Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not to mention, this NERF brings down our AOE capability almost close to original value...lol gg Blizzard

I just did 13.5k - 14k on target dummy without Inner Fire... the nerf is justified and shouldn't be bad.

my current sp is 6853
    (6853/1.25)*1.15 = 6305

6853 - 6305 = 548 sp difference
    Inner Fire gives 532sp

The best way to tell how this nerf will affect you is to DPS without Inner Fire
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-02-12 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    How so? Wasn't it buffed for 0.2% damage per mastery point? (1.3 to 1.5?) Should be some tooltip error.
    Empowered Shadow shows 29%, and the tooltip on the Talent Summary window shows 29%. Doubt it's a tooltip error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

oohh this just came up about boomkins:

We think we overnerfed Balance. Some smart players have pointed out that Balance’s dps was inflated by a bug with Starfall that we have since fixed. With that in mind, we are changing the Moonfury nerf from 15% to 10% instead of 6%. This will be hotfixed soon™.

So...can we do something similar with spriests? lol....

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    oohh this just came up about boomkins:

We think we overnerfed Balance. Some smart players have pointed out that Balance’s dps was inflated by a bug with Starfall that we have since fixed. With that in mind, we are changing the Moonfury nerf from 15% to 10% instead of 6%. This will be hotfixed soon™.

So...can we do something similar with spriests? lol....
    Dark Intent.

The thing that gets me is the fact that we were buffed this much in the first place. They had more than enough time durring PTR to fix things, and they didn't notice this? Did they even consider a shadow priests damage at all? I think we were handed a buff and not tested at all, completely overlooked again.
    That being said I will continue to compete for top dps in my guild, and I will achieve it often. However this will be due largely in part to my skill and understanding of my class , and not any mindless buffs/nerfs that come our way.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    They add a 10% boost of RNG goodness, then nerf a static 10% buff. At best, we're right back where we started. Real-world numbers, we'll probably come out lower than before. That's the life of the Ginger-class in WoW. The only people left playing this class are people who like to have their nipples nearly tore off with biting during sex.
    The ginger class ? lol. at least they didn't nerf the crit bonus to 50% or w.e.

I also think another reason they adjusted the spell damage percentage down from 25% to 15% is probably to homogenize it with our 2 other trees:

Disc: +15% int
    Holy: +15% healing
    Shadow: +15% spelldmg (down from 25%)

Of course the main reason is "too much damage", but I'm certain this also has something to do with it.
    Yes, it's a valid assessment. If I were to guess, it'd be that it takes more effort to balance things when there's a passive bonus buffing the entire tree as a whole. Since they can't go in and literally nerf the primary ability causing balance problems to hell, they would have to do light adjustments in order to not severely nerf or buff Spriests in PvP/PvE. With the overall effectiveness of the shadow tree drastically reduced, they can target specific abilities, talents or spells in need of a buff/nerf to balance things out to a comfortable level.

There was crying that Blizzard has nerfed the sustained damage and not the burst of shadowpriests. If anything gets nerfed, obviously sustained damage will suffer aswell. Trinkets proccing, bonuses like the 2 set pvp 70+int one, 3 orbs etc. most likely make it very hard to balance shadow in PvP especially with a 25% buff to dmg constantly being present amplifying the effect.

I personally think blizzard is just trying to correct their mistake ever since introducing Mastery to the game. It's obvious that they have absolutely no freaking control over the mastery across classes in general and are trying to get it under control by homogenizing and nerfing passives/abilities that would otherwise only amplify the problem if a certain mastery proved to be the cause of a class being completely out of control in PvE/PvP.

They added something "shiny and exciting" only to realize that they had not thought it through and most certainly not considered the long term effects of the different masteries and their impact on the game. Terrible design, bordering to pathetic to be honest. The way they've redesigned talent trees, abilities etc. has given them the freedom to add something different for each spec which is special to that certain spec, but imho the entire idea of mastery was probably better in theory than it has proven to be in practice. And now they're desperately trying to bring it under control. This doesn't only apply to Priests, but every single class in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not happy with the way they did it. I agree we did too much damage, but that was going mainly out of hand cause of DI. I don't raid with a lock (and we don't even have a spot for one in our raid team), so my numbers didn't go nuts, I'd rather have seen DI worked on. I am fairly unhappy with the nerf of a static buff, I would be fine with it if they had fixed the rng with the Shadow Orbs as well then... The MB burst was too much, I agree, but their way to "fix" us was wrong as well.

Many thanks to Mystyka for creating my signature!

15+ Year Old Account
    I just did 13.5k - 14k on target dummy without Inner Fire... the nerf is justified and shouldn't be bad.

my current sp is 6853
    (6853/1.25)*1.15 = 6305

6853 - 6305 = 548 sp difference
    Inner Fire gives 532sp

The best way to tell how this nerf will affect you is to DPS without Inner Fire
    Have 6154 SP unbuffed.
    test w/out inner fire- aprox 1200
    test with inner fore-aprox 1300
    i know nerf scales worse but ill take a 1000 dps nerf. in raid situations that might be a 2k dps nerf max(for me single target). i was pushing close to 20k on heroic chim last night. i would be fine with 18k

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Yep. It's like Randomsmo(official forums) said:

Spriests buffing Warlocks with Shadow Weaving? NERF SPRIEST!! Warlocks buffing Spriest with DI? NERF SPRIEST!!

GG Blizz. At least it's not a total loss, though. Sure, we're getting -10% overall damage, but our Mastery increased quite a bit. (My Empowered Shadows went from ~12% to 27% with 4.0.6)

My Empowered Shadows said 20% pre patch, 23% post.

Nerfing Dark Intent would make way more sense. Spriests shouldn't be dependent on one class for an important buff. Wasn't that the entire direction Blizzard was going with Bloodlust/Heroism, Motw/Kings, etc.--not having an essential raid buff coming from only one class?

So what if its higher than most (mines usually around our frost DK but thats w/o DI). We lost our 1% hit to the "take the player not the class" idea now the only thing we bring to raids is dmg. If i was making a raid comp I might not even take a Spriest as they are now, especially for 10 man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuzDeMuerte View Post
    So what if its higher than most (mines usually around our frost DK but thats w/o DI). We lost our 1% hit to the "take the player not the class" idea now the only thing we bring to raids is dmg. If i was making a raid comp I might not even take a Spriest as they are now, especially for 10 man.
    all ive raided so far is 10 mans. i am in some blues and pvp gear pullin 17-20k on fights. with the nerf we are still going to be a top dps spec.

http://stateofdps.com/ i see us right about affic lock area for 10 mans. idk to much about 25s.
    Last edited by hellar; 2011-02-12 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by venfayth View Post
    I'm with you. I like being the best, but probably due to the nature of VE we will never have the highest damage output of any class.

edit: To clarify.. I mean that from a design standpoint, not a mechanics standpoint.
    VE on a 5 man group heals for less than a warlocks self healing , i fail to see why our dps should suffer for something blizzard has all but removed from the game.

this nerf is unwarranted and insanely knee-jerk stupidity. Dark Intent needed a change , not shadow. Shadow doesnt even parse the highest in single target fights. It is our fault that skill combined with fights that are completely designed to benefit the shadow playstyle are the current content right now. We are SUPPOSED to top the meters for this current content. It is all based around multi target encounters. THIS IS OUR NICHE!!!

We all saw this coming because we all know how much blizzard hates shadow priests as a class. 5 years of this crap, I really don't know why we continually guess stomped out by blizzard whenever we get to a good place as a class.

Moonkins were doing the same output as us without dark intent yet got half the nerf we did. Marksman parses higher than survival did before 4.06 yet they didnt get any type of nerf? they just got a new spec to play.

This is just another dangling carrot for the shadow priest community.

---------- Post added 2011-02-12 at 07:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    all ive raided so far is 10 mans. i am in some blues and pvp gear pullin 17-20k on fights. with the nerf we are still going to be a top dps spec.

http://stateofdps.com/ i see us right about affic lock area for 10 mans. idk to much about 25s.
    that chart is so inacurate it is almost laughable.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCross View Post
    They add a 10% boost of RNG goodness, then nerf a static 10% buff. At best, we're right back where we started. Real-world numbers, we'll probably come out lower than before. That's the life of the Ginger-class in WoW. The only people left playing this class are people who like to have their nipples nearly tore off with biting during sex.
    i think you have spriests confused with ret pallys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post

that chart is so inacurate it is almost laughable.
    its taken from WoL so its all real uploads

i see us right about affic lock area for 10 mans. idk to much about 25s.
    What i meant about the raids is in a 10 man you have only 5-6 dps depending on the boss having one of those dps without any utility (or real aoe) can be a serious problem. Not only that they also require a lock in order to pull those really high numbers you have up there. Imo unless you have a comp built around the priest then they arnt a great pick.
    Edit: which is sad because shadow is fun as hell

Deleted
    You don`t think the hunter is dealing too low dps at the moment???? I say, Blizzard need to do somethig abot the hunters.
    Last edited by mmoc24665d4db5; 2011-02-12 at 08:47 AM.

i will gladly have dark intent nerfed/removed if they revert the 12% nerf to all warlocks spells that came with 4.0

10+ Year Old Account
    its taken from WoL so its all real uploads
    Some folks can't be bothered by facts that disagree with their assumptions. That said, while I loathe the over-the-top hostility, Jonish has a point in that doing an 8% across-the-board cut to damage just a few days after a substantial increase and without mentioning the effects of DI on raid parses one way or another doesn't make any sense.

There is so much weirdness to this.

Weeks and weeks of PTR testing (I guess it was testing), then release, then a substantial change late on a Friday, just 4 days later, with no testing as such at all.

Allow me one example to make a larger point:

- Mind Sear buffed by 15% + 1 add
    - Now reduced again, not quite back to where it was but since it was only sort of useable before, probably much less so now.
    - This feels like collateral damage to the spell as the developers lurch back and forth trying to figure out what they want to do and seemingly can't remember what they've buffed in the very recent past and why.

They keep saying how complex the game is but when you see this sort of one-hand doing one thing and the other hand undoing the first, you have to wonder if they're truly in over their heads and just can't manage the size of the game any longer.

What's true for me personally is that it's not fun having to deal with the random swings of hotfix and patch-induced class stability. I'd be happy enough if they just settled on something and stuck with it for a while.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-02-12 at 09:10 AM.