with little glimmers of hope only to have it yanked away from me, then mocked afterward, I'm calling it quits.

Deleted
    I have been asking me the same thing, what kind of employes do they have over there? A few examples ->

1. Tol Barad in the beggining awarded 1.8k honor if winning while attacking, thats almost a bloodthirsty item for 1 win. Did they even think here?

2. Frost mages, what can i say? 1 Class that has sheep, ring of frost, 2 x frost nova, slows and a cone that dosent break when they dmg the target. Not only are their CC insane, the also have silence, time warp, evocation, ice block, ice barrier AND invisibility!
    ONE CLASS having all this is fucking ridiculous and tells me one thing and thats that the people that "work" with this is A. Not working at all or B. The most stupid fuckers walking this planet.

3. The hunter changes in 4.0.6 aint even worth talking about, making a fun class with mobility in to a bloody mess. MM has no feeling what so ever, you only stand there like a fool casting SS and AiS and the SV dps is way to low to even be worth playing compared to MM.

There are so much that i dont even have the energy to continue, or well 1 more thing. Making the dps meta in 4.0.3 require more blues then reds, haha wtf? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Barash View Post
    Certainly not 1v1 or in arena.

This is a fucking joke, and I share your sentiments, penguintamer, this is the final straw for me. After 6 years of playing my hunter, dealing with little glimmers of hope only to have it yanked away from me, then mocked afterward, I'm calling it quits.
    If you have been playing a hunter for 6 years, you have no reason to complain.

In vanilla, hunters were amazing in PvP and did perfectly well in PvE.

In BC, hunters were FUCKING AMAZING at PvP if you are good at your class, and were top of the charts in raids while spamming a one button macro. Sure, if you weren't a good player, being a hunter might have sucked in PvP for you, but the sheer magnitude of skills that they possessed made the best players practically able to win WSGs by themselves.

In WotLK, hunters were OP in PvE for most of the expac, and when they weren't OP they will still towards the top of the charts. There was also a patch or two where hunters were basically 3.0 ret pallys as survival in PvP, and even when they weren't, they were still THE class for BGs and 1v1. Maybe they weren't as good at arena, but really, everything else more than compensated.

In Cata, hunters have been the top DPS class so far in PvE. And I still don't see what all the complaints are about in PvP. Maybe you just need to learn your class better. Hunters have a skill to counter basically anything any class can ever throw at them. Its not Blizzard's fault if you can't do it.

Also, seriously, stfu already about frost mages. My lvl 82 hunter tears apart lvl 83-84 frost mages no problems. And they literally have double my health. Its a learn to play issue. Stop whining already.

---------- Post added 2011-02-11 at 03:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    IFrost mages, what can i say? 1 Class that has sheep, ring of frost, 2 x frost nova, slows and a cone that dosent break when they dmg the target. Not only are their CC insane, the also have silence, time warp, evocation, ice block, ice barrier AND invisibility!
    ONE CLASS having all this is fucking ridiculous and tells me one thing and thats that the people that "work" with this is A. Not working at all or B. The most stupid fuckers walking this planet.
    DO you seriously want me to list everything a hunter can do? It will make your QQ list look pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I have been asking me the same thing, what kind of employes do they have over there? A few examples ->

1. Tol Barad in the beggining awarded 1.8k honor if winning while attacking, thats almost a bloodthirsty item for 1 win. Did they even think here?

2. Frost mages, what can i say? 1 Class that has sheep, ring of frost, 2 x frost nova, slows and a cone that dosent break when they dmg the target. Not only are their CC insane, the also have silence, time warp, evocation, ice block, ice barrier AND invisibility!

3. The hunter changes in 4.0.6 aint even worth talking about, making a fun class with mobility in to a bloody mess. MM has no feeling what so ever, you only stand there like a fool casting SS and AiS and the SV dps is way to low to even be worth playing compared to MM.

There are so much that i dont even have the energy to continue, or well 1 more thing. Making the dps meta in 4.0.3 require more blues then reds, haha wtf? Really?
    1. Yes, people didn't bitch like little girls when they were getting 1.8k honor per win.

2. All those abilities and mages are pretty much the number one focused class in arena, take a look at AJ and check for yourself. They have so much yet they are shut down ridiculously easily in arena when they are being trained.

3. keep deluding yourself, Hunters are in a very good spot atm.

OP: Hunters smack the crap outta mages at the moment, the only counter they really have is to get into your dead zone. If your "freedom" wasn't dispellable you'd easily kill a mage in its duration and some of your cc shots. Oh, welcome to the plight of all the other classes that suffer from dispels.
    Last edited by Brightspark; 2011-02-11 at 09:57 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take comfort you do not play a warlock, the developers literally broke our class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    DO you seriously want me to list everything a hunter can do? It will make your QQ list look pathetic.
    Please do, or wait, i can do it for you. However it doesnt look pathetic.

Frost Mages CC: Ring of frost, constant slow, sheep, 2xfrost nova
    Interrupts: counterspell
    Survival: Iceblock, Ice barrier, evocation (just sick tbh), invisibility, mana shield, blink and mirror image
    And do i need to tell you about the ice lances? Hard class is hard, facepalm. Add time warp to this.

Hunters CC: Freezing/frost trap, concussive shot, scatter shot, sleep (requires SV)
    Interrupts: Silence shot
    Survival: 5% from CS, Deterrence (4sec-.-), Disengage, master's call, and feign death (shouldnt count imo)

Frost mages are the most OP class there is in PVP atm, or OP wont even cover it, think overkill is the right word to use.

Oh right, because getting absolutely shit on now makes up for us actually being worth the time and effort to level and gear up before?

Get out of the hunter forum, you pathetic troll wannabe.

hahah......i did manage to kill a frost mage 1v ..unbeknown to him there was a rogue nearby..so he chased me way out into stv then dismounted at range..

other than that..if i see a frost mage coming im thinking about leaving

lvling my frost mage in hjal when u get to the weirdwolves..where even on my geared hunter lving there i was reasonably cautious..this mage has a single piece of 264..and tbh....drunk with power isnt the way to describe it...

i can ffb then fb one down ..if they hit me... shatter my ele can do a nova freeze ..snare...icelance spam ..bam...

its insane... theres all these wolves piling up on my feet no wonder a guild frostmage was 85 in a day and bit..

and unlike wrath where u were drinking every second mob..the mana was hardly touched

felt like an 80 running someone through low lvl deadmines..

In vanilla, hunters were amazing in PvP and did perfectly well in PvE.

In BC, hunters were FUCKING AMAZING at PvP if you are good at your class, and were top of the charts in raids while spamming a one button macro. Sure, if you weren't a good player, being a hunter might have sucked in PvP for you, but the sheer magnitude of skills that they possessed made the best players practically able to win WSGs by themselves.

In WotLK, hunters were OP in PvE for most of the expac, and when they weren't OP they will still towards the top of the charts. There was also a patch or two where hunters were basically 3.0 ret pallys as survival in PvP, and even when they weren't, they were still THE class for BGs and 1v1. Maybe they weren't as good at arena, but really, everything else more than compensated.

In Cata, hunters have been the top DPS class so far in PvE. And I still don't see what all the complaints are about in PvP. Maybe you just need to learn your class better. Hunters have a skill to counter basically anything any class can ever throw at them. Its not Blizzard's fault if you can't do it.

Also, seriously, stfu already about frost mages. My lvl 82 hunter tears apart lvl 83-84 frost mages no problems. And they literally have double my health. Its a learn to play issue. Stop whining already

Oh hey mister i pull facts out of my ass. Vanilla - amazing in pvp and pve? yeah right, hunters were in raid only due tranq shot, and nothing more. The boss mechanics made sure(and the tranq cooldown), that you need to have at least 2, better 3 hunters in raid. PVP was amazing? seriously? trap, run away, wait out of combat, retrap, aimed shot..run away ..etc. It was far from amazing. But im sure, you got no clue about what happend back then, otherwise you wouldnt write that.

TCB- FUCKING AMAZING IN PVP - yeah right, and lets bring the "if u were good" card. Hunters were only viable in 1 comp. And the games lasted 30+mins. Thats it. If you didnt have a druid friend, you were boned, and no chance to high ratings(since in tbc, arena was focused around 2v2).
    And even with a druid friend, there was a chance of him replacing you with a warrior, since even when he maybe got a few more losses, the games didnt last 30mins for viper sting.

Ok, lets go to wotlk, where hunters were so op that the bg-s and arenas exploded.
    So, after beeing dead-last for season 1-4 in arena, the amazing op surv tnt stun brings them to rank7! op, nerf!! now!!
    And arena is what counts! nothing else pvp wise doesent, since you couldnt measure it. I know loads of ppl cryed since they lost to a hunter
    in pvp suddenly, and they werent used to it, but fact is, hunters were far from op. THE class for 1v1, yeah ..i dont even try.
    After naxx, hunters didnt top the charts anymore, but they were ok , in top5 at least, no complains pve wise, but saying there were op is just a lie.

In catac so far- aside from the 1st week shine, hunters are top dps in exactly 1 fight. Thats it. Yeah, top dps calss in pve.
    ill fill a extra
    And I still don't see what all the complaints are about in PvP. Maybe you just need to learn your class better. Hunters have a skill to counter basically anything any class can ever throw at them. Its not Blizzard's fault if you can't do it.
    So, having under 1% representation means, all the bads play hunters. But all the amazing guys decides to roll locks/dks.
    Ill tell you why you cant see the complaints in pvp. Its because you got no clue. Otherwise you wouldnt post bs like this.
    Well, actually your whole post is about - im biased about hunters, they need to be free kill to me, so i can call em bad+
    they cant do more dps in raids then me, but if they do, then they are op and faceroll. While im totally skilled and working
    my ass off and im still behind.

I dont know how to tell you, that there are probably thousands of hunters, who are better players than you, and better players that the 2500 rated mages, and yes IT IS THE CLASS, that hinders them to gain these raitings. Because, you might be shocked now, i know, the superskilled guys up there are just better etc, but they are the sayd hunters alts. Guess he just forgets how to play when logging on hunter.

Oh and look, u killed a mage with ur hunter, thats just in, hunters are op now!!! nerf em!

And please, fill in the list about what hunters can do, but only post em, if its the best ability that can do the stated thing.
    Last edited by kunn; 2011-02-12 at 07:45 AM.

I'm freezing my WoW account and going to go play Rift, the open beta starts the 15th so Blizz developer's can kiss my arse.

Can not believe how bad the patching and bugs and nerfs have been since Cata went live...

I just want to say I really feel that no one on the so called developer balance team plays a hunter and understands the class, none of them main a hunter.
    This is very obvious with how they treat the class.

edit:
    I came back to WoW because a friend asked me to, he really thought Cata would bring me back and all... but really all I've seen so far is crap from Blizz.
    I wish gaming sites would cover how bad they're doing with the class balancing and bugs.
    Blizz should be ashamed for the way they're handling this.
    Last edited by NeVeRLiFt; 2011-02-12 at 08:33 AM.

I Agree With Iceberg, Hunters have always been above average through every Xpac, and its just now people having to relearn how to use focus etc, that theya re calling nerfs, instead of sitting in forums that aren't even moderated by blizzard crying bloody murder, spend that time learning to play your class, as i have seen many many hunters that rip apart any class with ease 1v1.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    At least they didn't make your deterrence and disengage share cooldowns.
    Shhh don`t say this
    Anyway i get out from mine lovely hunter it will miss me but he deserve his rest.Till i waiting blizz to balance this class i will go elemental shaman there is no one in the guild and have only 5-6 keybinds so cool
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2011-02-12 at 08:46 AM.

What a bunch of whiney bitches :P

Learn to play the class with the nerf instead of whining - ADAPT! Don't hear me whine about my Warrior being nerfed? because i adapt and found out im still able to kill most frost mages. ( and yes, i still play as ARMS )

10+ Year Old Account

Of all the crazy things that have been done to hunters over the years it is amazing that this is the final straw. Ya, the developers really seem like they just lost every piece of data learned from testing the recent changes, but sadly hunters were not the only class to have the heart strings tugged today. Really an odd day for changes.

The hunter bag-o-tricks became too much for me to handle in wrath. All of the possibilities made my brain hurt and then add in pet controls. Ouch. I still find it amazing how bad the overall hunter player base is. So rare to meet a hunter that actually uses that massive bag to survive and thrive. I just always find myself bashing their heads in and wondering why I have not been scattershot at the very least. Wingclipped and disengaged? Trapped? Deterrence? Ya, they will pop deterrence, then proceed to turn their back and try to run away(with no frost on ground ).

If I were to roll another toon to 85, it would be a hunter. I find myself jealous of all their new pets and missing my old stabled companions from BC. Hope they are still OK in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Poinen View Post
    What a bunch of whiney bitches :P

Learn to play the class with the nerf instead of whining - ADAPT! Don't hear me whine about my Warrior being nerfed? because i adapt and found out im still able to kill most frost mages. ( and yes, i still play as ARMS )
    Oh that's right I forgot that Warriors have sat on the ABSOLUTE bottom of the Arena representation list, for at least 7 seasons, actually even more I think. I had forgotten that.....
    Oh wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    In BC, hunters were FUCKING AMAZING at PvP if you are good at your class, and were top of the charts in raids while spamming a one button macro. Sure, if you weren't a good player, being a hunter might have sucked in PvP for you, but the sheer magnitude of skills that they possessed made the best players practically able to win WSGs by themselves..
    I only want to comment on this. How many and of what kind of drugs/alcohol/major brain injuries have you had since TBC? Hunters were horrid in arenas every season, and the only comp we were even allowed to be successful(not very), was Druid/Hunter. All that comp came down to was going out, Viper Sting the healer blow BW try to kill the dps, die then wait for 30+min for your druid partner to finish the game.

And as far as pve went, yes we got to spam 1 or 2 macros depending on BL, and we never were at the top of the charts. Mages, rogues, warlocks, which you may not remember but these classes were in mass supply in every raid, were topping meters.